Can I ask to be induced?

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:15 pm 
Post subject: Can I ask to be induced?
Ladies have any of u had any success when asking for an induction?
I know that being induced is not the ideal but my spd is unbearable now, I am sleeping on the sofa as I struggle too much with te stairs in my house, I am in constant agony and now that hubby has gone back to work I am really finding it hard being a mum to my 3 year old.
I went 14 days over with belle and the idea of doing the same again makes me want to burst into tears!
I have been using epo and other methods to try and prepare myself and my cervix for labour.
I have an appointment with my mw tomorrow and thought if I don't ask then I don't get!
Also if any of u have been allowed to be induced, how long did it take to book the induction?

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:38 pm 
Post subject:
Having not been induced before or going over due i have no idea, if you express your upset and pain then I cant see them letting you go over and they should agree to it.

I know its a lot easier said than done but just try to relax, it has been proven that a relaxed mother goes into labour, stress blocks certain hormones that naturally induce labour. I think thats why alot of women initially go into labout at night, when all is quiet and relaxed. I hope you dont go over but it might just be a cycle thing, like some womens periods are longer etc.

I think they are linked but not sure, my cycles used to be 21-28 days long and ava was born at 37 weeks, since ava though they are now up to 34 days long so i have a feeling i will go over due with this one :/

Not sure of the causes of going over due but try your best to relax, hope you feel better soon xx

Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:53 pm 
Post subject:
awww poor u...i have no idea whether they will let u or not? but let me know when u ask! iv got mw again next wed, day before my due date. I really want this baby to come now! It such a waiting game and i am uncomfortable i have pain in my foof area, was going to get referred to physio then it went away and now has come back! Hope we dont go over,(Harry was 9 days overdue) good luck with ur mw xx
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
hi hun. i asked to be induced because of spd and they did not even question me. I had another appointment at 38 weeks and he booked me in there and then! it all depends on the consultant and the hospital.

i personally would not be induced again because mine ended up in c-section because i did not go past 9cm and i am sure it is because i pushed it when i was not quite ready. but at the same time i know loads of people who have been induced who have been fine! its a personal choice. and with your second it is more than likely that your body with cooperate - i would phone your mdiwife as they will have to make an appointment for you with a consultant xx

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:46 pm 
Post subject:
My last mideuce wouldn't even listen to me about my spd and I wad 38 weeks before I even got physio. She left me till 42 week's. However this midwife referred Kyle at 16 week's (although I'm still wairing for an appt) and she has arranged it so I do not go overdue. I'm sure if you ask and express the pain your in she will take it into account. Fingers crossed for you Smile xx
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:30 pm 
Post subject:
I saw a consultant at 37 wks for severe asthma and SPD he wasn't going to induce me cus if i needed a c section it would be bad cus of my asthma but then i said about my SPD was really bad and he said ok we'll induce u and I got a date there and then!
I really hope baby comes soon for u I no how u feel x

[url=http://lilypie.com]

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:20 am 
Post subject:
Thanks for your replies ladies, I'm hating that I'm feeling like this, I'm always so positive and will take a lot but I am just at my wits ends now, the worst thing is when my daughter needs me in the night or wants to play with me and I can't Sad
So will I have to speak to a consultant about an induction, my midwife couldn't sort it for me?

ELP1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:13 pm 
Post subject:
i felt the same hun. didnt have lo but had spd from 15 weeks and by the end i was in so muxh pain. my mw couldnt eiter. i was under a consultant anyway so i went throuh him. mw should be able to get u an appointment though xx

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:55 pm 
Post subject:
Well ladies it's safe to say I hate my midwife lol! I sat crying my eyes out with her today, couldn't get up on the couch, was nearly doubled over in pain when I got there etc and she wouldn't do anything for me, no sweep, wouldn't even discuss induction. She has booked me in for a sweep on Monday and Wednesday so hopefully that will help but it didn't when I have five failed sweeps with my daughter.

So it looks like I will have to wait it out and rely on family to help out with my daughter.

Feeling pretty miserable Sad

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:44 pm 
Post subject:
Im lost for words, thats disgusting!

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
aww hun im sorry Sad fingers crossed she comes on her own soon Smile x
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:42 pm 
Post subject:
aw hun im so sorry Crying or Very sad really hope ur not waiting long and if she doesnt come soon that ur sweeps work Sad xx
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:56 am 
Post subject:
That's awful do u no what I'd do ring the maternity ward and say ur worried about movements they will bring u in without hesitation and whilst ur there really lay it on about ur SPD as they are the ones that got me my appointment with consultant not my midwife. I no it's telling a lie but it's only a little white lie for everyone's sache cus I'm sure ur family wants to see u feeling better and not upset and miserable.
Or jump on ur oh and really have a good time!!! Lol

[url=http://lilypie.com]

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:56 am 
Post subject:
Maybe the sweeps will work this time ? They're more likely to when its not your first as you're often slightly dilated by this stage anyway, I know SPD is awful, and it really wears you down, but its literally days to go now , I wouldn't try and push too much for an induction as a failed induction and a c section would be awful especially with a toddler to look after as well if the SPD was still playing up , but maybe after mondays sweep if it doesn't work but the midwife thinks your cervix is favourable then that might be the time to ask ? Some areas have a policy of not inducing before dates unless its an emergency so she may not have been able to book an induction before 40 weeks for you Question The sweep might even break your waters if things are already going in the right direction , FX things start happening over the weekend for you though xxx
wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:57 am 
Post subject:
Yeah for the sake is few days I am going to just try to relax and see how things go on Monday. I've got to the point where I know she will be here soon, if after my second sweep on Wednesday I feel like there is no progress etc then I will ask again.
Eugh these last few weeks are so frustrating! I wish there was just a sure sign of when your labour has started like in films etc, pop my waters have burst, boom my contractions have started. Like it ever happens like that!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular