Smear results

youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:26 pm 
Post subject: Smear results
Urgh got to go for a coloscopy Sad anyone had one is it an ok procedure ???? And I'm so bricking it for the results !
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:34 pm 
Post subject:
I've not had one but I have had a speculum up there and the doctor said its almost the same as a smear! Uncomfortable but nothing painful unless they need to push it up further but that was only to see where I was bleeding from during pregnancy! Xx
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:13 am 
Post subject:
I've had this twice, the first time after an abnormal smear ,well after several abnormal ones actually they finally got me in after a year of abnormal 3 monthly smears, she saw an area she didn't like the look of and asked if I wanted it removed with the loop diathermy thing there and then which wasn't that bad, just a little sting from the anaesthetic but I didn't feel anything else, she asked if I wanted to watch as they have a screen right there so they can see, but I didn't want to, some women find it helps though Question
They might just take a small biopsy sample if there's anything suspicious looking ,or if its a small area then they might just ask you there and then if you want it removed, i'm glad I had it done on the day because when the results came back she'd got all the abnormal bit so i didn't need any more treatment Smile (oh and this was 95 and all my smears have been clear since, the second was was because of allergies causing skin problems, so that 15 minutes of being a little uncomfortable was well worth it )
Often though you can have an abnormal smear and there's nothing to see and your next smear will be fine , good luck xx
MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:28 am 
Post subject:
I had one and a biopsy just before I conceived Evie 4 years ago as I had CIN2 cells, so had LEETZ treatment for them.

The thought of it is scary but it really is OK... The colposcopy is simply looking at the cells, where they will stain your cervix a different colour so that they can see if there is anything abnormal to worry about, then as DL05 says, if they are concerned will do a biopsy to check if there is any changes. It doesn't hurt, just odd having someone down there looking at your bits so intently! The nurses were lovely and very reassuring.

The results of the biopsy will determine then if you need treatment (such as LEETZ / laser), which takes about 2 weeks to find out.

Good luck

xx

Flygal
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:21 pm 
Post subject:
Yes I had the same thing went for colposcopy and the doctor told me I needed it removed there and then as it was cin 3. I had the lletz thing done straight away. Again I didn't think it was painful just uncomfortable. My gynae was a star as well a really nice man. I had my follow up smear with him at the hospital and I tell you I felt nothing not like when the nurses do it all rough at the gp surgery lol! Where abouts are you going for it? The gynae that did me works in a few hospitals in the south east.
youcanhumpmyleg
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:39 pm 
Post subject:
i have it in doncaster, got to go next wednesday Sad
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:40 am 
Post subject:
Hope everything is ok hun, let us know how you get on xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular