Cameras

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:24 pm 
Post subject: Cameras
Can anyone recommend a good digital camera? I want to get one as I have no phone or anything to take pics of my little girl plus i will need something for when baby is born. Im not really bothered about price as I would rather pay the little extra to get something decent anyway but i also know you dont nessesarily have to pay a high price to get a good quality camera.

Just need something that will take clear crisp shots xx

Faerydae
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:26 pm 
Post subject:
I had one made by general electronics before I got my DSLR and that was really good and only about £40 Smile
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:51 pm 
Post subject:
When parents ask me to recommend cameras for students I always say either cannon (my personal choice) or Nikon i agree that you don't always have to pay huge amounts for a camera but cannon and Nikon are far superior in quality.

EmmaSharonMiasMummy
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:30 am 
Post subject:
I recommend Nikon (this is my personal choice) they take amazing quality photos i dont know what id do without it lol xx
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:32 am 
Post subject:
Ive seen this and it looks quite good.. what do you think?

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/nikon-coolpix-s9200-compact-digital-camera-black-12333953-pdt.html

EmmaSharonMiasMummy
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:35 am 
Post subject:
That looks really nice and reasonably priced too Smile my nikon camera is near enough exactly like that Smile and it takes fabulous pictures Smile xx
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:06 am 
Post subject:
best thing to do is find a jessops, they are 'proper' camera geeks and in my experience do not just try and seel you the highest proce camera for the sake of it.

When you go it, have in mind what you want the camera to do, when you think you'll use it etc, here's some of the questions they'll probably ask you:-

How much do you want to spend
What sort of pics do you want to take
Do you want to be able to take video
Do you want to carry in handbag or carry around a large camera
What will you do with the pics (ie, print them off, put them on facebook etc)
What sort of memory do you want (do you want to be able to take hundreds of photos and loads of video without downloading every day, or do you want to just take the occassional snap that you can quick upload to facebook)

If you have answers to all of these, they will easily be able to recommend a model around it Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular