Whats everyone's thoughts on co-sleeping?

libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:08 pm 
Post subject:
ELP1 wrote:
i didnt want to because i waa paraoid but the only place my son sleeps for more than 20 mins is on me so i caved for now but keep putting down during the day to try to get him used to it xx

We were a bit like this. I was determined not to but he only slept 3 hours in 24 and that was in two blocks so I had to do something to get some rest. It worked well in terms of teaching him about sleep

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:21 pm 
Post subject:
We've never co-slept... not because I am against it, but because first time round routine was important for me so I did night time routine / settling within weeks (I had severe PND and so my HV supported me with this as it was the best thing to do at the time). Even to this day, Evie still follows the same routine and is in bed by 7pm. It was hard and tiring at the time and very difficult to not cuddle her to sleep (despite my lack of bonding) but def worth it for me and her, and our relationship, in the long run.
Poppy is a different kettle of fish and self settled from when she was in SCBU so when we came home we stayed with her routine.

I can imagine how difficult it is, esp for ladies who BF or have colicy babies, and sleep is so important for you and baby, so whatever works for you both.

xx

sweetpea24
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:23 pm 
Post subject:
I used to be dead set against it, but for the past year DS often ends up in our bed. He settles really well there and it means I get sleep. That is the most important thing for me - my sleep, else its a nightmare, my kids suffer and I suffer. I am of course working on getting him to stay in his own bed as I don't want this situation for ever. xxx

Faerydae
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:01 pm 
Post subject:
I co-slept with Logan for his first 6 weeks because it was the only place he would settle and was easier for breast feeding, but once he would settle in his own bed I put him in it, I just didn't want to grow up with a kid who wouldn't sleep anywhere but with me, my OHs mum has only just managed to start to get his little sister to sleep in her own bed now and she's 8! Shocked
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular