Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:10 pm 
Post subject:
Glad the reversal went well Very Happy
Pumkin glad things are working out well you will makea wonderful mommy and daddy Very Happy

Jane Im so sorry hun hugs to you all xxx

Afm I have group meeting next week then consent signing 2wks later Shocked If im honest ive mixed fealings about it all Cons has put me on middle dose meds and on long protucal
Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:07 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, had my reversal on Monday and am healing quite well I'm just a bit worried cause I haven't had a bowel movement yet and I'm normally very regular.. Surprised
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:56 am 
Post subject:
Jillybeanz it can be normal after any kind of abdominal surgery as they have to shift your bowels about and they can be on a go slow for a few days Rolling Eyes , try a gentle laxative just to get things moving again, once you've been once then things will probably get back to normal Smile
I was exactly the same after all my sections and the reversal and the laps , I think its pretty common and I had to take dulcolax to get things started Embarassed Laughing xx
Ohh Exciting stuff Anna Smile , I saw your post in IVF (I'm stalking Nutty Embarassed Laughing really hoping its 3rd time lucky for her )
I think it sounds like exactly how I was when I first thought about it in May 2011 Question
I went through all the thoughts of we could have a good holiday with this money and do stuff with the kids we have already etc. etc. but at the end of the day I would have done it because its also important as a family that everyone is happy including you Smile and at that point I couldn't have just given up and accepted things and been happy with that without trying at least Question
We didn't end up going for it then purely because I had apps with my reversal cons coming up and to be honest I expected him to help us more Rolling Eyes and then I had the cannulation which I expected to work Rolling Eyes and now I feel its too late even for IVF Sad , if I had my time again I would have gone for it when I first was told there was a blockage Confused , it might not have worked but at least I would have tried Question
I suppose it depends on how you're feeling in general Question , would you be happy to go back to trying naturally or would you end up feeling that you'd missed out on the best chance to have another baby Question xx
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:10 am 
Post subject:
Thanks DL you always have such excellent advice.. I thought I was feeling pretty good yesterday and didn't keep on top of the pain killers and have now woken up in the most awful pain Sad feeling very sorry for myself...
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:22 am 
Post subject:
I think not going to the loo doesn't help pain wise, plus after a couple days the bruising is at its worst, and the trapped wind too Rolling Eyes give it a couple of days and you'll feel a lot better honest Smile , moving about gets rid of the wind quicker and stops your muscles seizing up just don't over do it when you feel good or you suffer the next day xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:02 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou Nat we have decided to bite the bullet and go for it
I would only regret it if we dident . Nat your not to old
I have everything crossed for clare (nutty ) she rly does deserve it
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:05 pm 
Post subject:
NAT--- I DIDNT OV LAST MONTH AT ALL..... TOOK MY LAST DOSAGE OF CLOMID THIS MORNING!! NOT SURE WHY SHE PUT ME ON THE PERGESTERONE SO EARLY.... DONT KNOW IF I MENTIONED THAT I BEEN HAVING SOME DIZZY SPELLS FOR THE LAST 2 WKS ON MY LEFT SIDE.. WELL I WENT TO REGULAR DOCTOR AND HE HAD TO SEND ME TO AN ENT (EAR, NOSE, THROAT) SHE LOOKED INSIDE MY EAR AND I HAVE A HOLE IN MY LEFT EARDRUM.. I HAVE TO HAVE A CT SCAN DONE THIS MONDAY AND THEN GO BACK TO SEE HER FOR RESULTS.. SHE THINKS I WILL NEED SURGERY TO PUT A TUBE IN LEFT EAR.. I HOPE NOT!! I THINK THAT WILL MESS UP ME TTC.... I HAD TO MOVE MY APPT FOR MY BREAST ULTRASOUND TIL MONDAY ALSO.. I SURE HOPE ITS THE PROGESTERONE MAKING ME HAVE LUMPS......

I AM ON CD7 TODAY AND I HAVE BEEN CHECKING MY TEMP AND HE HAS BEEN AROUND 97.3... SO WHEN UR TEMP RISES THAT MEANS UR OV? I WILL START OV TESTING TOMORROW TO GET STARTED SO I DONT MISS IT!!!!!

JILLYBEANZ--- I HOPE U START FELLING BETTER... I KNOW IT TOOK ME A LONG TIME TO HAVE A BOWEL MOVEMENT. I STARTED TAKING A STOOL SOFTNER WITH A STIMULANT IN IT AND IT HELPED ALOT... AND WALK WALK WALK THAT WILL HELP WITH THE GAS BUILD UP.. I KNOW AFTER I HAD MINE I GOT UP THAT NIGHT AND WALKED AROUND AND THE NEXT DAY I MADE MYSELF WALK AROUND THE BLOCK... IT WAS A SLOW SLOW WALK BUT I DID IT... IF I LAID DOWN TO LONG I WOULD GET STFF AND MY INCISION WOULD HURT MORE......
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:21 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Shelley x I'm feeling a lot better today and have finally managed to go to the toilet Very Happy
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks Shelley x I'm feeling a lot better today and have finally managed to go to the toilet Very Happy
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:10 pm 
Post subject:
wow its gone quiet on ere hope everyone well Very Happy And had lovely weekend
Newcomer
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:27 pm 
Post subject: Sterilization reversal
Hi, my name is Hannah, this is the fist time I'm writing and trying to talk to people in a similar situation to mine, I'm 32 i had a reversal when I was 23, after my third child was born, I had my kids very young, all c section, I was in a terrible marriage, and didn't want to have anymore kids, my surgeon suggested a sterilisation as I had 3 kids by c section, I didn't think that my life would change and I will come to regret this decision. After a 10 year marriage my husband and I no longer together, I never thought I would find someone who would be interested in me let alone marry, my first marriage left me emotionally very nervous and total lack of confidence.
I bet my now husband at my best friends wedding.....we have now been together for 5 years. We went to our docs last year to get reversal and was referred to a surgeon, I didn't realise we have to go private and that it is costing £4800! Very Happy
I have found a clinic that does it cheaper £2500, I didn't understand y the significant price difference and spoke to my Gp, apparently the cheaper clinics don't have as experienced surgeons and they do use an old method where as the other surgeon is an nhs surgeon and one of the best in the region, also apparently they use state of the art technology and it is done via keyhole surgery, so recovery is very quick, if anyone has had this procedure, thoughts, comments or ideas would be most most welcome. I'm very nervous and scared, and I don't know of anyone in this situation and love to talk to ladies who are in same or similar situation. I feel like this is the missing piece of the jigsaw and we would love to have a baby, but I'm very scared about if it will work, as I had mine cut and burned so surgeon has warned me that the may be a lot of scar tissue. I'm sorry for the long message, take care and thank you for taking time to listen and reply.
Hannah. Xxxxx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:15 pm 
Post subject:
hi hannah and welcome to askbaby . i was sterilized
at 20 after my 3rd c section soon regreted it
split up with hubby .. And met somone else my reversal
was £4300 at nuffield due to the way they sterilized me cut burned and tied
they were only able save the one tube anf thts a tiny
3cm norm is 10 ... I was devastated saved so hard
but in 2010 my dreams came true i fell pregnant with
my little miracle ..

so miracles can happen .
Although ive since been trying 18mth and no joy
so due to age 36 decided go for IVF
All best Anna x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:31 am 
Post subject:
Hannah I also was sterilised after 3 sections, had mine cut and burnt, regretted it instantly and finally had a reversal 2 1/2 yrs ago, because of the damage from the burning I only had one tube after the reversal, the other was too badly damaged to repair, and within 6 months my only tube was blocked (not 100% what that blockage was ) but last october after my 3rd op since the reversal they discovered thick scar tissue at the reversal site that couldn't be removed Sad , I've never been pregnant since the reversal and have now been told IVF is the only option, I also had a few adhesions over that time which really didn't help things.
I had keyhole, there's no reason why it should cost more Question and NHS surgeons aren't always the best as often they don't get to do many of these ops unless they also have a private practise Question . I'd do some research into the surgeon and see if you can success rates (success by pregnancy not just by tubal repair )
My keyhole op only cost £2,700 ,prices can also vary from hospital to hospital even with the same surgeon as they charge more if they're more modern etc. I know I could have had mine done at one of two places by the same surgeon and one was £2,000 dearer Shocked
For £4,800 though you could get 2 full cycles of IVF at some clinics and only being 32 there's a good chance you would have embryo's to freeze as well Smile , if your doc suspects you'll have a lot of scarring then IVF might be a good option as it bypasses the tubes completely Smile
Just from my time on here I'd say its the Ladies with the clips who are under 35 that generally seem to have better success with the reversal x
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:35 am 
Post subject:
Hi Pirachen I had my reversal last week Monday and don't feel to bad Smile I used a surgeon called Dr pickles at the park bmi hospital and it cost.£3995 Smile quite a few ladies on here have used Dr pickles he is very good. Good luck
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:35 am 
Post subject:
Hi Pirachen I had my reversal last week Monday and don't feel to bad Smile I used a surgeon called Dr pickles at the park bmi hospital and it cost.£3995 Smile quite a few ladies on here have used Dr pickles he is very good. Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 14 of 110

Jump to:  

Community

Popular