When did u start ur lo's potty training

zachariahelijahmalakaimum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:09 pm 
Post subject: When did u start ur lo's potty training
I just looking at underwear for my eldest lo in age 18-24 months n realised there seems to be alot of pants on sale for him rather than popper vests, does this mean they r meant to b potty training by this age??

When did u start it wiv ur lo's

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:48 pm 
Post subject:
My two are 3 at start of Feb and still havent started! Will be getting cracking on with it once the holidays are out the way cos they start nursery on the 19th of feb which i was hoping to have them using the toilet by then.
You have plenty time to worry about it Smile x

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:48 pm 
Post subject:
I just left it until she seemed ready.. we started properly potty training when she broke up for the Christmas holidays so only just now really, shes doing really well so far. Your lo seems a bit young atm so I wouldn't worry, most kids are around 2 xx

Shellm
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
My youngest is nearly 2 1/2 and he is showing no signs at all, so I'm not even going to attempt it yet. My girls were about 2 1/2. My other son was 3years and 5 months. He wasn't interested so I told him it was time and he was done in a week. When the time is right I think it's really quick. I would certainly wait a while but do buy the undies cos you will go through loads. Little ones only have small bums anyway.

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:17 pm 
Post subject:
Charlie was nearly 3 and Lewis was 2 and 4 months Charlie had no interest in it though and would purposely wee on my floor.. Lewis as much easier as he wanted to copy Charlie and loves being naked.. He was much easier cos he let me know he wanted to use the potty x
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:19 pm 
Post subject:
Charlie was nearly 3 and Lewis was 2 and 4 months Charlie had no interest in it though and would purposely wee on my floor.. Lewis as much easier as he wanted to copy Charlie and loves being naked.. He was much easier cos he let me know he wanted to use the potty x
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:44 pm 
Post subject:
I think between the age of 2 and 3 is good. A lot of preschools prefer children to be dry before starting and I've also been told to leave boys as late as you can as apparantely they're harder to train (not sure how true that is!).

My son is slightly older and I couldn't imagine trying to potty train him yet.
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:17 pm 
Post subject:
alfie is 3 in april and still isnt trained. he shows no interest. he done a little wee on the potty this morning but then got a shock and ran off and finished in the corner Confused Confused Confused

hes still not good with his speech so cant tell me when he needs to go so im gonna hold off for a while yet x

[/url]
Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
My son was 2 and he was done almost in a week but he did show all the signs.
I wouldnt push it unless they are ready Smile
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:37 pm 
Post subject:
Also asda do 18-24mth vest x
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
Sainsburys do big vests too. As for potty training, I'm still waiting for him to show any signs! He would stay in a dirty nappy all day and wouldn't say anything so until he cares I don't know what to do. Have tried once but put him back in nappies as he didn't have a clue. I am actually really worried he will still be in nappies on his wedding day Laughing Rolling Eyes

amesymc
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:51 pm 
Post subject:
pepperpot just noticed your lo is only a day older than alfie. im glad that its not just alfie that isnt trained then. he would also happily stay in a dirty nappy all day. he sometimes does grab at his crotch but he can have a poo and just sit in it - little scruff! x

[/url]
pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:59 pm 
Post subject:
Haha yes we have 'spoken' before about speech issues! None of my friends babies are trained that are all the same age as our two so I'm not worried yet xx

amesymc
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:01 pm 
Post subject:
hows his speech going? we seem to be going two steps forward and one step back atm x

[/url]
pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:04 pm 
Post subject:
I've PM'd you Very Happy xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular