negative test result 2 days before period due?

lulunew
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:03 pm 
Post subject: negative test result 2 days before period due?
Has anyone been pregnant but had a negative test 2 days before period? Hopefully there's still a chance I am but wondered how many people really get positive results early or is it more common after missed period?? X
poppytops
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:30 pm 
Post subject:
The most reliable tests are done after your period was due to rule out 'chemical pregnancies' I have heard of some ladies not getting positive until they are 6 weeks pregnant or more xx

lulunew
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:31 am 
Post subject:
Hello! Thanks so much for your reply, turned out I wasn't pregnant last month after all, tomorrow is my last fertile day this month , so been trying again. Was being a bit impatient last month as was first month of trying! So chilled out a bit for this second try just facing the fact it will happen when its meant to, will take each month as it comes. Its the 2ww and the not knowing that's a bit of a struggle, but hopefully will get there one day! Was the 14th day today from first day of my last period had no signs of ovulation at all apart from as I'm typing this I have a hot flush lol so perhaps that's one! I don't think you always have signs however fingers crossed again for this month Smile x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:50 am 
Post subject:
Hi just wanted to wish you good luck and say that you don't always ovulate 14 days after a period, it varies from woman to woman, even with the textbook example of a 28 days cycle then ovulation day can be much earlier or later than day 14 Smile So today might not be your last fertile day Question
Anything from about day 10 to day 18 and still be considered normal , some docs say try from about day 8 to day 20 just to cover all the options Shocked Laughing even longer with a longer cycle Laughing
Not all women get signs, but once you know what you're looking for they can be easier to pick up, sometimes using the ovulation predictor kits (OPK's) just for one month can really help as then you'll get a clearer idea of when you do normally ovulate, you might notice signs that you never connected as being ovulation and you get to see how long your luteal phase is as well Smile
I used to use them and don't even need to now as I recognise whats normal for me so I pick up ovulation even if it happens earlier or later than I expected Smile
Cm is a fantastic guide to your fertility though so if you notice after your period that its become clear and watery then it means you're closer to ov and ewcm means its happening now or will very soon, after ovulation cm changes back to white and can become thicker and sticky, not all women get enough to just notice when they wipe though which means having to check it which I know some people are squeemish about (you get less squeemish the longer you've been trying though Laughing )
Good luck for this month xx
lulunew
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:07 am 
Post subject:
Hi there, thanks very much for all the info, I'm new to all this (as you can tell) so its greatly apprecieated. I'm going to have to be blunt , sorry if its too much info! However my other half and I have sex every night to be honest, there's maybe the odd time we miss a night but we do have sex a lot. We are 23 and 24 and it doesn't feel like its timed because of this, I have worried that we have too much as I heard it can effect the sperm quality but when I googled it it said there's no medical evidence of this and its best to have a lot as not to miss a peak time. Different times through the day today iv had a very dull ache and niggle very low down in my stomach on both sides then occasionaly just the left side, and tonight the odd wave of an almost period like pain do you know if that's sign of ovulation? As my next period isn't due until the 7th! Also I don't really get an awful lot of discharge there was one point last month about a week before my period that I had a creamy white discharge that was only the one time. As I said I have very regular sex so I can never tell if its a watery discharge or traces of sperm leakage that's in my pants at the end of the day- sorry if that's gross lol. Don't know how else to describe it! Thanks for taking the time to give me the info! And thanks for the good luck. If you are trying then I wish you luck too Smile xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:46 am 
Post subject:
Don't worry about the too much information , it's normal on the TTC section Laughing
Having sex everyday if you want to is fine, at least then you know you've got it covered Laughing
Dull aching and sharper twinges low down on one side or the other are probably ovary pains , you might find you get them on both sides before ov (because both sides are growing follicles) and then just one side after ov (because the side that released an egg then grows something called the corpus luteum ) around ov time and after it your hormones tell your body to thicken the womb lining up just in case there's a fertilised egg and that can cause mild period type cramping for some women Smile
Its does sound like if you haven't ov'd yet then you might be about to, don't worry about not seeing cm, as the whole point of it is to be around your cervix and protect the sperm , some women never notice it and it can be hard to tell whats what after sex, because the fluid once the sperm are out of it goes clear Rolling Eyes Laughing

The white discharge about a week before your period is normal, around then your progesterone levels reach a peak so its common to notice an increase , basically oestrogen makes cm clear and progesterone makes it white, you make more progesterone after ovulation so if you do notice you're getting white cm then you will have ov'd already, when I first started trying I never paid any attention to what my body was doing but after 2 1/2yrs I just know whats normal for me now its funny how you start noticing everything when you're trying Laughing Good luck for this month xx
lulunew
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:15 am 
Post subject:
Hi again Smile hope your well, all this information is great thanks v much, I'm now more aware of what to look for Smile so.. Today I actually thought I'd come on my period 2weeks early! Surprised but when I went to the loo I had a little bit of white cm. Just a small bit . But I did have about an hour of feeling on my period was very strange! Gosh you have a lot of experience by the sounds of it, thank you for explaining things to me on both posts. Much aprecieated. Hope it happens for us all soon xx
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
hi ya.

Im due in a few days and been testing everyday for last last 5 days. All so far have been BFN. Although im not sure if there was a very very faint line this morning or if im just seeing things. Laughing I did promise myself last month wouldn't test early again after getting a bfp for 3 days that all got fainter then i came on.

Wishing you all the best for this month.

DLO5- I didnt know about ovulating that late into the cycle Shocked well if i havent been lucky this month then nxt time i shall BD every other day until i get my bfp or come on.

lulunew
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hey, aw sorry to here that, but there's hope yet atleast! Smile try not to test until the day your period is due if you haven't come on? That's really the most accurate from that day onwards. Listen to this hyporcrite here who tested yesterday 8 days before I am due! Haha. A nurse I know told me that it 'should show up' by now but my doctor says 1st day of due period and onwards as it is def more accurate, I made the same promise to myself for this month so I am going to wait until the 7th before testing again if I don't come on that day. Your only a few days a head of me I think, would be lovely to both get a positive! But if not then we will just need to keep on trying next month Smile. I also thought my line was faint yesterday but I had the same this month. Its weird but my gut feeling Is that I'm not pregnant this time round. But still hope we both get lucky! Baby dust! X
lulunew
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:50 am 
Post subject:
Well that's me out again for this month! Due my period in 3days time (on the 7th). I just did a clear blue digital test this morning and those horrible words 'not pregnant' appeared Sad I am 23 as iv said so I'm starting to worry there could be something wrong , but trying to stay realistic. Still a worry though Crying or Very sad hope you all have better luck x
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:59 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear that but you still have a few days left yet. Do u know how sensitive your test was? Mine were 10 mIU/mL

How long have you been TTC? It can take a while, my friend was trying for just over a yr with her first. She went to see a Dr but was told they wouldn't do anything until after 2 yrs! Your still young so i wouldn't worry too much yet. I was 25 when i had Belle.

I think i am pregnant. Ive been testing every day and the past 4 days have all been BFPS! Smile Just waiting for 2moro to come and go then i will say yes or no.

Wishing you all the best. x

lulunew
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, thank you, I just feel its not going to be this time either Sad but a big congrats to you I really hope that its good news with all those positives I'm sure it is! Great news. Happy for you Smile. See when you were getting the negatives how long did that happen for? And when did you start getting positives? Just wondering if its the same as me as I am 3 days away from my period ?? So holding on to a bit of hope that you had negatives now positives Smile. Oh and the clearblue digital was 25mlu ? X
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:17 pm 
Post subject:
I got negatives for about 4-5 days then my positive i got on Friday (4 days away from af) My tests are more sensitive than yours so don't give up hope just yet.

Fingers crossed for you, would be great in we could be in the October club together. Smile

lulunew
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
Ok thank you. Chances are I should of got a positive this morning then since only 3 days away from af. I will try test again tomo or the next day , what tests were you using? That's so exciting for you, you must be so happy after the initial disapointment. How long have you been trying? That would be great if I was too. But I think I'd feel it in my gut feelings if I was and I don't. Not to mention the negative test so close to af being due but ill keep trying Smile x
emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:22 pm 
Post subject:
i used these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/10mIU-High-Sensitivity-Pregnancy-Strips/dp/B005RYQ4ZO/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1360019866&sr=8-5

we were ment to start ttc in Dec, however staying at the in laws while i was ovulating it didn't really happen, we only managed to bd once! that resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
So really this was the first month we actually really ttc.

will still keep my fingers crossed for you. How long have you been TTC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Am I Pregnant? All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to:  

Community

Popular