Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:11 am 
Post subject:
Don't think so Ladycake , hope you still managed to enjoy your holiday, the more you can relax the better, but it is so much easier when it just happens the first month, I was lucky enough to have that happen twice pre-sterilisation and only appreciated how lucky I was when I joined this site Smile
Hopefully you caught that egg this month Very Happy xx
lilemm
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:45 am 
Post subject:
Morning ladies

Nat hope your doing well, I keep popping on expecting to see you have your bfp, still got my fx for you though, if it happens to anyone it should happen to you, you so deserve it!!

Hi to everyone new and old, haven't been in for a while, congrats Meesh on moving and getting married, I bet your feeling stressed at the mo, but I'm sure everything will go swimmingly, how's liam doing??

Harry's a typical little boy, he's into climbing all over and just getting himself into mischief, but he is so adorable, but I defo think he will be our last, not sure I could go through all that pain again, at least we have one of our own though.

He's grown up so fast, if I knew how to put pics on this site I'd put one on for you, but I just can't seem to figure it out.

Well I hope you all have a great day, looks like it might be a good one, thinking about visiting the farm today.

Catch u all later, have a good one. Xx
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:04 am 
Post subject:
Hi Lilemm Very Happy I think everyone thinks that about having another at first and then you forget all the bad stuff and it suddenly seems like a good idea Shocked Laughing
Sounds like Harry's keeping you busy Laughing boys are usually good at that, enjoy your day out today, hopefully the weather will stay nice for you Very Happy
I have the pleasure of taking my car for its MOT Sad so I'm sure your day will be more fun than mine Rolling Eyes Laughing
You can put pics on photobucket and then select the link for forums and paste it in your post or you can get a link you put in your signature on the my forum settings page like you do for tickers, I did know properly how to do it once but I'm rubbish at describing things Laughing
I just can't actually see me ever getting that BFP now Lilemm Question
It just doesn't seem realistic somehow that it wouldn't have happened over the last 3yrs but then would suddenly happen now.
I think it would be lovely though if all the Ladies who don't have a child with their OH could get a BFP Very Happy
I'll keep trying with the stuff for tubes and egg quality for the next 2 months but then I'm stopping the active trying and if it happens one day then great and if not I'll get used to it in time (I hope Shocked Laughing ) I was actually OK with yesterdays anniversary Question Didn't really get down or think about what might have been which I sort of expected to so I think that must mean I'm closer to accepting it now Question (maybe Laughing )
Have a lovely day Very Happy xx
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:42 pm 
Post subject:
Hello girls x hope you all well Very Happy

Nat do you take dong quai the whole month or stop at some point? I must say after taking it and the dhea I do feel more "frisky" Laughing My dh is not complaining though Wink Im calender 12 so here we go,...

Baby dust to everyone xx
ladycake
Posted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:24 pm 
Post subject: Reversal
Hello Ladies well I have the most sore boobs ever!!! Last period was 21/7 but I was wondering if anybody else had sore boobs...
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:56 am 
Post subject:
Jilly Beanz I just took the Dong Quai up to ov, and the DHEA as well although I have seen women taking it all cycle, this time I took the DHEA up until I knew I'd ov'd stopped it and then started it again when I got to 10 DPO and was convinced nothing was happening Rolling Eyes Laughing It has the same effect on me Shocked the OH has got very good at fighting me off though Wink Laughing Hope it works for you xx
Lady cake I get sore boobs to some extent almost every month Rolling Eyes Laughing for me it happens from around ov until a couple of days before AF starts, sometimes it's one of my first signs I'm about to ov Rolling Eyes Laughing if you've ov'd in the last few days it's probably down to the progesterone rise from that Smile
It's also one of the ways I know when to expect AF because it goes away and they go back to normal, of course if it carries on then it could mean something else Smile Fingers crossed for you xx
aliwicks
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:03 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies Smile ,popped on to see how all you ladies are doing after reversal,especially nat and angelcake Smile thought let you know that still no baba for us after nearly 3years,clomid,tamoxifen,femara and lots of Sad months of disappointments.At present 5 days late with period pain all week and negative test today Sad .wish i could afford to go back and see if my tube is blocked would save me wondering every month.So pleased for all you ladies that have been so lucky with you bfp Very Happy ,Nat love your determination Very Happy I have looked back on posts but not sure who has all had babies that had reversal same time as us in 2010. Smile xxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:21 am 
Post subject:
I think out of our group from summer 2010 it was just Lilemm who's actually had a baby Alliwicks Question and she had to wait a while and have a laproscopy done before getting her BFP , there have been quite a few babies since and two ladies Mand and Meesh who had babies at a similar time to Lilemm but they had their op's later .
I don't know why our little 'group' didn't seem to have much luck Question Just the way things turn out sometimes I suppose Question
I'm sorry you've still had no luck Sad , have you spoken to your GP about a HSG you should really be able to get that on the NHS, even private its around £300, I looked into prices myself as it would have driven me nuts not knowing, saying that though the 'blockage' they found on the HSG and two subsequent lap and dye's was nowhere to be seen on the cannulation Question
So even the HSG and Laps can be wrong, plus being told I had 'probable' scarring after the cannulation hasn't really stopped me still hoping either they were wrong and it wasn't scarring, like they were wrong when they said the first blockage was scarring and it couldn't have been or that it could somehow go again over time Rolling Eyes Laughing so I don't know if it ever truly helps or stops you wondering what if Question
I really would push for a HSG if it's driving you nuts though as sometimes it can actually clear a mucus plug or help straighten out a tube if there is a kink Question and as its an investigation you should be able to get it on the NHS, I'd say you were thinking of IVF and wanted to know if you had a chance to conceive naturally first Smile xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:52 am 
Post subject:
Oh I forgot to say Ali that I think Angels stopped trying for now, she's going to Florida in October so doesn't want to risk a repeat of last time xx
How is everyone this morning ? All well I hope Very Happy
Well my temp dropped below the coverline this morning to 98.3F Rolling Eyes and my boobs have stopped hurting completely so I suspect AF will show today as expected Rolling Eyes looking on the bright side at least the b*tch isn't keeping me waiting I suppose Rolling Eyes Laughing my pre AF signs have been a bit random this month Question
Can only put it down to the DHEA and maybe the pregnenolone too or even the progesterone cream Question
Because I had sweets/chocolate craving after ov but not this week Question
Had PMS up until Tuesday but have been fine since and normally I'm a witch even until after AF starts Shocked Laughing had one day of clear cm on Tuesday as well but its been white since and normally its clear for 2 days or so before AF Question and my boobs were sore right up until I went to bed last night and they normally stop hurting and go back to normal about 2 days before Question Also the OH hasn't got frisky Embarassed Laughing that mans normally like a high oestrogen magnet Shocked and always gets frisky just before ov and AF but this time nothing Question Laughing and Thursday night and Friday morning I had an awful taste in my mouth it was like I'd taken an iron tablet and it was repeating on me Shocked Laughing I only realised after it happened the second time that it was like the classic 'metallic' taste a lot of pregnant women describe Shocked but I knew for sure even then I wasn't so that was very weird Rolling Eyes Laughing maybe that's down to hormones as well Rolling Eyes Laughing
At least I know to just ignore anything weird this coming cycle, as it's my last full one of really making an effort and no doubt I'll forget to take everything once I'm in college in September Laughing I thought I'd really go for it and take all the vits and anti oxidants I was taking before when we first started TTC, as well as the DHEA (just 25mg though as I've seen that described as the optimal dose for people who've had side effects before)and pregnenolone and also try and take the Serrapeptase on a completely empty stomach, I was taking it in the morning then drinking my coffee (decaff of course Wink Laughing ) right after but maybe even just the milk might count as food Question , so now I'm taking that first thing with as little water as I can manage then taking the rest of the stuff later Very Happy
Am also going to stick to not drinking as I haven't really missed it, suspect a lot of it was just habit, it's what you do isn't it open a bottle of wine on the weekend Question Laughing and really going to try and lose the rest of the weight this month I've been slacking terribly on the exercise front since coming back off holiday and ate about a tonne of chocolate last week Embarassed Sad No point eating low GI the rest of the time and then scoffing chocolate Laughing sort of defeats the point Laughing
So will really get back into the exercise and sticking strictly to the low GI this week and see how that goes Smile xx
Oh just out of interest I wondered if the Ladies who did get BFP's would mind saying if there was anything different they did that month, or anything they had just done, or not done, that they think could make a difference? Just for the benefit of the still tryer's Smile xx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:16 pm 
Post subject:
Very Happy Hello ladies... Laughing Just popped in to keep an eye on you!! (especially you Nat!!
Surprised ) Hope you are all doing ok xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
ladycake
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:10 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Ladies, Thanks for all the comments, This is the first time I have had the sore boobs but only second month of actively trying since reversal. Sorry to hear of all the disappointments on here Sad

I am also happy to see all the BFP's!! There is hope

I am going to start cl*mid on month 4 of trying Dr Pickles has advised because of my low AMH and DH sperm not the best. It really is a juggle whether to go for IVF or reversal, we tried reversal after IVF failed on first attempt I was a poor responder and then we found out that AMH low so they said go for reversal. I am hoping 6cm and 4cm tubes might help and that I dont get any blockages. Im a bit down today very bloated all the time!!! Sore boobs and bloated makes you feel pregnant but then isnt life a Bit*h when it doesnt happen Sad

Its good to check in on this daily to see other peoples stories and outcomes

Babydust to all xxxx
ladycake
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
Oh meant to ask- Does anybody know how much it costs to have a lap to check if tubes block later down the road with Mr Pickles? x
JellyBean73
Posted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:16 pm 
Post subject:
If you phone Mandy his secretary I am sure she will tell you. She has got to be one of the most helpful scretaries out there. I had my Op in the October and only concieved in the April & didnt take any lotions or potions. Just relaxed and excercised lots. Very Happy
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:29 am 
Post subject:
How old are you Ladycake ? If you're over 35 then you can get a NHS referral after trying for 6 months, that's what I did.
I was pretty lucky as well time wise, I saw the doc on Valentines day , got my first consultation in March, was given the letter with the number to ring for the HSG when AF showed and managed to get that booked for less than 2 weeks later, had that went back about 4-5 weeks later for a follow up where a Lap was agreed as the report from the HSG didn't make sense (talked about 2 tubes and 2/3rds fill when I only had one tube and a tiny stump and had been told no fill on the day Rolling Eyes Laughing )and got that booked for less than 2 weeks later Shocked Can't remember the exact date but it was in early to mid May, so only about 3 months for the whole process Smile
I know its hard to be patient after the reversal but when you think the average couple in their 20's only has a 1 in 5 chance every month and we all tend to be in our thirties or even forties then it's bound to take a while Smile , the clomid sounds like a good idea though, I wish I'd thought to ask at the beginning, and having two tubes is a bonus. I know for me bizarrely my left whole tube has scarring but the right tube stump which he did close at the reversal was open on my lap Shocked so that one didn't want to scar even when they tried to close it Rolling Eyes Laughing So even if one blocks it doesn't mean the other will Smile Oh and you only need a HSG or a Hycosy initially to check the tubes and even privately I've seen them for £300 and under, it wouldn't be Mr P doing it anyway as a radiologist or sonographer does them so you could go anywhere if the NHS say no Smile Fingers crossed this is your month Very Happy xx
Angel I didn't do anything Shocked Shocked Shocked Angel Laughing How are you getting on ? xxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:03 am 
Post subject: Trying to unblock my only tube and improve egg quality
Well the witch arrived on time Rolling Eyes Laughing
So I'm cd3 already Shocked the first half of the month seems to fly by .
So I thought I'd do an update of what I'll be taking this month Laughing I put a subject on it cos I thought it might make it show up on Google Question Question in case it works and anyone wants to try it in the future Wink Laughing
Just a bit of background for anyone reading who doesn't know me I'm now 43 have been TTC for 3yrs since a tubal reversal (august 2010) and have just one tube (left) which is supposed to be blocked with scarring at the reversal site diagnosed on Lap and hysteroscopy and tubal cannulation last October (2012) I had a previous proximal blockage, diagnosed on HSG (March 2011) Lap (May 2011) and another Lap (October 2011) but at the op in October 2012 the proximal blockage was gone Question That was a surprise as I'd been told that was also scarring but never truly believed it, before the cannulation I'd tried castor oil packs, deep tissue (self)massage serrapeptase and nattokinase and a concoction of Chinese herbals in tincture and tea form alongside every natural anti inflammatory and anti oxidant I could find, I'd also taken Noresthisterone for 3 weeks to delay my AF to get the timing better for the cannulation and this resulted in a full decidual (womb shaped)cast when I had my AF, the shape of this did seem to show a piece that could have been going into the tube as it was very thin and I did wonder if this was the 'blockage' I'd been told I had .
I did give up after being told the second blockage was certainly scar tissue as it was at the op site, but after some thinking decided if there was even a possibility it wasn't and trying the same things again could help remove it I would give it a shot Very Happy
So here goes Laughing Tubal stuff first, I'm taking :
Serrapeptase 80,000 iu enteric coated (very important) 3 tablets 3 times a day
(will continue this all month this time at this dose to try and get best possible results and try to stick to the empty stomach rule strictly )
Nattokinase 2,000 FU : 2 capsules 3 times a day

