TTC but having spotting??

bakermommy
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:56 am 
Post subject: TTC but having spotting??
I have been trying to conceive since August 2012 with no luck so far. does anyone else have any problems with spotting. I always had a very regular period prior to birth control, around 33 day cycles. I was on birth control for about 3 years. Since stopping bc my cycles have been longer like 39 days. I have had spotting right in the middle of cycle and also around ovulation (what I am thinking is my ovulation time) and also right around the time I should get period. Guess it makes the ttc part even harder cause I just never know for sure what is going on. Going to try adding a few more methods of detecting ovulation if it didn't happen this time around.
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:01 am 
Post subject:
Hi hun, I sometimes get spotting, I think spotting around ov time isnt unusual, and I used to experience spotting throughout my cycle, if you are concern though, visit your GP xx

bakermommy
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 pm 
Post subject: TTC but having spotting??
I was concerned so I did make an appointment with my OB/GYN to have a full exam and see what she thinks. I did have 2 days of spotting but now I started a normal flow like period today so I guess I don't suspect pregnancy anymore this time. We will try again after this period ends and continue to try and pray that we get a successful pregnancy and baby (babies)!!! I really appreciate your kind words and I am always open to information about ttc and increasing your chances. We really want to add another child to our family! xoxo
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:50 am 
Post subject:
Spotting during your cycle can be normal, it can happen at ov time with pinkish watery loss which is the fluid from the egg follicle, or you can have red loss from your uterine lining being irritated by the rise in hormones for a couple of days after OV, you might find you have a bit of mild cramping as well if that happens, and some women spot for a few days before their AF starts, but if the spotting starts too early then it can be a sign of low progesterone , idealy your luteal phase should be at least 10 days + so if you get spotting before 10DPO then it might be a sign that you have low progesterone ,
if you find your periods are starting early then thats probably why ,
if it just happens once its not a problem as it could just be a not so great quality corpus luteum but if it happens over a few cycles I'd ask to have your progesterone tested, that should be done 7 days minimum after you ovulate , some docs just do it on cd 21 but if you ov later or earlier than cd14 then the day its done will need to be adjusted Smile
If its low progesterone they might suggest a couple of things to sort it out like clomid to try and make you release more then one egg, then you'd have more than one corpus luteum and so higher progesterone anyway, or maybe progesterone suppositories , some herbals are supposed to support progesterone production too ,
dong quai and agnus castus are both supposed to help and taking Vit B6 alongside a B vitamin complex is supposed to lengthen your luteal phase as well Smile
If you're ovulating late in a cycle as well then both agnus and dong quai can help bring that forward,
when I took agnus it made me ov around cd 14 instead of cd 18 and with dong quai I ov'd at cd 13 one month which had never happened to me before Shocked
The month after I stopped the agnus my cycle went back to being longer, but since taking the donq quai for a few months last year I've had 28-29 day cycles every month since Smile
I also found I didn't get any noticable bad effects from the dong quai whereas the agnus castus made me moody Embarassed Laughing
Sometimes your body can just be a bit out of whack though after being on the pill and sorts itself out after a few months Smile Good luck xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular