Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

Jillybeanz2011
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:51 am 
Post subject:
Shelley! Well done hun x you must be exstatic Very Happy I am so happy for you and all these lovely bfp's are making me teary with happiness.... such wonderful happy days Very Happy xx
ladycake
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:20 am 
Post subject: Reversal Monday 10th June
Hi Girls

Flew home last night after my reversal - Gosh it was the worst walk from the plane through the terminal and home but to be honest good to be in my own bed I had the reversal done on monday 10th June with Mr pickles he was superb we went in thinking 1.5cm and to be honest I was quite shocked when he said are we to proceed at 1.5cm if it is there as there is that possibility you can achieve pregnancy with that much tube!! I said yes in desperation but when I came round the fact he had saved 6cm and 4cm was a blessing. I was cut cauterised and buried so we really thought we had no hope- so you see don't give up if you have an inkling it could be better than IVF and the right road for you.
Pain -extremely painful as every muscle in your belly cut but the pain relief provided is good and its day 3 and I am feeling less sore but more stingy and bruised. I am on anti inflammatory and codeine to assist so that is working a treat. The wind part wasnt too bad although it is still there
Incision is 4-5" and very very tidy!
I havent regretted going in for the reversal with Mr Pickles at all....Here is to ttc lol
ladycake
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:21 am 
Post subject: Reversal Monday 10th June
Hi Girls

Flew home last night after my reversal - Gosh it was the worst walk from the plane through the terminal and home but to be honest good to be in my own bed I had the reversal done on monday 10th June with Mr pickles he was superb we went in thinking 1.5cm and to be honest I was quite shocked when he said are we to proceed at 1.5cm if it is there as there is that possibility you can achieve pregnancy with that much tube!! I said yes in desperation but when I came round the fact he had saved 6cm and 4cm was a blessing. I was cut cauterised and buried so we really thought we had no hope- so you see don't give up if you have an inkling it could be better than IVF and the right road for you.
Pain -extremely painful as every muscle in your belly cut but the pain relief provided is good and its day 3 and I am feeling less sore but more stingy and bruised. I am on anti inflammatory and codeine to assist so that is working a treat. The wind part wasnt too bad although it is still there
Incision is 4-5" and very very tidy!
I havent regretted going in for the reversal with Mr Pickles at all....Here is to ttc lol
Helen10
Posted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:22 pm 
Post subject:
Glad your home lady cake make sure you get plenty of rest. Really good news about the length of tube he saved you must be so happy with the result...

When you ladies had your ops did they leave some fluid in you to stop things from sticking together? I know it's still early days really, will be three weeks on Saturday since my op, but my tummy is still really swollen.... Is this normal? I've had to wear leggings for work as I can't fasten my trousers Sad Sad it probably looks bigger as I'm only little, size 8.. I actually look about five months pregnant.

Helen
meesh31
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:26 am 
Post subject:
Morning Ladies

been a while since i was last on as working so much so hi to everyone!!

OMG a massive congrats shelly im so pleased for you!!!!

My little 1 was 1 a few weeks ago the time has gone so quick xxx

ladycake
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:36 pm 
Post subject: Day 4 after Op
Hi Ladies
Well thank god its Friday - op was on Monday and I am sore but manageable
Did my first Ovulation test today and I am fertile but not sure its a good idea to commence trying just yet although I really want to jump DH bones and hope for the best haha

Operation was more successful then we could of hoped for. It has been a tough few days but DH has been amazing. The green stocking support tights are WOWSERS very attractive lol

Hope everybody else is doing ok

I think Helen asked mentioned about the swelling - I look 5 months pregnant but changed my dressings and the scar is incredibly tidy the team in BMI nottingham were exceptional. I had a spinal and a general and that helped but the plane journey home was a nightmare

With that said I am happy with it all just want to say I am back at work taking it slow and lots of painkillers!!
ladycake
Posted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:39 pm 
Post subject: Day 4 after Op
Hi Ladies
Well thank god its Friday - op was on Monday and I am sore but manageable
Did my first Ovulation test today and I am fertile but not sure its a good idea to commence trying just yet although I really want to jump DH bones and hope for the best haha

Operation was more successful then we could of hoped for. It has been a tough few days but DH has been amazing. The green stocking support tights are WOWSERS very attractive lol

Hope everybody else is doing ok

I think Helen asked mentioned about the swelling - I look 5 months pregnant but changed my dressings and the scar is incredibly tidy the team in BMI nottingham were exceptional. I had a spinal and a general and that helped but the plane journey home was a nightmare

With that said I am happy with it all just want to say I am back at work taking it slow and lots of painkillers!!
Helen10
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:50 pm 
Post subject:
Great news that you are ovulating lady cake, that was the same with me I ovulated about five days after my op, although I wanted to get straight on with it... I felt I should give my body time to heal, as they had a bit of a carry on with one of my tubes. Anyway af arrived yesterday exactly on time, wasn't sure whether or not the op would mess up my cycle. So counting down the days until I ovulate Very Happy Very Happy

hope everyone is well

Helen
ladycake
Posted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:55 pm 
Post subject: Hormonal
Hi Ladies well day 6 after op ...feel a lot better but still sore.
Not sure about the hormones, I ripped the head off my DH starting going on about trust issues etc when he really did nothing wrong! Just don't know whats wrong with me! I dont know whether its because my lady bits have been tampered and hormones are all over the place - but it ended in a huge row and me feeling really [*@!#%*] and almost depressed. I feel worn out but i suppose 6 days after an op and being normally such an active person i feel pretty useless. I must say this forum helps but please if anybody else felt massive PMT please let me know after the op!
I feel stupid roaring at him and almost feel we have gone backwards i don't know if its the stress or just because of the op - My DH has the luxury of working with beautiful women all day every day of the week and i suppose i just feel inadequate bloated and generally down...I look heavy and generally look like [*@!#%*].Hair and face in bits, getting spotty! Maybe i'm ranting i just feel very down. Heading to bed now and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day and i get talking to my DH again as right now he doesn't want to know me!!
We have come through a lot so arguing now and falling out isn't doing me any good...I think I just haven't allowed myself proper recovery time. Im pretty much back to normal except the soreness and back at work stressed to the nines!

Anyway goodnight ladies thanks for all the advice and support over the last couple of weeks

ladycake Smile
Helen10
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:12 am 
Post subject:
Aww sorry your feeling so down ladycake your probably right it's a bit of being messed around with, going back to work so soon especially if your job is stressful. I had a big blow out too about six days after op all over nobody washing up after tea one night!! Everyone just disappeared from the table and left me to do it haha afterwards I felt guilty as dh dad been at work for 15 hours..
Probably just hormones all over the place hopefully will just settle down soon, and everything back to normal.

Keep Very Happy x it's certainly a roller coaster of emotions and we will no doubt have more to come xx
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:54 am 
Post subject:
Hi ladies Very Happy well, I'm 5 days post ov and waiting and waiting for some magic to come my way. I went and bought a clear blue fertility monitor and so have used that this cycle, so now we just wait and see.. The ttc is becoming a real chore and to be honest I hardly look forward to it (the spark seems to have gone Sad )..

Ladycake, you are super woman to be back at work.. You should be at home resting, especially in that first week! Your hormones are definitely all over the place. I remember after my reversal my boobs were killing me for a few days after and they were big and swollen.. Just try take it easy, I know it's easier said than done.

Shelley how are you feeling?

Jellybean how is your little bean doing? are you feeling pregnant?

Lots of love to everyone else xxxxx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:37 pm 
Post subject:
shellypenton wrote:
WELL LADIES I GOT MY BFP!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy . I TESTED YESTERDAY AND IT WAS POSITIVE. I WENT TO DR TODAY AND I AM 4WKS AND 3 DAYS MY DUE DATE IS FEB 17TH 2014. I DO HAVE TO GO BACK FRIDAY TO DO AN ULTRASOUND JUST TO MAKE SURE ITS NOT IN MY TUBES!!! MY REVERSAL WAS MAY 25THE 2012 SO ALMOST A YEAR TO THE DATE I GOT PREGNANT!! I EVEN HAD SCHEDULED MY HSG TEDT FOR JULY 16TH SO NOW I WANT NEED THAT TEST!!! I HOPE EACH AND EVERYONE GETS THEIR BFP SOON!!!!

Great news congratulations Shelly! xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
JellyBean73
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:19 pm 
Post subject:
Ladycake take it easy it was a good month before I felt normal again!

Shelley congrats on your BFP.

JillyBeanz I am feeling very preggie with morning sickness, water retention, awful spotty skin, crying at the drop of a hat and extreme exhaustion all of which the midwife is very happy about.
But saying all that I couldnt be happier at the moment. Very Happy
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:08 pm 
Post subject:
I missed that one Huge congratulations shelly Very Happy Very Happy H&H 9mths hun Smile
Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:32 am 
Post subject:
Hi Paula if you don't mind asking, where did you have yourreversal done? i am being planing to do my for some month but we still saving money for it Smilex
Helen10 wrote:
Great news ladycake Very Happy hope you have a speedy recovery x take it easy let dh pamper you!!

Hi Paula I'm Helen, I didn't have my reversal done through BMI but have just had it done privately two weeks gone Saturday, I had two weeks off work. One week was half term so only needed to take one week sick. Went back yesterday was in a bit of pain last night but don't seem as bad today.. Just very tired!!
My reversal was done key hole so it's less recovery time, by what I've found out there isn't as many surgeons do key hole as open surgery. Key hole is also cheaper, it cost me £2721 all in.

Good look with your appointment Paula

Helen x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 41 of 107

Jump to:  

Community

Popular