Swimwear?

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:36 pm 
Post subject: Swimwear?
We're going to Center parcs in a few weeks (will be 22 weeks) and just wondering what your opinions are about swimwear in pregnancy? A girl in work says I should embrace my bump and wear a bikini. I often wear bikinis anyway, so not unusual for me. I don't know if I'd be a bit self conscious this time though. Also a couple we are going with are having a tough time of ttc and don't know if it would rub it in their face a bit. Not sure if a normal costume would be too tight around the middle. Have seen M&S do maternity ones, but they'll probably me massive on me yet.

xx

pepperpot
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:52 pm 
Post subject:
I think you're right, if struggling to conceive its not easy seeing bumps anyway so I think putting it away would be considerate. I brought a maternity one from blooming marvellous in the sale years ago when I was pg with my first x

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:52 pm 
Post subject:
personally I try not to emphasise my bump, just because I'm self concious and have a few friends that can't have children and it must be hard for them. Why not get a swim suit that is 1 size bigger, go try a few styles on see which fit best Smile

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:24 pm 
Post subject:
Personally I don't see how wearing a costume over a bikini would be considerate, you'll have a bump either way. And I'm sure your friend would be horrified if she knew that was why you wore a costume xx
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:14 am 
Post subject:
I wore a bikini with my last and will do this time, the naked bump is the most beatiful thing ever imo xx

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:24 am 
Post subject:
I havent worn a bikini because I'm quite self conscious about my bump but I brought a tanking which still fits over my bump now, I found it easier than stretching a costume over my bump.
As far as your friend is concerned I think it's really sweet thinking about their feelings but if it were me I would notice ur bump in a costume or bikini just try not to talk about it toooooo much in frot of them etc, I don't think what u wear will make a difference to them so just aim for what is comfiest.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:23 am 
Post subject:
I'd go with whatever you feel most comfortable in, as others have said a bump is a bump whether its covered or not, I've worn a non maternity swimming costume while pregnant and just got one size bigger for later pregnancy and had no problems as they're pretty stretchy , I've seen quite a few pregnant women in tankini's and that could be good for after as well and you can get the ones with shorts style bottoms as well , my only concern with a bikini would be roll down Question as I found when pregnant as my bump got bigger the front of my underwear would often roll over on itself Rolling Eyes Laughing depends how big your bump is though Smile xx
Faerydae
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:13 pm 
Post subject:
I just got a normal full costume when I was pregnant and just bought it one size bigger and it fitted me almost all the way through (and I had a pretty big bump!)
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
I'm in a tankini or bikini when I go swimming to Samuel's swim lessons each week - I love my growing bump (which is HUGE compared to this stage last time!) but I definitely understand your feelings about your friend. I have a friend who had two mcs last year and I wear baggy clothes when I meet her so as not to rub bump in her face - so I think it's very sweet of you to consider her feelings. I would second what the other lady said about maternity tankini's - I got a lovely one in Mothercare in the sale this time last year... they just allow for extra tummy room - or else getting a cossie in a larger size is a good idea too... but to be honest - swimming costumes stretch - you might find you are not too big for a normal one Smile x

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:33 pm 
Post subject:
I just bought a normal swimsuit a couple of sizes up. I didnt really have much of a bump, but huge boobs! and that was for the last few weeks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular