Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

lisab36
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:03 pm 
Post subject:
I am not sure about a laparoscopy as i don't know the success rate etc of them i am waiting for my consultant to get back to me. I am not sure i want to go though an other op or try ivf. I will have to save hard which ever i choose xx
lilemm
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:37 am 
Post subject:
Hi Lisa
Can I just say please don't give up just yet, I was also told both my tubes were blocked and there was no hope of me ever conceiving, I was gutted, I went back to my consultant who did my reversal and he performed a laparoscopy and it turned out only one of my tubes were blocked, he also said my hsg results weren't as bad as they had made out! I conceived about 3 months later, my little boy is now 2 yrs old.

All I'm saying is I know how upsetting it is to be told this, but please don't give up just yet! Xxx

Sending lots and lots of baby dust to all you ladies! Xx
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:01 am 
Post subject:
Thanks lilemm, i have my consultant phoning today but i really don't know what he will offer. His secretary seems to think he will defo have a plan of action, i will just have to wait and see. But think you so much it means alot to hear it can workout for people xx
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:25 pm 
Post subject:
Lisa good luck hun... let us know what he suggests x
lisab36
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:31 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, i had a chat with Mr p and he said he has had very few ladies with completely blocked tubes. He said he would like to do a lap and die. He hopes that gives him a more clear understanding of the state of my tubes. While he is there if need be he will try to unstick what he can and he feels he is quite successful at getting a canular through. Then he will discuss his findings if they are blocked alot i have the option of more surgery to remove the scar tissue or opt for ivf. He will advise me more once lap is done. He explained he would be surprised if they were completely blocked and thought the lap would help. I am hanging on to hope. Now his secretary is calling me with costs etc. I am guessing it will be around £2500 but will wait and see. I was worried about the money but i have worked out a plan with dh. We have an open mind that this may work or ivf may be an option but at least we are not giving up yet xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:23 am 
Post subject:
Lisa that seams a lot I only paid £3000 for IVF at Birmingham women's hospital and have a frozen embryo which we plan on using soon
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:48 am 
Post subject:
Hi jakesmommy, i got £2650 for ivf not including meds at a hospital near me my worry with ivf is how it limited the attempts would be in contrast to if the lap does the trick. But i am aware neither are guaranteed, i really wish i had a cristal ball xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:46 pm 
Post subject:
Thought I'd just check in on here and see how things went Lisa, given the situation I have been in having experienced blocked tubes and going through Ivf I would pick the surgery. In regards to what Mr Pickles said after my initial lap and dye procedure the prognosis was really poor - they were completely blocked and I had fluid in them. Yet when the lovely consultant I had did the surgery they werent quite as bad as initially thought. x
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Nutty, great to hear your thoughts, especially as i have now opted for the surgery. I was spot on about the price but i am happy i am making the right choice. Just hope it works for us xx
nutty1
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:07 pm 
Post subject:
I think you're doing the right thing Smile x
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:16 pm 
Post subject:
Well lap all booked, it turns out to be on my birthday lol. Hope that's lucky but at least i will know either way. I big thank you to you ladies who talked me through this xx
Faith7
Posted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, thank you for your lovely coments xxxx
Lisa hun sorry that you going thru all that, I hope soon all get sorted and soon you get pregie xxx
Well I am back on the baby making, cd3 and on Clomids again, I hope it will happen soon but I am worry about my tubes! I consider very soon after my op last time but now is going to be almost a yea since my reversal and I wonder if my tubes still open?. The consultan that did my c- section said that my tubes looked healthy but what about if they not open I am so worry now?
Is any ladies that had more then one baby here?
Xxxxx

Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:20 am 
Post subject:
Hi Faith.. glad to hear you ready to start trying again all the best, I'm sure your tubes are fine. I only have one open tube tube Confused
lisab36
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:05 am 
Post subject:
Hi Faith, i am sure they are fine. Mr p was saying it would be unusual for his ladies tubes to be totally blocked. But if you have no luck after a few months maybe going for a hsg is an idea xx
Faith7
Posted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:47 am 
Post subject:
Thank you girls, i am glad too but some times I can't believe!!! That I am back in this boat! If you know what I mean, I keep thinking that I should of being cuddling my baby by now! I miss him so much.... But life is cruel and we need to carry on.

Lisa what exactly is an hsg and can you have it done on a NHS? Xxxxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 104 of 107

Jump to:  

Community

Popular