Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

ladycake
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:47 pm 
Post subject: Reversal
Update.... Hi ladies. The day nurses and theatre staff wonderful. Mr pickles did a laparoscopy first then opened me. He managed to save 4cm on left and 6cm on the right. He said left wasn't great but right excellent. He was chuffed I went through with it. Had an agonising night then felt sicky with the morphine pump. But my catheter is out now and my calf massagers so I'm strip washed and in my own pj's. be glad to fly home tomorrow and get home to rest. My reversal was successful so hopefully we can start Ttc next month.
I am tired and very sore but to hear that news were ecstatic xx
Love to all sorry about rant yesterday. They were so rude so be glad to get home. Xx
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:20 pm 
Post subject:
Glad to hear it was a success now to just rest. Good luck for your journey home tomorrow xx
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:23 pm 
Post subject:
Jellybean, good luck for your scan tomorrow.. keep us posted Very Happy x
Paula04
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:13 pm 
Post subject: aahhh
hi all this is the first time ive been on one of these sites and sometimes i feel so alone my partner tries his best but he doesnt have a clue how much pain it is feeling the way i do, myself and my partner has been together for 6 years i have 4 children with my last partner and i had the sterilisation done 7 years ago just weeks after my daughter was born then my husband left a few months later my partner and i have talked and talked about having the reversal but the cost is a killer but a few months i came across bmi heathcare and i got a bmi payment card with low APR i have an appointment on the 30th august cant wait eekkk just wondering if anyone else has used bmi heathcare, what the recovery time after the opp, idea of how mush time to have of work
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:49 pm 
Post subject:
Hi paula i used bmi nottingham, dr pickles he has his own website.. the recovery is not to bad. One of the ladies on here is currently in hospital having her reversal with dr pickles and another lady has just fallen pregnant after her reversal with dr pickles.. it all depends on the individual though. Good luck x
Paula04
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
i got told about £4500 all in opp test ect is that right do u know
Question
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:04 pm 
Post subject:
I paid £4795 all inclusive but the cost varies from clinic to clinic. I used dr Pickles because he has a lot of good reviews.
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:12 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry my mistake, I paid £3995 all inclusive Very Happy
Helen10
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:18 pm 
Post subject:
Great news ladycake Very Happy hope you have a speedy recovery x take it easy let dh pamper you!!

Hi Paula I'm Helen, I didn't have my reversal done through BMI but have just had it done privately two weeks gone Saturday, I had two weeks off work. One week was half term so only needed to take one week sick. Went back yesterday was in a bit of pain last night but don't seem as bad today.. Just very tired!!
My reversal was done key hole so it's less recovery time, by what I've found out there isn't as many surgeons do key hole as open surgery. Key hole is also cheaper, it cost me £2721 all in.

Good look with your appointment Paula

Helen x
Helen10
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:38 pm 
Post subject:
I think we have all felt like that.. I was certain that my consultant would tell me that he wouldn't do my reversal because my babies were all early! So when he said he would I was over the moon... Then I convinced myself that I would wake from the op to hear it hadn't worked or he couldn't repair my tubes... But I didn't all went well.
Try and stay positive I know it's hard. And I know nobody really understands what you feel unless you are in this situation x

Helen x
Paula04
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:47 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks
Paula04
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:53 am 
Post subject:
another question for you ladys im a big girl of a bmi of 35.7 and in a size 16/18 just wondering if this is a problem to have reversal and if anyone else has been in the same boat,
JellyBean73
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:42 pm 
Post subject:
Unfortunately the money side of hospital care is ugly. I paid mine 2 weeks in advance and the accounts department forgot to tell reception and I too was treated like a criminal until they could verify the payment.

But Mr Pickles & theatre staff more than made up for it.

Today I had a second scan and we found a good strong heartbeat straight away and I am now
7 weeks 3 days. Hopefully my jelly bean will continue its progress problem free.

Much baby dust & healing to all you ladies out there.

Very Happy Very Happy
shellypenton
Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:43 pm 
Post subject:
WELL LADIES I GOT MY BFP!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . I TESTED YESTERDAY AND IT WAS POSITIVE. I WENT TO DR TODAY AND I AM 4WKS AND 3 DAYS MY DUE DATE IS FEB 17TH 2014. I DO HAVE TO GO BACK FRIDAY TO DO AN ULTRASOUND JUST TO MAKE SURE ITS NOT IN MY TUBES!!! MY REVERSAL WAS MAY 25THE 2012 SO ALMOST A YEAR TO THE DATE I GOT PREGNANT!! I EVEN HAD SCHEDULED MY HSG TEDT FOR JULY 16TH SO NOW I WANT NEED THAT TEST!!! I HOPE EACH AND EVERYONE GETS THEIR BFP SOON!!!!
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:14 am 
Post subject:
Jellybean that's great news about your scan, bet your so excited!!!!

Shelly congratulations on your bfp fantastic news... I had my reversal 25th may this year so after af has been hopefully this weekend we can ttc

Exciting times!

Helen x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Page 40 of 109

Jump to:  

Community

Popular