still bleeding 4.5 weeks after c section

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:02 pm 
Post subject: still bleeding 4.5 weeks after c section
hi girls. i have been continously blerding. well it stopped for a day! now is back and still really heavy and bright red eith a few cramps and tonight i noticed a few clots. is this normal? i think i have a water infection as well so going to the docs tomorrow. i know it is not my period.

any experiences welcome.

still v sore after section with lots of shooting pains in scar area xx

fuzzyferret
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:56 am 
Post subject:
sorry can't speak about bleeding after c-section, but I bled for almost 9 wks after a normal delivery, and that also went so light I thought it was stopping around 4 wks but then came back. I had to visit the doc for something else and she said it was not a problem, pretty normal.
Congrats on your new baby.

thaks
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:45 am 
Post subject: Re: still bleeding 4.5 weeks after c section
I had my baby 7 weeks ago and I only bleed 4 a week even now hv'nt seen a flow jst few bleeds once a day nt every day though, think u should go to the Dr just to be on a safe side.
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:12 am 
Post subject:
I bled for 3 weeks after a normal delivery and then af arrived 3 weeks after that.

my friend bled on and off for 6 weeks.

lysianassa
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:07 am 
Post subject:
Erin, I bled for a 4/5 weeks with my first c-section and it was heavy. Then it stopped for a few days then I had more bleeding for about a week. Then a week or so afterwards I bled again. Four weeks after the first lot of bleeding had stopped my period started Rolling Eyes

After this c-section I basically stopped bleeding and just experiencing some spotting. It depends how much they get rid off when you're in theatre.

Last time I spoke to my GP about it and she said if I had any more bleeding then they would look into it but didn't have any more.

If you're getting worried I would talk to your GP. Oh, and the pain in the scar - is it still really painful? Itchiness is good because its healing, but I found that my first c-section scar was far more painful than my second. Don't forget its major abdominal surgery - and your first - so don't expect to be pain-free straight away. I think my pain went around 8 weeks after my son was born.

Hope this helps

Jup
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:33 am 
Post subject:
Hi I bleed very lightly for about 1.5 weeks. But I think it's normal to bleed for up to 6 weeks.

Regarding the pain from the scar, my pain lasted for about 5 months. Especially if the scar was touched or when bending. However 9 months later and the pain has totally gone.

You are still in recovery for 2 months afterwards so you need to take it as easy as possible and just focus on baby and not much else.
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:43 am 
Post subject:
I didn't have section but I bled on and off (heavy and light) for about 5 weeks! I wouldn't worry too much hun, as long as it seems 'normal' and not smelly or anything (sorry TMI) then its prob just still your body sorting itself out.

You should have your 6 week check coming up with your GP soon so if your still bleeding then mention it to him/her.

xx
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:20 pm 
Post subject:
I bled for 6 weeks after this section (only 3 after natural first time), it was fairly light as I had high blood loss in theatre and it felt like they had scrapped me clear (and am on iron tablets for it) but after 4 weeks had days where I bled heavy then nothing, then heavy then nothing with tonnes of cramping too - which felt like my kidneys and bladder. A week after finishing the lochia bleeding I then had AF. The HV suggested that it was because I was over doing things but I really wasn't because I was so rough still from being ill.

I agree with the ladies - mention it to your doctor. Clots I recall them saying if it is bigger than a 50p piece and you are changing pads every hour for a couple of days, but always best to get checked out to be sure.

xx

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:56 pm 
Post subject:
thanks girls for your replys.

mrsoz i also lost a lot of blood and was on iron whixh is why i hoped i would not bleed as much oh well.

docs said i have a womb infection so on antibiotics....just to add to the water infection and piles....lovely xx

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
oh bless you ((hugs)) hope you feel better soon

xx

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:47 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry I've only just seen this! I bled for almost 10 weeks on/off after my section, lots of clots, etc!
I did over do it though! Xx
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:24 am 
Post subject:
thanks for your reply. mine seems to b all over the place. it will not b to bad and then for a few hours its really heavy, filling pads, clots etc with lots of pain then it eases off. i will see how it is after the antibiotics xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular