Does ANYTHING work!?!

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:27 pm 
Post subject: Does ANYTHING work!?!
To bring on labour!?!
I promised myself that after my last pregnancy going 14 days overdue I wouldn't become so obsessed with trying to get baby out this time...... But I'm desperate!!!!
Has anything worked for you ladies, I have tried everything to avoid going overdue, doing lots of walking and bouncing, using epo and rlt.
Just wanted to see if anything worked for you?

EmzyLouPlusThree
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:41 pm 
Post subject:
i went 10 days late with my 1st so felt the same with 2nd so took epo (by cervix) every night from 36 weeks increasing the dose every week , i also swallowed one every morn , my 2nd was born only 1 day late so i think it worked as my cervix was very soft and ready at a examination a few days before my dd , hope you dont go late again xx
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
Keep busy lol my mum thought she was in labour with my sister, went to hospital and was sent home. My dad popped to the shops and she started doing some housework, she was loading the washing machine and her waters burst lol

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:19 pm 
Post subject:
How are you using the epo? xx

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:42 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies, keeping active isn't hard with a 3 year old lol! I am taking 2 epos a day with 2 inserted as a pessary at night. I really want to be more patient but after Xmas and new year got out of the way I'm now bored of waiting lol!

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:54 pm 
Post subject:
I know it sounds gross but the only time I round epo worked was when I put 3 up there and pushed them up with my rabbit, went into labour 2 days later, I had rough sex 3 days prior too in doggy, not sure if that helped, I was also taking epo orally for a week or so xx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
I went a week over and tried most things. Stayed active obviously with a 4 yr old. Our house has 2 flights of stairs so was up and down them all day. Currys..sex..even sat with my legs in the air hips raised after sex for the swimmers to do their job.
Orgasams Embarassed EPO..RLT..clary sage..nothing, not even a twinge lol
I gave up in the end as they will come when they a r e good and ready but jusy cos you went over last time doesnt automatically mean she'll follow suit xx
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:05 pm 
Post subject:
There are oils they use to help contract the uterus but i have no idea what, try google?
Also ive heard castor oil? again im unsure of it!
Not much help as i had a section Sad xx
Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:19 pm 
Post subject:
Nothing worked for me Sad Just keep yourself busy an give yoirself things to look forward to even if you go over. I had made plans for every day that i was over to stop me going mad xx

ShevAndNissyNoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:47 am 
Post subject:
My daughters godmother is a MW in training and she has been told that absolutely nothing is guaranteed to work, unfortunately babies will only come out when they are good and ready. The good old myth of pineapple you would have to eat at least 7 whole fresh pineapples for it to even have an inkling of an effect.

When I was preg first time round I was 1-2 cm dilated on my due date and my cervix was very favourable, but my little lady didn't arrive for another 12 days xx

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:40 am 
Post subject:
Lol I think sometimes it's just nice to feel like you are doing something!
Had sex this morning, just spent 20 mins sat over a bowl of coffee! Can't see how that one would work but it did feel lovely! Haha! And now off to take Belle swimming. So an active day of eviction tactics!

I went 14 days over with my daughter so was thinking of going to me this week and asking what the chances are of being induced on or near my due date rather than two weeks after. My spd is so painful and now that hubby has gone back to work I just don't know if I can cope with belle by myself? I suppose if u don't ask u don't get?
I know my dates are spot on as I had my coil removed and fell pg 5 days later when I ov'd so it couldn't be out more that a couple of days.

Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:34 pm 
Post subject:
im bored of waiting too lol!! I just keep thinking 'enjoy sleeping for now' lol Harry has been sleeping from 830pm - 9-930am so lots of lie ins for me...but not when baby is here!
Good Luck when it happens..I hope we have nice short labours and were not waiting too long Very Happy xx

Jump to:  

Community

Popular