Ov time

MrsZargon
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:19 am 
Post subject: Ov time
Hi everyone. I decided to use opk's for a couple of months before we head to the dr for some help as I felt sure he would ask if we had tried them and wanted to prove to myself that I did know exactly when I ov each month from pains, body changes etc. but I have a little q.

I have been testing first thing in the morning and got smiley face yesterday morning. It said on the packet to bd from smiley face to 48hrs later to maximise chances of falling pg but by last night I had ov pains and this morning feel like I have prob ov-d already (boobs feel heavier etc). We did bd last night and night before but I guess what I'm asking is could the test have picked up the surge too late to then have a 48hr window?

Ta x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:43 am 
Post subject:
Definately !
I noticed when i was using OPK's that sometimes I'd get signs of actual ov as soon as a couple of hours after a first positive , a sure sign for me was a weird burning feeling I'd get which I found out was from the fluid in the follicle irritating your abdomen I normally got it if I ov'd on the right as I have no tube there to grab the egg so the fluid would obviously be spreading about Rolling Eyes so it was a good way for me to know I really had ov'd
There are lots of reasons why you don't always get much notice from OPK's though , like the way it can take hours for your body to process the LH from your blood through your liver and into your urine , so your surge can have started many hours before you pick it up when testing,
if you only test once a day as well then your surge may have been detectable for 23hrs before you even pick it up ,so sometimes by the time you get that pos ov can have already happened Shocked
I know one time I tested first thing and got a barely there line and then went back to sleep an hour and a half later woke up and tested again on a whim and got a strong pos Shocked so if I hadn't tested again until the next morning I'd never have realised that my surge had started the day before ,
another time I tested before bed and got a half line , then was woken up in the middle of the night with the worst ov pain I've ever had and the burning sensation and got a pos first thing, after I'd already ov'd Rolling Eyes
You can get that heavy feeling in your boobs before ov actually happens though due to rising hormones , oestrogen and progesterone bith rise just before OV so its really hard to tell Question ,
but having tried many methods and stopping OPK's last year as we're not officially trying since being told it won't happen anyway that the thing thats most reliable for me is cm Question
I've noticed a direct link between clear watery cm and my OH suddenly become more frisky Rolling Eyes Laughing so he's obviously picking it up too ,and its a sure sign your oestrogen is rising which means the egg is getting closer to maturity and then when I get proper egg white cm its the same day I get my surge and I always know when ov has happened as my cm starts to go white very soon after .
When I was using the CBFM I first noticed that clear watery cm started around the same day that it told me my fertility was up to HIGH , so we'd make sure we started to BD then as its better to BD just before the surge and egg release and have those swimmers waiting and ready , for me I lost faith in OPK's as a good way to know when to BD but they were useful to reassure me that I was right with what I thought from noticing other signs Smile
Since not using them I have still known when I ov'd every month just from noting body changes and from when my AF's have arrived I've been right everytime Smile
It's good that its another thing you can say you've tried though if the GP does ask, but I know a few people on here have been told by gynae cons to forget OPK's etc. and just have sex every other day as the best method of making sure you don't miss anything Question
Just realised I could have answered your question in about one line Embarassed sorry for rambling Laughing
Good luck xx
MrsZargon
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
Wow what an amazing comprehensive answer thank you! You have literally answered every niggling thought I had so I can put all the wondering to rest. I'm glad as well as this shows that I do know my own body as well as I think I do x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Trying to Conceive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular