insomnia?!

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:32 am 
Post subject: insomnia?!
I expected it later on in pg but it's awful already it's taking me hours to get to sleep bland then I'm waking in the night too for 2 hours or so... Last night I was awake from half 3 till half 5... No reason for it.. Just couldn't sleep.. It's been like this since the day before new years eve... I'm so tired now and no chance of a nap with 2 boisterous boys... Going to get some ear plugs today in case its noise thats waking me as my oh is a noisy sleeper... But I have no idea how to get to sleep easier either at bed time or in the night... Any suggestions?! X
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:39 pm 
Post subject:
Best tip I can give you for trying to sleep is to focus on something abd try to keep your eyes open for as long as you can. Got it off some program with some sleep expert on it and it works for me. Also a warm bath before bed.
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:20 pm 
Post subject:
I really do feel for you I never suffered last time but have been sleeping on the sofa now for about 3 months because I just can't sleep at all. It really is breaking me. Something I would deffinately recommend would be to go out and treat your self to a lovely new pillow! Something that made a big difference for me!

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:30 am 
Post subject:
I used to suffer a lot from insomia and eventually I managed to break it by the 'bed is for sleep not for thinking' method. One of my best friends tried this a couple of weeks ago and she broke it in just 1 night, it took me just over a week tho, so here you go.

About 1 hour before bed have a hot bath (don't do it with 30 mins of bedtime)
Go to bed and try to sleep
If you haven't got to sleep within an hour, get up, go downstairs into a darkened room and have a cup of hot milk, or something like ovaltine (NO stimulants so no tea and coffee). Make sure you do not read, or watch TV, just see in a room with a very very low light). Once you've finished your drink go back to bed.
If after 30 mins you haven't gone to sleep, get back up, go downstairs into a darkened room and put something really boring on the TV with the sound almost set to off. After 30 mins go back to bed.
Keep repeating the above step until you sleep.

Basically you are re-training your brain what bed is for because most of the time its your brain in overdrive that actually stops you sleeping even if you don#t realise it.

Goodluck,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular