Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

Piggy34
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:06 pm 
Post subject:
My scar is very small ..had my op in june 2012... this is going to sound stupid but after your op you will be fill of wind Sad
Its realy painful ...
I was in agony my consultant told me it was wind I did not believe him he told me to fart lol i was mortifide but it was ..once I started walking about approx 2 days later the pain was a lot better
Good luck hun x
ladycake
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:16 pm 
Post subject: Reversal
Hi Jellybeanz - I just read you have a bfp!!! Congrats - that gives hope to alot of us
sorry for all the questions!!
How was your initial sterilisation done? Was it tied /cut?
I was cut and cauterised then to top it off - buried so I am hoping we have something!
I am hoping it all goes well I got my original notes but no note on how much was retained or cut away!!
Anyway did you take any vitamins etc?
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
Piggy I remember that horrible wind.. its awful Sad
ladycake
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:36 pm 
Post subject: Wind
EEEKKK...not looking forward to the wind but I have just confirmed it is going ahead on Monday!! 2 night stay
any advice on what to take with me let me know
JellyBean73
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:49 pm 
Post subject:
Ladycake I was had clips when I was sterilized. Open reversal done. 5 months trying to conceive the last month didn't try at all and bam baby on the way. Next Wednesday I have my dating scan and to make sure there is a heartbeat as last week was to soon other than to see it was in the right place.

To be fair the entire process is emotionally physically exhausting so be prepared. I don't think I will be able to relax properly until the baby is born and in my arms.

Much baby dust to you all xxx
ladycake
Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:31 pm 
Post subject: Thanks for advice
Thanks JellyBean -I am expecting it to be exhausting and I am trying to shake off a cold at the moment so fingers crossed. Were flying in from Northern Ireland as well so I am not looking forward to the flight home with a two night stay. DH will be with me though Smile
I will update when it is done - much love to all and good luck with everything Smile
ladycake
Posted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:41 pm 
Post subject: Reversal Monday 10th June
Hi Ladies
Well I am all set we rang the BMI in Nottingham today and my reversal with Mr Pickles is scheduled for Monday PM - They cant tell me the operation time or where i am on the list but we have the moneys and we are praying for a wee miracle.
I wont know until he goes in laprascopically if any tubes can be saved so I am on edge thinking that when I wake up I wont have been opened - that is causing me to lose sleep at the moment but keeping my faith lol

We chose this route over the IVF as the ivf clinic were rude and not optimistic at all as my AMH low.
Me and DH started the pre pregnancy vitamins etc so hopefully in a few months we will be able to say we chose the right path.

I am hoping the WIND thing after the op wont be too painful but from reading on here it is uncomfortable.
Anyway they have wifi in the hospital so i am taking ipad with me to update this page

Love to all Smile
JellyBean73
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 am 
Post subject:
Ladycake goodluck for today and I hope Mr Pickles is able to work his magic! The staff there are all fabulous xx Very Happy
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:25 am 
Post subject:
Good luck for today ladycake Smile xx
ladycake
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:13 pm 
Post subject: Checked in at BMI
Hi ladies. Well I've arrived. The reception staff were very rude and insisted on counting cash then they said they wouldn't accept northern Irish sterling. 5k worth!!! Then they refused to check me into a room until they checked with bank that they would accept sterling!!!! Disaster
I then got admitted and was told there was an additional 350 to pay so DH ran to bank in Ireland to lodge to a card. I have now been told I'm 3rd on list between 4-5pm

It's been a horrible experience so far they are so money orientated. They had a row with me about accepting northern Irish sterling to which I told them its legal tender it's bloody sterling! They said we have a business to run like I was giving them forged notes!!

They then proceeded to tell me well at the end of the day they may be a private hospital but they had to be sure. Unbelievable!
They were so horrible I rang my husband saying I didn't want to be here. After flying in from Ireland this morning and getting a cab they further refused to perform the op without an additional 350 for tests unless I had it after giving them 5k I would be cancelled

I wouldn't recommend them at all I only hope mr Pickles has a lot more going for him then his team!!

I'm now in a room in the rufford ward dreading it all... I mean mr pickles doesn't even know if he can open me yet and if he doesn't the charge will only be 2200 so they will have to give me back 2800. They said "we want it in the bank" and I said if he can't open me I want it back in cash!!! They said well we don't guarantee that!!!! The irony!!!

I would never recommend here its private healthcare and yet they only care about money!! I have loads going through my head now wondering if he will open me or just do it for the money knowing it won't work?!!

***************** update

Okay whilst typing this Clive pickles came in and rant over!!!! He is so nice he asked if he can only save 1.5cm do I want him to proceed?? He said u can get pregnant with this little?!!

I'm 3rd on list. Fingers crossed. X ringing DH now
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:41 pm 
Post subject:
I have to say lady cake that I also found reception quite rude.. but everyone else was lovely try not to stress to much xx
Shellyrfc
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies not been on in a while. I had my reversal done on the nhs in October last year. Ive been told that the nhs wont do a follow up to see if everything is working well. So im wondering if anyone can recommend any private clinics in and around Glasgow. Would really appreciate it xx
Rachel72
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:50 pm 
Post subject:
Shellyrfc wrote:
Hi ladies not been on in a while. I had my reversal done on the nhs in October last year. Ive been told that the nhs wont do a follow up to see if everything is working well. So im wondering if anyone can recommend any private clinics in and around Glasgow. Would really appreciate it xx

Hi Hun, I had my reversal on the nhs and ALL my follow up care was also done on the nhs !!!
I had 2 HSG's and a lap & dye, clomid . So would ask again Wink
Might be worth seeing your gp or another one xxx

JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:50 pm 
Post subject:
Gd luck with reversal
Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:51 pm 
Post subject:
Hope all has gone well after you not so nice start,,, how rude!!! I've gone back to work today had op two weeks gone Saturday. Must admit most pain I've been in today... And exhausted

I would recommend peppermint for the gas works a treat

HELEN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 39 of 106

Jump to:  

Community

Popular