Then some stuff that might help with both :

Astaxanthin 4mg : 1-3 times a day (its an anti inflammatory and also anti oxidant)
Ginko Biloba 60 mg : once a day , helps with blood flow and is an anti oxidant
Grapeseed, Green tea and Pine bark complex(Pyconogel) 1 a day The Pyconogel stimulates your immune system to help with healing, helps with blood flow and is an anti inflammatory as well as an anti oxidant, the other two are supposed to be very good anti oxidants and green tea is supposed to help lower cholesterol
L-Argenine 500mg : 1 a day is great for blood flow and circulation, it dilates blood vessels and helps get rid of blockages, helps repair wounds and helps your body get rid of waste proteins
Selenium 200mcg 1 a day Helps tube muscles function normally and also is great for egg and sperm quality
Zinc 15mg :1 a day. Again helps muscle function and is great for cell repair (eggs and sperm )

Then stuff that's more for egg quality alone :

Alpha Lipoic acid 100mg : 1 a day repairs cells
Bog standard womens multi vit with iron : 1 a day
Co enzyme Q10 30 mg : 1 a day , needed for your cells for growth and maintenance and also an anti oxidant
DHEA 25mg : 1 a day , up to 75mg is recommended sometimes but as I get side effects like hair loss and spots etc. at that level I switched to a lower does, it's a pre cursor to natural sex hormones and it wanes with age taking supplements has been shown in studies for IVF to improve egg count, quality and also help prevent m/c's
Folic acid 400 ug : once a day to prevent neural tube defects
Kelp 200Ug : once a day for thyroid health and brain function and general well being
Pregnenolone 30mg : 1 a day , another hormone pre cursor which diminishes with age and helps in the production of natural DHEA in the body and also progesterone . ( as a side note since taking this last month I'm having a much heavier AF which for me is good as last months wasn't much over a day and I suspected I had lining issues Rolling Eyes I also had much higher post ov temps and more progesterone related symptoms although I was using progesterone cream as well )
and also but not least Laughing
Royal jelly 600mg : 1 a day, which is supposed to be great for egg quality, it's an anti inflammatory as well so good for my tube and is also good for wound healing and lowering cholesterol and is supposed to help with auto immune problems, all a bit vague on how it works but studies have shown it works so that's good enough for me Cool Laughing

I didn't take all this stuff last month but I thought I might as well throw everything at it this month Embarassed Laughing
Will also be drinking lots of grapefruit juice in the run up to ov and taking cough meds for ewcm .
Doing deep tissue massage and using my wobbler (vibration plate- no rude comments from you Angel please Wink Laughing ).
Using my stomach zapper (slendertone ab belt) as a Lady on here got pregnant after using one Shocked Laughing
Sticking strictly to my low GI diet and eating as much fruit and veg and protein as I can.
Upping my exercise again including HIIT and cardio for weight loss and walking and swimming for relaxation Smile
and am considering either acupuncture or reflexology if I can find somewhere near by Laughing
and I will be using OPK's hopefully not obsessively but I'd like to know when ov is so I can stop the DHEA
Will update if anything comes of it Very Happy

( Sorry for the huge post Ladies Embarassed but many times I've seen people say oh I tried something but not say what it was or if it worked and I know I'll forget if I don't write it down now Laughing )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Page 56 of 104

Jump to:  

Community

Popular