ECV footling breech

jusf
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:22 pm 
Post subject: ECV footling breech
Help I'm 37 +3 and am so confused this is my second baby who so far has been breech or transverse the whole way through I went for my final presentation scan today convinced i had decided to have a c section. The consultant is very hopeful he can turn him and has talked me into trying I'm booked for next Wednesday. Iv got home and now don't know if I'm doing the right thing. He is footling breech so he's feet first can they see on the scan before hand that the cord is not around the baby's kneck please give me some sucess stories !
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:41 am 
Post subject:
No advice, but don't be pushed into anything you don't want to.
Poppy was breech and I asked if she could be turned around but was refused because we were both so ill and needed to come out asap, but the MW did say that only a handful of drs will do this procedure, so had you got another dr / you may not be offered the same 'opportunity'.
If you would rather have scetion, tell him, it's your body hun

xx

XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi hun I had a footling delivery, i dont know whether you have read my birth story, luckily for you they are aware baby is x

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
jusf
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:15 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you ladies I haven't read your birth story yet I'm going to have a look now thanks again .
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:17 pm 
Post subject:
It is an impressive entrance / birth story - well done char, shows it can be done!

xx

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, my daughter was a footling breach and I was offered to turn her but refused as the thought of it goes right through me, I didn't want to risk anything (not that I looked into the risks admittedly) but I'd had a very awkward pregnancy as it was as I have a bicornuate uterus so she was bound to be in some sort of breech positioning!
I have recently been on birth workshops run by a brilliant independent midwife and. She's delivered many a breech baby and insists there are no more risks than a head down baby, I'd have definitely gone for the natural if it wasn't for my womb! If you do want a natural insist, and back it up with research if you need to, its so easy for consultants to section women these days! Good luck! Xx
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:04 pm 
Post subject:
This happened to me when my first was Breech. I knew what my choice would be when I asked the consultant how many babies in the same position have you successfully turned and she said 1!!! Try asking but stress in exactly the same position. Might give you the answer you need!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular