negative test result 2 days before period due?

lulunew
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:07 am 
Post subject:
Morning, well I went to the clinic yesterday showed the midwife my tests which were a mixture of boots cheapies, CB digital, first response, had a couple of each one so she said yes looks like your pregnant and would be about 4 weeks. She then did a test which aren't as sensitive as mine hers was 25. and it didn't come up positive until a few seconds after the 3 minute window so because of this she can't accept it until I show strong enough and soon enough on their tests so was told to go back next week as she said I may continue with the pregnancy fine or I may not. Frustrated I went home in the afternoon I took another CB digital test 'pregnant 1-2 weeks' followed by first response 2 lines, still faint but clear. I then took a home test that was 25 (same as hosp) and it came up positive just over of 3 minutes again.

This morning I took a first response again, 2 lines pretty much straight away still faint but the strongest iv had from FR so far. I then tried the 25 one with the same urine sample came up pos after the 3 mins again. The only good thing is that my FR one this morning was a bit stronger than the past few days. TODAY is the day af is due Sad I'm so hoping that I have a sticky bean. Does anyone know if I should be worried that my tests are only slightly stronger today?? Shouldn't they be showing two strong lines today? Or will that be the days after today where it be after af is due?? I'm going crazy and turning into a seriel tester!
Going to the docs this afternoon I'm hoping ill get a positive on their test before their '3 minute guideline' and she could then refer me. Getting positives for 3 days on FR and CBdigi should be a good thing but I'm worried the tests should be strong by now Sad hope I'm not having a chemical. Would be so gutted. X
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Lulunew.

I shouldn't worry too much about how much darker they are getting. As long as they are getting darker.
Wen i look at mine (im still doing them every day Laughing ) i don't notice that much difference between the one i did the day b4, however if i compare ones that have been 2-3 days apart that's when i notice the difference. It will take a while for them to be as strong as the control line. (mine are still not as dark as the control line )
Also every test is different, you could take 2 the same tests at the same time and one could appear darker than the other.

Chances r if u r due today and u got a positive this morning then u r pregnant. Smile When i had my chemical pregnancy i got a bfn in the morning.

Some tests say on them to wait up to 10 mins for results then anything after that u cant go by. Never heard of 3 mins b4, that seems a bit quick really.

Hope you get on ok at the doctors. x

lulunew
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hi emmie02,

Been at doctors, she told me I am pregnant just always a risk of early MC she didn't know the term 'chemical pregnancy' until I explained and she said well there's just always a higher risk first trimester. So she didn't really give me much on the chemical bit. Seemed to think it was over the top. Told me to stop testing all the time and not to worry as that's the worst. She asked me to hand in a urine sample tomo morning which will go to lab then ill get results monday or into next week. Seems forever away just now Sad how long past your period due date are you now? Mines today so been checking for blood all day Sad fingers crossed we have very sticky beans! X
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!

i 2 days past now.

I know how u r feeling, try to relax (says me Laughing )

I still looking every time i go tot he loo as well. Im sure i wasnt this paranoid with Belle.

Like i said b4 if u had a positive today then you can defo rule out chemical pregnancy.

Ive started a October 2013 Mummies post come and join it you will find it at the bottom of the forum under 2013 birth club (or something like that)

Wishing you a healthy 9 months.

lulunew
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:59 pm 
Post subject:
Aw thank you. I'm not out the woods yet. Your a bit ahead luckily for you. The next week or so will be tourture! Going to test in the morning. Fingers crossed its still there or still a darker line. Sorry I am a bit clueless on all this so how do you know I can rule out chemical pregnancy.
Thanks for the invite I will defo add myself to it down the line a wee bit as I'm driving my mind mad with thinking I'm jinxing everything! X
lulunew
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:29 pm 
Post subject:
http://www.pregnancyloss.info/info-howcommon.htm

How accurate do you think that is? As it states once you pass the day of you missed period implantation is certain? Xx
lulunew
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:58 pm 
Post subject:
Does anyone know if this is true or how accurate it is? Would put my mind a bit at ease!

'Once you pass the day that you have missed your period, the implantation is usually established. This number applies to pregnancies where hCG levels reach 50-80.2 '

?
X
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
i think it quite accurate.

Try not to worry to much. Like i said you had BFP's 2 day the day your period is due. So i think that if it was a chemical one you woudn't have gotten a BFP 2day and you would have gotten your period as normal.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:03 pm 
Post subject:
I didnt get a positive until 4 daus after I expected AF. This was a very strong Bfp and came up before the control line, even though I had, had 2 BFNS before, adn my daughter is now 3!

lulunew
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hi steph181, I'm not sure wither that's good for me or not then as heard the earlier the test is postive the more likely of losing it! I'm such a worrier haha. This is my 4th day of positives , due today, haven't had it despite checking constantly. Need to stop obsessing over this 'chemical pregnancy!' Don't know what's wrong with me Sad x
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:41 pm 
Post subject:
Im sure you past that point now for a chemical pregnancy.

Sorry if i scared you when i told you about my chemical pregnancy last month i didn't mean to, was just telling you a bit about me, Sorry.

I know its worrying. I still loo when i go to the loo, i think its only natural to be worried until you see the baby on your first scan.

If your realy worried you could go see your dr ad ask for a blood test. They will take some blood from you then u go back i think the nxt day or 2 days later and they take more blood to check to see if the levels have risen. If they have then all should be well.

Try not to think about it too much. x

lulunew
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:50 pm 
Post subject:
No no its not you at all don't worry! Its my fault iv been googling stuff way too much! I enjoy hearing stuff about from others Smile. Ill wait and see how my test is in the morning, have one more to do! Then my lab results are next week so will see how it goes.. Keep me posting on you too, each day is a victory Smile x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:51 am 
Post subject:
A chemical pregnancy is when the fertilised egg implants but then fails to grow, a woman may or may not have a positive test, some women know whats happened from having bloods done , others test early but just get faint results which never get darker, normally a chemical loss will happen around the day AF is expected or a few days either side ,the bleeding may just be like a normal period or a bit heavier , often it doesn't look any different than a normal period loss , once you've got to the point of having a pregnancy confirmed then a doc will call a loss an early miscarriage , its all just different names for the same thing but at different stages really Question
If you test everyday then you might not see any difference or could even get lighter tests sometimes , the best thing to do is leave at least 48 hrs between testing to allow the HCG to rise then you might see a difference, but tests will only go as dark as the dye allows and vary from test to test, so you can't judge rising HCG reliably from the strength of the lines .
As hard as it is try not to worry, there's nothing you can do either way, worrying is part of being pregnant really but so far there's no reason to think anything will go wrong for you xx
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:11 pm 
Post subject:
I found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks 4 days and probably could have had a positive earlier as the line was pretty clear by that point. My daughter is now 4 months old!

I really wouldnt stress about line strengths, chemical pregnancies and losing the baby - as there is little you can do to prevent it happening. Enjoy your good news as stressing certainly wont help you.

I am pretty sure the ladies will agree that all you can do it take care of yourself, avoid stress and take folic acid to give your bean the best chance!

Good Luck
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Raspich. Congrats! Lovely photo, she is gorgeous. Iv had it confirmed by the midwife so my first appointment is on the 4th. 3 weeks away if all is still ok. I am just going on to 5 weeks they told me. (Technically 3 weeks) if you know what I mean! Been taking folic acid for a while now and now taking pregnacare. Just taking each day at a time Smile your right about it if its going to happen will happen no matter what. Thanks for your message x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular