A new toilet problem :(

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:33 pm 
Post subject: A new toilet problem :(
Well a few of you may remember my postings about the dreaded toilet training! I'm pleased to say that up to now we're doing great with the whole no nappy/pull-up situation haha, my LO has been so good....we've actually not had a single accident (TOUCH WOOD!!!) when it comes to weeing but my new problem is the pooing!!!!

I can't get her to go on the toilet, if she ha the urge she practically begs me for a pull-up and if I say no and put her on the toilet she will do everything in her power to hold it in. She's getting terrible constipation and the other day I actually gave her some laxatives in the hope she wouldn't be able to hold it but all she did was mess her knickers and get upset.

I'm just lost! She's never been great at pooing, I've had her at the docs on numerous occasions for laxatives because she has this annoying ability to hold it all in til it gets pretty hard for her to go by herself.

I've tried everything to coax her to go on the toilet if she needs a poo but she's having none of it. Anyone experienced anything similiar and how did you conquer it?

xx
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:33 pm 
Post subject:
my sister was 5 by the time she felt comfortable to go to the toilet.. my mum still had to buy her pull ups just to go for a number 2.. eventually star charts and bribery worked. xx
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:24 pm 
Post subject:
FIVE??? Shocked Shocked No chance am I having this til she's 5 haha, I'm knackered from running up and down the stairs with her every 2 mins when she needs to go.....in the end I put a pull-up on her to stop having to take her I think Embarassed

My friend mentioned star charts but I don't think they'd work, they defo didn't work when I was trying to get her dry. I thought it would be easier with the pooing side as she was telling me she needed a poo long before I started training her. Its weird but its like she doesn't know what to do if that makes sense. When she goes in her pull-up or nappy she stands up (and hides behind the curtains!) so its like she's having to learn how to poo while sitting down and doesn't seem to be able to push it out (sorry for TMI). She's actually tried to stand on the toilet seat!

Think it's obviously just a habit she has that I'm going to have to persevere with to combat it!

xx
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:00 pm 
Post subject:
I have no experiance whatsoever but this is just an idea. Have you tried just not making a fuss. When she needs a poo got to bathroom pop on the loo and read her a story, play games or sing a song?
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:48 pm 
Post subject:
Do you have books? There must be some out there for poo problems... Isabelle has Pollys Potty Book and it says in there she did a poo on the potty, and you push a button to hear "yay!"

Also do you let her watch you go? Maybe she'd start to relax knowing others can do it... Not the nicest, but worth a shot? Wink
xx

emmie02
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:15 am 
Post subject:
I was lucky with Belle she just did it.

I was just wondering if shes embarrassed about pooing. Have you tried putting her on the loo/potty and leaving the room so she can go on her own? I know sometimes Belle asks me to leave the room.

My cousin had a book called eveybody poops. (or something like that)and a friends little girl had lulus loo.

StaceyRD i also had the princess polly potty book. It did my head in after a while though Laughing

Lilly777
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:07 am 
Post subject:
I appreciate your replies girls but I'm feeling a bit more lost as everything you've suggested I'm already doing Confused

I don't make any fuss when she needs as I realised pretty quickly with the weeing that this wasn't working so when she tells me she needs a poo I simply say "lets go to the toilet then". I take her upstairs, pop her on then tell her I'm going to close the door slightly and wait outside (she tells me to wait there so I know she wants me close even tho I have walked off into a bedroom and left her for a few mins in the hopes that will make her go).

She likes to go queitly on her own, she's always hidden behind the couch or curtain to do it but she's not embarressed once she's been (we actually at my mums last night for her birthday and all the family were there and she came from behind the curtain and annouced to everyone that she'd done a poo behind nannies curtain much to the amusement of the family members who didn't realise she meant in her pull-up and not literally behind the curtain Laughing ).

And this is really disgusting but I even tried your theory Stacey and let her in with me when I went. I told her to watch how easy it was for mummy to go but she just wasn't interested.

She has issues with pooing anyway, I've had her on and off laxatives for a while now and was hoping a dose without a pull-up would help her as it would be easier to get it out once its softer but this doesn't seem to be the case either. She waits til she's bunged up and its really big and hard then she just can't get it out til the laxatives kick in again...I'm just in a viscious circle with this I think.

I know we'll get there, I'm just drained by it all to be honest! I can honestly say toilet training has been the hardest thing I've ever done!! The thought of ever having to go through this again actually puts me off having anymore kids.........and don't even get me started on geting her dry at nighttime Sad

xx
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:03 am 
Post subject:
Now I am by nooo means an expert as Oli literally did his first ever poo on the toilet yesterday so don't know if it was a fluke. But he likes me to sit down and read a story to him while he's on the loo. Think it takes his mind off it. He did freak out a bit and asked to come off (he can't get off himself yet Crying or Very sad ) but I just calmed him down and got him involved in the story and he did it. It's very common for kids to have a problem my friends boy is nearly 4 and still does it in his pants sometimes x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> One Year to Five Years All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular