Liverpool women's hospital

rachel543
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:13 pm 
Post subject: Liverpool women's hospital
Hi ladies

So I got referred last month to liverpool and just been called to organise my first visit which is going to be next Tuesday. I just wondered if anyone could give me an idea of what we should expect.

Thanks ladies in advance.

Babydust to all xxx
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:51 am 
Post subject:
Ive no experience of the hospital personally, what is it youre going there for? Is it for an Ivf consultation?
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:56 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for the reply nutty. Yeah it's for Ivf we have been diagnosed with unexplained by gynea. So tue will be our first visit eek!!
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:02 pm 
Post subject:
Have you had all the screening tests done - Hiv, Hep B , Hep C etc?
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:04 pm 
Post subject:
I think I have by my drs but imagine they will want to do it too maybe??
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi!

I had all the screening done by my doctor and had previously had a lap & dye test so my first proper consultation basically consisted of some questions about myself and my partner, my partner was also asked to give a second sample in and i had some bloods taken and swabs for the MRSA virus. I then got an appointment for an internal scan and then my next appointment after that was to sign consent forms and discuss our treatment plan, both of us had some blood taken again for hiv and hep b i think it was. We also attended a lecture with other people about the who ivf/icsi process, this was just general info, but really helped! After my last appointment last month i have to call a nurse who asked my when af was due next, november was too soon so we decided on december and she sent me my perscription out and i have to go for blood tests as soon as she arrives and then we r off!! Hope that makes sense.....hasnt taken very long, 3 months from my first appointment until today.

x
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:13 pm 
Post subject:
We went through a private clinic so its probably a little different but they were quite happy with all the screening tests that our doctor forwarded to them. Just depends on whether they are still valid (theyre valid for a year I think). Other than that the first meeting we had discussed the exact treatment theyll offer , what protocol youll be doing (theres long and short dependent on your cycle etc). They will thoroughly explain the timeline of events in an Ivf cycle too. There is a lot of information to take in but they give you paperwork that you can read through in your own time.
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:19 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for the replies. I'm so excited now just glad I only have to wait a week!! Does all the bloods have to be done at the hospital your under as we are about an hour away but I guess it's worth travelling an hour for the outcome xx
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:22 pm 
Post subject:
I would presume so but as I say we paid for private treatment so I cant say 100%
Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:10 pm 
Post subject:
i had private icsi treatment at liverpool womens hospital i had all my bloods done on my 1st appointment which was december 2010,some results take a little longer than others to come back ,i had my 1st isci cycle in march/april 2011 it worked but i had a chemical pregnancy , i had my 2nd cycle in july/aug 2011 in which i over responded to drugs and had all my embryos frozen, i then had medicated frozen transfer in january 2012 result my little boy, i had to pay for both my cycles but got my f.e.t free , hope this helps good luck susie x

Notes:
teehopes
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hello

Well we are in the same boat I think as you, we have been ttc for 3.5 years with nothing Crying or Very sad

So process we have had all tests at our local hospital over 2 years!!! then after clomid for 9 months we where finally referred for IVF (or so I was told) this was April 12 I then rang in August (St Marys where we have been referred to) they didnt have our referral I was gutted I rang my local hospital (who had told me that they had referred it) to find out the girl who was supposed to do it was on the sick and she hadnt referred us I ws gutted so we are actaully about 4 months behind due to this error! I actaully started crying on the phone so anyway they pushed it through I presume as we got our pack through from manchester within 2 days!!(like you its around a 120 round trip so about an hour and half each way) pretty quick we had to have all bloods again I had to have a scan on cd3-5 and OH had to do his sa again.

Did all this is Septemeber I had to go for bloods weight height etc and then oh had to go for his sa then I had to go again for a scan on day4 of cycle so I think I have been three times Rolling Eyes we where then told it would be about 12 weeks as the results all then go to a consultant they then send us an appointment when we discuss the results sign all paperwork and pretty much start treatment not much longer after that!!!

Our appointment is a week tommorrow!!! we got the app in the post about 2-3 weeks ago the pack is huge and has all info about ivf so I presume that we have been accepted, after reading on google seems once you have had all this and seen the cons you pretty much start next cycle!

So thats where we are at the mo, this is on the nhs Very Happy

Where are you up to ? have you had your appointment? its so difficult arranging things around work as its a small office and people notice when I am not here as I do a LOT Laughing xx
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:45 pm 
Post subject:
We had our appointment and as soon as we sat down got told it was good, bad, good news. The bad was that the appointment was pointless as we had everything tested at our hospital but the good we qualify Nd that the wasted appointment won't delay anything!! We are now going to a group counselling session on Thursday at 5.30. The consultant on bbc programme is the guy we saw and said we should hopefully of done a cycle by feb so who knows!! Maybe we will find more out on Thursday!! I get excited every time I see we have post in the hope it's another hospital appointment!! Bad isn't it!!

Good luck with it all!!

Jump to:  

Community

Popular