Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:20 am 
Post subject:
Wow Helen to think in 4 weeks time you could be a mummy again Shocked Hope she waits a little longer for you though xx
Faith any symptoms are good when you're looking for reassurance aren't they, but even if you had none it's not a sign there's a problem, with 2 of my boys I had none at all and they were both fine, our bodies seem to cope differently in every pregnancy, I know no 2 of mine were exactly the same Smile xx

Well I'm definitely not pregnant, not that I thought I could be, AF arrived today, ok with it though as I was expecting it, I got being upset out of the way last week when I had the BFN and got pre AF signs before taking the Nori Rolling Eyes Laughing this will be the last cycle I make any sort of effort to track things or try and get any BD timing right and as cd14/15 which is when I tend to ov will be Christmas Eve and Christmas Day it makes things nice and easy Laughing

I've decided the New Year will be a fresh start, I turn 44 a few days later ( Shocked Sad Rolling Eyes Laughing ) and I'll be well into my level 3 by then so I just think I need to concentrate on realistic ambitions for the future.

I think I'll always be a little sad that the reversal didn't work, especially as going into it I honestly thought it would as I was so fertile before and could never have imagined almost 3 1/2 yrs later never even having had a BFP, but that's the luck of the draw I suppose Question
I'm still glad I tried. My one regret is I just wish I hadn't wasted so much time since then on what if's, as in there's no point doing a course/booking a holiday/moving house etc. because what if I get pregnant Rolling Eyes Laughing
I think that would be my one piece of advice if anyone asked me how to cope with TTC after a reversal, definitely don't put things on hold, just carry on your life as normal and make plans and do things you would have done anyway.
I'm sure starting this course 3yrs ago just after my reversal would have helped me not be such a TTC obsessed nutcase as well as I wouldn't have had the time Laughing
lisab36
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:47 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

Faith all looks great on your test lines hun x

Nat i understand everything you are saying but reading you post gave me a real ache in my heart, i agree we have to get on with our life and if it happens it is a bonus. I feel as though i have been waiting for so long, waiting to get on my feet from my fibro, at its worse for 8 years with a 3 year fight to get from totally bedbound to a reasonable fit life again, while i was doing that saving every penny for the reversal incase by miracle i did recover from fibro, no one thought i could �� now waiting for ttc to hopefully work. I had the same thoughts as you this morning i must get on with life.

Af arrived today, quite painful but at lease she is here. I have been struggling with the extra weight i gained for a few years now and af being late with negative test gave me the kick up the bum i needed. I just know that the healthy eating plan i am on is going to work this time. All because i want it to not because i feel it has to as i did before.

So feeling really positive today, and i will be charting as per this month but not on the internet for hours about baby's, af, ttc etc x
ladycake
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:13 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies, It has been so long since I have been on and I am catching with every bodies news! Congrats Faith7 that looks a clear "Definite positive" to me - well done and you were on 3rd month of cl*mid?

I have been working away and have not had the chance to even catch up as I was in the states, so we missed a month of trying, still no news our end and we only got the approval to go ahead and start clomid on the next cycle, I have been waiting for 6 months to start this so I am excited to finally get the go ahead.
We haven't had any more bloods done, I was getting so wrapped up in it all that we took time out from TTC.

SO onwards and upwards we have booked a lovely break in Jan a week sailing the med on a cruise and we can't wait.

Congrats Helen 26 weeks it won't be long now

I keep getting letters telling me I have to book in for my smear as 6 months ago it was abnormal but then when they referred me to get checked he thought it was fine. Huge baby dust to all..X
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:36 am 
Post subject:
Faith, how are you doing hun? Have you tested again? Hope all is good x Very Happy
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:10 am 
Post subject:
Aww Lisa I hope you didn't find my post depressing, I'm actually quite upbeat at the moment and have a lot to look forward to Very Happy (not enjoying getting older mind you but what can you do Rolling Eyes except a boob job and a face lift of course Question , might have to get saving for that Wink Laughing )
But like you I waited a long time for the reversal, for different reasons but it was around 8yrs for me from when I wanted it reversed (when I woke from the general and realised signing the form hadn't just been a horrible dream Rolling Eyes ) to when I actually got it done and a lot of decisions made over that time (and since)were with the idea of having the reversal and another baby in mind.
I just wish I wasn't the eternal optimist sometimes and had as my OH often says hoped for the best but planned for the worst instead ( I hate it when he's right Mad Laughing )
As then I would be so much closer to what is now my goal over the next 2-3yrs.
You've done brilliantly to get to where you have from being bed bound, and hopefully you'll do just as well with the weight loss Very Happy
I think there's a link with the weight gain and FM you know as I was either 9 stone or very close to it my whole life, never bigger than a size 10, didn't gain much while pregnant and lost it easily afterwards and I was very active and had loads of energy.
Even after having my last son I initially lost weight (over a stone in the first 2 weeks ), but by the time he was 5 months old I'd gained nearly 2 stone and it was when he was about 2 months I first noticed FM symptoms.
From what I read the poor quality sleep and lowered serotonin levels reduces metabolism and increases carb and sugar cravings and it can trigger a form of insulin resistance which makes gaining fat easier and losing it harder which does make sense as the only diet that has actually worked for me in recent years is the low GI diet which I did to lose weight before we went on holiday and that's designed for people with diabetes, I still struggled and have to do a crazy amount of exercise as well to lose weight but at least I'd get loses of 2lbs or more a week Very Happy with other low calorie healthy eating plans sometimes I wouldn't lose even a lb for weeks on end even though I would be starving Rolling Eyes and exercising as well and I'm sure my OH thought I must be cheating but at times I was having 800 calories a day and still not losing anything Rolling Eyes
So I'd recommend the low GI to anyone and it's also as a bonus supposed to help balance hormones especially oestrogen for women Smile xx
Good luck with the clomid Ladycake xx
Faith7
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:31 am 
Post subject:
Good morning ladies, thank you all for our lovely comments they mean a lot, today is my cd31 and I tested again and we got a lovely strong pink line so very happy I started to believe I am pregnant, I can't believe iam saying i!!! But for reassurance I am going to doctors in a bit for blood test so FC everything keeps going well!!

Ladycake yes this was my 3er month trying and with Clomids of 25mg a day from day 5-10,I a sure it will work for you hun all the best xxxx
DL hun I love reading you comments many times after my negatives IVF I felt like you, and I though it will ever happen for us, I so much hope that this last try will work for you, I will pray for you hun xxx

I don't have a lots of simtoms, my boo as very sore and my nipples a standing up likebullets Laughing, on cd30 I had terrible AF pain I honestly though AF was coming but they went away in the evening, and I feel a bit dizzy sometimes during the day, but that is all.
I will let you know about blood result, i don't know how long they take for the result I hope not long, I still got a digital HPT but still to scare to take it Rolling Eyes

Love to you all and baby dust xxxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:39 am 
Post subject:
It sounds like you've got enough symptoms to be going on with Faith Laughing
As Anna said the AF type pains are completely normal, your uterus starts to stretch very early on and that can cause cramping to the point where some women don't even test they're so sure AF will show, I've done it myself in the past and not tested until nearly a week after AF was due because I was so convinced it was about to show Rolling Eyes Laughing
I bet you'd get a good result on the digi now if you're getting nice strong lines on the normal tests Smile
Good luck at the docs with getting bloods done, I hope you get a lovely high number,you never know with taking the clomid you might even get a 2 for 1 deal Wink Laughing xx
Faith7
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:13 am 
Post subject:
thank you Nat, if I don't get blood result till next week I will do the digi on Sunday Smile
here is a pic with the 3 test I done
[URL=http://s942.photobucket.com/user/rosariofoster/media/IMG_2022_zpsd61f36a0.jpg.html][/UR

Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:11 pm 
Post subject:
What a lovely positive Smile congrats hun xx
lisab36
Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:21 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, those lines are looking great Faith xx

Nat, no not depressed but thought provoking, and knowing i am not on my own. I totally agree about the sleep etc because my weight has stabilised since getting my sleep as controlled as i can. I have been sticking to healthy eating but i have just had a very long chat with my dh and he has read about the gi diet and is actually impressed so is keen to get on it with me. I am truly grateful Nat because he has always struggled with his weight and usually refuses to entertain following a diet but said it is the most sensible he has read about. So only time will tell, i dont expect any of us to be models any time soon but fit and health and i would be over the moon.

Take care ladies baby dust to u all x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:52 am 
Post subject:
That was one of the things I found do good about the GI diet Lisa is that unlike the normal, low calorie or low fat type diet we could all do it together and I wasn't having to do separate meals, plus it's not really a case of denying yourself anything more finding alternative ways of cooking certain things or switching to wholemeal versions. The kids didn't even notice things had changed Laughing and my OH said he really enjoyed all the meals.
I never felt hungry while doing it and it really helped me stop getting those sugar cravings before AF, it helped my OH kick his white bread habit too Laughing
Most of the things we switched to like wholemeal pasta and brown rice we still eat anyway as they're tastier, we pretty much stuck to it completely for months after we got back from holiday and my weight stayed the same, it's only recently since some of the old bad habits (skipping meals and eating junk Embarassed Laughing ) have crept back in that it's creeping up again Rolling Eyes
As usual now the weathers getting worse I'm having more sleep issues as well which doesn't help Rolling Eyes So I need to get back on it properly asap Laughing
The exercise too, I can't claim I ever enjoyed that Laughing but it did make me feel better Smile , has to be fairly low or no impact for me so things like my cross trainer, rowing machine and swimming are ideal but I had got to the point where I could run on the treadmill Shocked Very Happy , which with the hip, knee and foot pain I used to get I never thought I would as some days just walking about hurt, my OH told me about something called HIIT training though which is really high intensity in short bursts and I found as I got fitter I could do that and not suffer too much the next day and it's great for burning off that belly fat I seem to always get these days Laughing The best thing about it though is it only takes about 20 minutes a day Thumb up
It's been so long since I've done any regular exercise now though it's gonna be like starting from the beginning again but it has to be done Rolling Eyes Laughing
Hope you see some good results with the GI xx
Faith I'd say that cd31 is about as dark as those tests will go Very Happy xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:53 am 
Post subject:
Mand what's happening with you ?
I've been keeping my eye out for an update about you and your babies as I know you were expecting them to arrive before Christmas. Hope everything's going well for you all xx
Faith7
Posted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:59 pm 
Post subject:
Hello everyone, well this morning I did my last HPT digits cb and the magic word was there Pregnant 2-3, I was so scare to do it!, I till can't believe it! I am so happy but now I am worry that is in the wright place and not an ectopic, I know I should relax and enjoy this moment but I can't help myself, today i felt a little sharp pain on my left side and I got so worry, tomorrow I should have bloods result and on Wednesday I got a GP appointment so I hope soon I can have an early scan, then I think I will relax Smile
I hope you all ok, happy Sunday to you all!

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:28 am 
Post subject:
I think it's natural to worry about an ectopic after this op, but getting that 2-3 is a good sign as often with ectopics your HCG level doesn't rise normally, and twinges of any kind are so normal as everything starts to grow and stretch even in the early weeks and a lot of women tend to get round ligament pain on just one side but of course it's worth getting checked out if it gets worse or is persistent. Did you get the bloods back ? xx

Well I should definitely be surrounded by babies again next summer, I can't remember if I said that the youngest of my 3 oldest daughters is pregnant again (did that make sense Question Laughing ) but anyway she is, she's also just been told she has PCOS so to find out she was pregnant in between having the scan to confirm that and being told she definitely has it was a bit of a (nice) shock Laughing So she's due the end of July which she's pleased about as she was pregnant when the oldest one was and due a few days after her but lost that baby.
Then at the weekend the middle one rings me to say she's just done a test and it was a really strong positive Shocked , well she wasn't trying and was pregnant in October but had some quite heavy bleeding and the docs said it was probably a m/c but wouldn't scan her, she did a digi test and it said 1-2 and based on when she first got a positive on an ordinary test it should have said at least 2-3 maybe even 3+ so she presumed she was having a proper m/c, well anyway she didn't come on after this and I'd been telling her to test again as she'd slept with this ex boyfriend since the m/c and then 2 weeks later with someone else(dozy sod thought she couldn't get pregnant again without having a period first Rolling Eyes ) and it had been over 7 weeks closer to 8 since the m/c and of course now it's come up pregnant she doesn't know if it's still the same pregnancy and she didn't miscarry or if it's a new one since then so she could be anything from 7/8 weeks to maybe 13+ Question
So she's got the docs today to ask for a scan, they should at least be able to rule out if she's 13 weeks just from examining her as I know the GP could tell I was at least 3 months at 13 +4, but if it is a new pregnancy she'll need a dating scan to know if it's the ex's who's now seeing someone else or this new bloke Rolling Eyes
She doesn't want it to be the ex's but from her saying she's been feeling a bit sick for nearly 2 weeks and when she slept with him I suspect it is, so not ideal really Confused
Honestly Jeremy Kyle could have a field day Rolling Eyes
I just wish they'd all slow down as I've still not got used to the idea of being a grandparent from the first one Shocked never mind having 6 by next summer Shocked Shocked Laughing
At least I should get a break for a while after that though as they've all 3 said they only want 2 each Laughing
ladycake
Posted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:16 am 
Post subject:
Fantastic news Faith - wow that is amazing and I am thrilled for you - what a xmas present
Baby dust to all - keep the faith...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 88 of 110

Jump to:  

Community

Popular