12 hour fever?

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:25 pm 
Post subject: 12 hour fever?
I posted a couple of weeks ago about having a fever and aches and pains and wondering if it was flu without the cold symptoms. Well after posting that I became loads better over the following hours and haven't hada thing wrong since. I found it strange but I figured maybe it was flu but maybe I have become more immune to it.
But then last night Craig fell asleep around 4pm (he never does this) then started to get awful hot and shaky when he woke up. I gave him calpol and within a couple of hours he was back to jumping about as normal. But then I was woken at 4am to him crying. He had a fever again, this time shaking uncontrollably with the cold. I gave him a drink and some more calpol and cuddled him in his bed til he fell asleep, by which point I could feel his forehead cooling down.
Now since waking up this morning he seems fine, like nothing happened.
Is there some sort of bug that causes such a short unexplained illness? I just find it strange this has happened to both of us within a month.

Vixstar
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Jennah

There's definitely some sort of bug going round. My LO and all his friends have suffered with high fever for the last few days. It seemed to come on towards the evening and would be on and off the whole night with the help of Calpol. The next day the temperature would go back to normal and they would play all day. Then as the evening approached again, they would get a fever. This happened for about 3 days on the trot, although they did also have cold symptoms. However thsse didn't seem to bother them too much.

Very strange.

Hope this helps.

Vics
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:26 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun, he does seem to have become quite grumpy the past few hours so I don't think he's feeling himself although no more fevers. I'm always worried in case it is an infection or worse as last time liam had a fever, he ended up in hospital for 3 nights with suspected meningitis and IV antibiotics (luckily it wasn't meningitis and the anti bs he had seemed to clear whatever he had up). Think if he gets anymore hours of fever tonight I'll take him to the docs tomorrow x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular