Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

Jillybeanz2011
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:59 pm 
Post subject:
Ladycake that doesn't sound good . Why would Mr P have left tube behind? Surely he should sort it out.... Confused
Faith7
Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:49 pm 
Post subject:
Ladycake i don't understand about leaving a piece of tube behind??? Does he meen a piece of damage tube?? I am very suprise if he did tbh, he is really good with no room for mistakes! I think! But I am sure if it was his mistake he will put it right hun. Ask your pg for a copy of the report and send it to Dr P ASAP, But hun 3 follicles sounds great and lining too, so may be this is a good month to catch your eggy, I got preggy with 25g Clomid so Good luck hun!!! FC xxxxxxx

ladycake
Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:15 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies, Thanks Faith for the sound advice! And it is good to hear that having three follicles is good unfortunately 2 are on the left hand side so they're no good but I do have a 3cm x 3 cm one on the right apparently so you never know! The lady said they are ready to burst any time as they are large! I am more concerned about the tube on the operation notes, Mr P seems quite concerned as he wants to see the report and the radiologist is on holiday (Adding to my stress) so he has been emailed the scan pictures and ladies report for him to write it up as an emergency so we have to wait until tomorrow afternoon for that. The only thing I wanted to ask was how did you feel after stopping the cl*mid? I was grand taking it no bother at all then when I stopped the aches in my abdomen are quite sore and heavy? If that makes sense? I am sure Mr P left a piece of tube not required, Im not sure why, Mandy or MR P won't elaborate until they see the report - but this scanner lady is adamant it is my left tube full of fluid and it looks in a bad way, twisted like a sausage as fat as one and distended lol! We still have the right one though for now Smile
Hope your doing ok and baby dust to the rest of the ladies on this roller coaster xx
ladycake
Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies well I got my report: Just waiting on Mr P to review tomorrow Sad

Findings:
Transvaginal imaging of the pelvis was performed.
The uterus is normal in size and contour (caesarian section scar is noted).
The cervix and endometrium appear normal (endometrial stripe thickness =8mm).
The right ovary contains a 2.8cm follicle.
The left ovary contains two follicles, measuring 3.6cm and 2.7cm in size.
There is a tubular structure in the left adnexa which contains mass fluid, the appearance of
which is most consistent with hydrosalpinx.
No pelvic free fluid is seen.
Impression: Suspected left-sided hydrosalpinx. Immediate follow up required to avoid rupture.
Faith7
Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:12 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladycake, I never had any side efect from Clomid, not during or after I took them, but I do know that large follicles can give you some pain like period or cramp pain.
Reading your report looks like you need action very quick regarding your tube, I might be wrong but if you do I am sure Dr P will get in touch ASAP and let you know.
FC everything will be ok and soon preggy Smile xxx

lisab36
Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:35 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladycake, i hope everything is sorted for you soon x Let us know how you getting on, take care x

As for me dpo 11, had af symptoms from dpo 9, cramps etc so not sure what to think. But prob just af on her way. I am due spotting tomorrow and af Friday. I dont often get alot of cramp, were as sore bbs from dpo 7 is normal for me since op. my fingers are crossed though x
ladycake
Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:26 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies Spoke with Mr P I have to have a private Laprascopy and a HSG dye test done with him cost 2,495 sterling! Next Friday as an emergency as the pain I am in...The right side was good he saved 6cm he said but on the left the part that was sealed was kinked back and stuck back to free up the fimbral end which allows the eggs through, he said he only got 2.5 cm and joined it to 2cm on the left side but left the dormant bit in there to avoid as little damage as possible. It could be my entire left tube has sealed off completely and a decision has to be made Sad We are looking at flights but this is very expensive on top of the 6k we paid on the last op and flights aren't cheap Sad
lisab36
Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:27 pm 
Post subject:
Ladycake, that's not so good. As for the money i cant even find 400 for hsg so my heart goes out to you. I hope everything works out well for you. Would you consider having the procedure closer to home with someone else? I can totally understand if you don't want to but it may save some money. Gl x
ladycake
Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:02 am 
Post subject:
Hi Lisa, we couldn't even get an HSG in Ireland there was a 6 month waiting list to see a gynaecologist privately and then 11 months - 18months to get a HSG so I couldn't wait, It is an absolute joke, thats what I do hate about living in Ireland, the lack of help when you need it. We are going to go back to MR P and hope to god he gets it right this time!! Sad Im just fed up really more money we can't afford!!
ladycake
Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 9:03 am 
Post subject:
Hi Lisa, where were you quoted for your HSG?
lisab36
Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 11:56 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, ladycake i enquired at hope fertility in Glasgow and the hsg was 400 but that does not include a consultation. However as far as i know you can book the scan and have the report sent to your gp but i think if i am going for it I will have a consultation costing 160 for the benefits for the consultants knowledge. Of course i could have the results send to Mr Pickles and pay him. It is money either way we look at it.

As for me i have decided to relax a little about it, because when i took a step back i am so worried about not being pregnant by now as op was 7 cycles ago. But it took 1 year to conceive my son 10 years ago. Lol when i say relax i am still drinking my herbal tea, both of us are on all the vitamins and as from this month using a clear blue predictor kit. And i will get the hsg after the holiday in June. What i mean is i am relaxing and not constantly panicking as i have done since the op. I hope that all make sense ladies lol x
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Tue May 20, 2014 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
Mr P referred me for a hsg at a bmi hospital closer to where I live and it costs 480 all inclusive
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:23 am 
Post subject:
Hi Ladycake, sometimes surgeons will leave a piece of tube in even though it's not connected, doesn't normally cause an issue, after all we all had the other end of our tubes left when they were cut or clipped otherwise we could never have had them rejoined during the reversal. It does sound like you have some sort of fluid build up, this might be in the rejoined tube itself, as you could have scarring at the op site and possibly have scarred over at the fimbrial end too, this means any natural fluid has nowhere to go and will build up in the tube. I know some of the IVF ladies have had tubes with hydrosalphinx removed as the fluid can be toxic to an embryo and stop it developing in the uterus. So I'd say it's worth seeing if it should be removed and you may find your chances of a successful pregnancy go up. don't worry about follicles on the 'wrong' side because a tube can move to get eggs from either ovary as long as it's long enough and not tied down by adhesions. I would speak to your GP about NHS treatment for this though as you shouldn't have to pay to have this done privately as it is a separate issue to your reversal x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:37 am 
Post subject:
Hello ladies Very Happy
Not been on here for ages.
Too many posts to read them all but lovely to see ladies are still posting.
How is everyone else?

We've not long got back from a fantastic and relaxing holiday in Florida. Did us the world of good as a couple as I have been a bit low since January and things have been fairly quiet in the bedroom department Embarassed Laughing
We more than made up for that on holiday though, unfortunately it seems to have trigger some feelings about TTC though Rolling Eyes I've been fine for months and not even thinking about the possibility or wondering if this is a symptom of something, I had even got to the point where I could lose track of my cycle Shocked and then I started to feel nauseous in the mornings the last few days we were on holiday and that set me off wondering, and of course it turned out to be nothing and AF turned up a day early and with a vengeance as well, but it seems to have made me start to think about what if's again Rolling Eyes
As in I was all set to look at booking a tummy tuck later this year to get rid of my c section overhang which I hate, and then a 'what if I got pregnant after it' thought crept in Rolling Eyes
I mean as if Shocked It will have been 4yrs since my reversal by early August with not a single BFP, and its been 19 months since I was told I won't conceive without IVF, so what are the odds it would suddenly happen spontaneously just because I have a tummy tuck Rolling Eyes Laughing
So that's where I'm at now, need to put it all out of my mind again though as my course is coming to an end soon and I have an exam tomorrow Shocked and one a week on Monday so I need to concentrate on studying Laughing
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 21, 2014 9:40 am 
Post subject:
Massive Congratulations Anna on the birth of baby Harriet Very Happy xxx
Fantastic news Pumpkin, so happy it turned out well for you with the adoption. Enjoy your little boy xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 99 of 105

Jump to:  

Community

Popular