negative test result 2 days before period due?

lulunew
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:38 pm 
Post subject:
Ok ill have a look at those. Think first response are 10 aswell. Aw that's a shame, well hopefully you've been lucky this month and sure looks like it! This is my 3 rd month, I know it can take a while but with being young and never really being on the pill for long periods of time or anything I thought it would maybe be quick but looks like it might take a while .x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:23 am 
Post subject:
lulunew the digi's are most reliable when testing from the first day of a missed period, they're not really designed for early testing , so you might have just tested too early Question some women don't get a positive even on the early tests until they miss AF,, those words "not pregnant" are cruel though Sad I don't like the digi's just for that reason Rolling Eyes Laughing Good luck xx
lulunew
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:33 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks DL05 , its all a bit confusing isn't it haha. Nothing is set in stone with the body! I tried a first response early last month and it was neg. I'm going to buy one today and try it either tonight or tomorrow. Wish I could just wait until the 7th when ill come on because deep down I already feel like I'm not pregnant again this month, but I'm just dying to see a positive result. Had a dream last night that I took a test and watching the postive sign come up was great then I woke up! Sad so ill maybe try one later this evening and the other in the morning to put my mind at rest. Then ill wait for the witch to make her apperance! Xx
lulunew
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:43 pm 
Post subject:
Omg I just did a first response test right there and its positive!! BUT the second line is very faint but still clearly noticible. I am trying not to get excited incase I may be having a chemical pregnancy since my CB digital test was negative 2 days ago :s. Will I do another test in a couple of hours? I have one more first response test and another CB digital . I'm with my friend just now but still going out my mind. She is going to make a black coffee to try make my urine stronger and test in a few hours? And again in morning! Ahhhhh any advice please? I don't know why I'm worrying that its a chemical but I'm not due for 2 days and with it being faint and agetting a negative 2 days ago? Sorry to ramble!! If your there DL05 is there how do I upload a pic to show you the test? Xx
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
Fingers crossed for you lulunew.

To upload a photo i used photobuket.com you up load pic to that then copy and past the address. you will need to mark the photo as public so we can see it i think.

Really hoping you r pregnant would be great it we were due at the same time. Defo do another test in the morning. The line may appear stronger then. I dont think by doing another test now it will appear stronger but there is no harm in trying.

Hoping its not a chemical pregnancy, i had one last month, i tested from 12 dpo and watched the line get fainter every day. Sad

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. xx

ps, not wanting to rub it in BUT have you seen my new ticker!

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:36 pm 
Post subject:
also on photobucket.com you can up load the pic so it comes up on your post without us having to click on web link.

1st up load your pick to photobucket.com (you may need to register but its free)
2nd click on the picture so it comes up big on the screen, on the right hand side it will have a box that says image links. click on IMG CODE. This will copy the pic
3rd Click paste on your askbaby post and it will show up.

(ive ony just found that out Laughing )

lulunew
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:38 pm 
Post subject:
Hi emmie02 , thanks. I need all the luck I can get! That would be so good. I'm hoping so much that I won't have a chemical pregnancy Sad will be soo gutted. How common are they? Also do our dates match? According to my ovulation calculator I would of ovulated on the 24th and my period is due in 2 days which is the 7th. So am I around the time I'd have a chemical pregnancy? I'm sitting here actually shaking haha. I want to be excited but I'm sooooo worried incase I keep testing and they get fainter and then neg Sad today I would be 12dpo if I did ovulate the day my calculator says. I know nobody can tell me there's no way of knowing but is this around the time I'd have a chemical? Since I got a neg 2 days ago!! I think I may self combust in this next 2 days now incase my period comes. Should I go to the maternity clinic tomo where they test you too? These tests are 10mlu I think , not sure what they use in the hosp tho...
A HUGE congrats to you!!!!! That's just lovely I'm very happy for you. You had negatives then positive too this month didn't you? So maybe I will be ok and it will be a sticky bean too!.xxx
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:59 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah i had negs up until 12 dpo thats when i got my first positive.

Not sure how common chemical pregnancy's are as most people woudn't know they have had one unless they test very early as they would just think its there normal period.

Did you do another test?

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hope you get anther BFP. Id love to have an October mummy friend.

As for going to the maternity clinic im not sure. Ive only ever been offered a blood test but decided that 3 positives was enough.

It would b normal for you to have had negatives b4 the positive as your hgc wouldn't have been high enough that early to show up on the test. I had 5 negatives coz i tested so early.

R u going to post a pic of your test? Im sure clearblue are quite accurate tests.

Good luck, wishing you a sticky bean. x

lulunew
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, yes I did another test about half an hour ago and got an even fainter positive but iv had had 2 cans of juice inbetween! I think going from friends experience they offer a pregnancy test. Where do you live? It would be nice if its a sticky bean for me to have someone to talk to, I would be classed as 4 weeks pregnant too, so if I am 12dpo am I out of the risk of chem preg? Or is that not until a week after periods due or something? I had a look at the CB digital and it isn't for early testing its for telling you when you concieved like someone told me on here. Where as the ones I used are for early testing. I'm praying I don't come on my period and that it is a sticky one Smile. Time will tell. I'm just hoping that the fact my 2nd test there was a lighter line doesn't mean anything bad, just that I'd urinated not long before and had a lot to drink. Sorry I'm rambling on just nerves. And iv tried taken a few photos and none are clear enough to show you. I think ill do my other CB test that I still have in the morning and see what that says. Heading to clinic with a friend about 1030 tomo morning I'm not patient haha xx
lulunew
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:54 pm 
Post subject:
Something odd just happened!!... I looked in my bag to show my friend the negative test I had done, forgot I had taken a cheapy card stick dip one that morning too which instantly came up negative so I threw it in my bag instead of waiting the 5min that it said only to discover just there that its actually positive!! So that was 2 days ago, after that one I did the clear blue digi that said not pregnant so obv its very early and the cheaper one showed up!! :s it is a clearer line on the cheap one but still faint, tonights 2 were fainter than that so hoping its because its 2 different makes of test not because its anything bad!x.
lulunew
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:34 am 
Post subject:
I just took another clear blue digital and it says pregnant 1-2 weeks. So heading to clinic this morning xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:40 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations Smile
It can all get confusing with all the tests being different sensitivities , they should have to state how sensitive they are on the box I think , as having a negative after a positive can be distressing and confusingas can the fainter lines some tests give, glad you finally got your "pregnant" though Very Happy xx
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:46 am 
Post subject:
lulunew wrote:
I just took another clear blue digital and it says pregnant 1-2 weeks. So heading to clinic this morning xx

congratulations. fx its sticky.

lulunew
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:51 am 
Post subject:
It is confusing, I'm still confused! Thanks girls. Just really really hoping its a sticky xx
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:36 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations!

Fingers crossed for a sticky bean.

Let us know how you get on at the clinic. x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular