Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:53 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies,

Not been here for a long time. I hope you are all well. Nat I have been popping on now and then to see if you have any good news. I believe one day you will hun Very Happy

Well the adoption is in full swing! Health checks, finances, references, letter from the kids dad and we have had 4 assessments so far. Our social worker is so lovely. Andy wasn't sure about her at first but he's warming to her now, but I just felt comfortable with her straight away. We have spoke about our childhood, which was very hard for me as I had a horrific childhood from 11 till 18, but she said that will go in my favour because I can sympathise with a child who has been mistreated. We have spoken about mine and Andys relationship and how it works and our relationship with the kids, our support netwrok and our beliefs.

It's all going much faster than I thought and the social worker is now talking about when we get a child and not if we get one Very Happy

I have had some troubles with my lady bits lol Laughing I have interuterine polyps and they ahve to be removed. The doctor said it's may have been whats prevented pregnancy as they are around where a baby might implant. When they remove them we may have a better chance of getting pregnant, but I am not going to try until our child has been living with us for at least a year, or I may find I don't want to try because I am happy with our new son or daughter Very Happy

Take care and I hope and prey for some BFP's espically for Nat and Evie and Angel xxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:54 am 
Post subject:
Moring Ladies Very Happy
Wow that has come round quick Anna, hope the trigger shot went well and the best of luck for egg collection today, I hope you get loads of great eggs and they all fertilise Very Happy xxx
Great news that the adoption is progressing well Pumpkin Very Happy such a shame they didn't pick up on the polyps earlier Rolling Eyes maybe that's something reversal surgeons should look for perhaps Question Just imagine you could get to help a child with no family and then get to conceive one of your own as well so they'd have a little brother or sister that would be a brilliant outcome Very Happy Very Happy Have they given you an idea of how long it will be now ? xx
Shelly hun is it your HSG today ? Best of luck if it is, please let us know how you get on, will be keeping my fingers crossed for you xx
Well I decided to stop the DHEA and already my pre ov temps are normalising Very Happy
If we TTC this cycle and got lucky I'd be due mid may and next month mid June, very bad timing for my exams, so I'm leaning towards finishing off the full 3 months worth of Serrapeptase and the other non hormonal stuff by taking it this month and next but not BD around ov time for the next two cycles ( to be honest I'd love a break from the 2ww Rolling Eyes Laughing )then giving it a shot for a couple of months so I'd be due over the summer holidays anyway if we got lucky Smile so between courses at least and then if nothing happens then I think it's the end of the road for us Smile
We had a heart to heart the other night and although I'm not quite ready to stop hoping just yet,
practically we're in such a different situation now than 3yrs ago with less kids at home, more money, both doing courses to get better jobs, so many more prospects to do things we always wanted to do Smile that in some ways it would be better for us not to have another child right now, and maybe delay for another 2-3 yrs which is ironic Rolling Eyes but I'm also aware we don't have the option of putting it off either (well I don't Laughing )
So we're going to give it a shot and if it doesn't happen within that time frame then that's it no more trying anything and we're both decided now that IVF isn't an option we'd pursue (well not unless we did win the lottery and I didn't have to work Laughing )
Funnily enough I don't feel under any pressure (yet Laughing ) we'll just take it as it comes and see what happens Very Happy
Evie13
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:06 am 
Post subject:
Good morning ladies

Pumpkin glad they've found the polyps, like Nat sed it would be fantastiv if you help out a child in need of good parents n then fall pregnant yorself. Keepmus all updated hun. Xx Smile

Anna good luck for today n that the little eggs fertilise!! Whoo-hoo!!! Shocked Laughing

Good luck with the HSG Shelly. Xx Smile

Nat i really hope you get that surprise BFP!! Shocked Very Happy hope you do come to terms with things, i know i haven't and i won't come to terms with it unless i try everythin that i can, if ivf fails at least i know i've tried n i'll get on wiv my life n like you have sum fantastic holidays!!!! Cool Laughing fx hun. Hope you win the bloody lottery, if i win i'll send sum money for you to pay for ivf Very Happy

Good luck ladies in reaching your dreams!! Xx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:54 pm 
Post subject:
Nat they haven't said how long but we think early next year we will start the matching process and that can take six months. It would be lovely to conceive or own but I'm not concentrating on it at the moment. If it happens I will be happy but if not its ok.
shellypenton
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:23 pm 
Post subject:
MORNING LADIES!!!

NAT YES THIS IS THE DAY I GO AND IM SO NERVOUS... MY APPT IS NOT UNTIL 3:00 SO IM GOING TO WORK UNTIL I HAVE TO GO DO IT... I WILL DEF LET YALL KNOW THE RESULTS AND THANK YOU FOR THINKING ABOUT ME TODAY MEANS SO MUCH!!!!!!!

ALSO TODAY WAS MY DAUGHTER'S FIRST DAY OF COLLEGE AND I AM ONE PROUND MOMMY!!!!

OK LADIES PLEASE SEND PRAYERS MY WAY FOR GOOD RESULTS!!!!
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:34 pm 
Post subject:
That's usually when it seems to finally happen Pumpkin Laughing Have you got a date for the polyp removal ? Not too long to wait anyway before the matching process, not much longer than a pregnancy would be as well in total Smile , although the baby you get could already have been born Shocked Very Happy xx
Evie I totally know what you mean about wanting to try everything first and a part of me would love to do the IVF and see what happens, but it's not realistic at the moment financially with all the other plans we have, we both have to pay for all our courses and will have so much extra on our plates it would be very hard to find the time and emotional energy and it's not something you can do half heartedly is it Smile

I'm so pleased you're about to start your cycle though honestly I'm almost as excited for you and Anna as I would be if it was me Very Happy and I have a really good feeling for both of you it seems like all the reversal ladies in the past who went on to try IVF did get a BFP Very Happy , maybe because we're naturally a fertile bunch apart from our dodgy tubes Rolling Eyes Laughing
I sort of have (half) come to terms with it never happening now for me, I do still hope it might one day but I'm also realistic enough to know that just because sometimes women get told their tubes are blocked but then they conceive it doesn't mean it always does or will happen for me, otherwise IVF would never have needed to be invented Question xxx
Great news about the eggs Anna, you must be so pleased with 16 Very Happy I hope they all fertilise for you xx
Shelly any news about the HSG xx
shellypenton
Posted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
BAD NEWS RIGHT TUBE IS BLOCKED Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad . SAID THE DYE WENT THROUGH THE LEFT ONE.. SO I HAVE TO WAIT TIL DR CALLS AND SEE WHAT TO DO NEXT. WILL I HAVE TO HAVE SURGERY?

I'M SO SAD Crying or Very sad
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:37 am 
Post subject:
Morning ladies shelly you can still concive with one
Thank you Nat im chuffed to bits just waiting on
the call now fx its good news
Evie i can honestly say what great hospitial staff are
amazing we had Donna looking after me lovely lady
not long untill u start
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:51 am 
Post subject:
Shelly as Anna said you can still conceive with one working tube, some Ladies only have one tube right from the start after the reversal and still get BFP's, in theory either tube can pick up an egg from either ovary so as long as the open tube gets to the egg first then you can still fertilise that egg, of course some months the blocked tube might grab the egg so then it couldn't be fertilised Rolling Eyes which makes it affect your overall fertility slightly more (as in it could just take a bit longer to get that BFP because you have to wait for a month when the left tube grabs the egg)than if it had been removed completely Confused but the clomid could help with that perhaps, if it makes you ov on both sides then your left tube has a good chance of getting an egg Very Happy
You could maybe choose to have the cannulation, to try and unblock the right one, but it works best for blockages at the uterus, if the blockage is scarring at the reversal site it might be better to leave it alone, as any extra ops can create more scarring and cause internal adhesions which might then affect other areas Question
I know its very disappointing to not have 2 working tubes but there are a lot of Ladies on here who only have one tube that works for various reasons and have still had babies so don't give up hope Smile xxx
Anna best of luck for when you get the call, fingers crossed they all fertilised Very Happy Looks like you should have some to freeze as well now doesn't it ? xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:45 am 
Post subject:
Morning Ladies well had the call and we have 11 fertilized on there own
She said they are very pleased Smile Transfer is provisional for 12pm thurs but she thinks it will more than likely be sat Smile

So that's one hurdle out the way just hope everything else works out fine Smile
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:35 am 
Post subject:
Great News Anna, I've just read an interesting study that showed your best chance (statistically) for a baby with IVF seems to happen when around 15 eggs are collected Very Happy they think that is the 'magic' number if you like because it means you haven't been over stimulated which can result in loads of poorer quality eggs and OHSS which can affect implantation chances but you should have enough fertilise to be able to pick and choose the best for transfer and they discovered from studying data from over 400,000 women undergoing cycles in the UK that the birth rate for women who had around 15 retrieved was 40 % from a single attempt Very Happy
Looks like you're right in the best chance bracket there Very Happy
Must seem strange already being in the 2 week wait so to speak but knowing your future baby is snuggled up in a petri dish Shocked Fingers crossed you get lots going to blast Very Happy xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:18 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you Nat Smile Not rly thought of it like that does seem bit weird when you put it like that Smile Just hope there alright between now and transfer day Smile
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:56 pm 
Post subject:
With 11 fertilised Anna you have to be in with a great chance of getting some good blasts Smile will be keeping my fingers crossed for you all week Smile xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:37 pm 
Post subject:
Am having one of those Aaarggh Expletive eeek days again Rolling Eyes
Am so torn about if I want to carry on putting my all into trying to unblock my tube with the Serrapeptase and Natto Rolling Eyes one minute I'm thinking I should stop and the next I'm looking up costs of HSG's to see if I can afford to have it checked in a couple of months and see if the enzymes have helped so I know if it's worth carrying on Embarassed Laughing Rolling Eyes
I'm sure it's something to do with an oestrogen rise Rolling Eyes stupid Expletive oestrogen Twisted Evil as I often seem to get like this a few days before ov Confused and I did temp this morning and it was the lowest its been so far all cycle so I suspect ov is 4-5 days away Question
Won't fit well with my plan for no BD as that means it will be the weekend Shocked and the OH is always friskier when he's not in work Rolling Eyes might have to get a big stick to fight him off Wink Laughing
I suppose part of it is thinking I tried this before and it didn't work but then I don't know if maybe it did Question and was shrinking the scar tissue after all I didn't try it for months before the cannulation, just a few weeks (will have to look back and see if I can tell how long I did try it for as I really can't remember properly Embarassed Laughing )
Trouble is with most things I try they tend to be on a whim Embarassed and I'll suddenly decide on about cd 3-5 when I've finally stopped sulking about AF showing and suddenly become convinced that this cycle will be different that I need to try something new Embarassed Laughing
So that happens normally until ov when I stop it and get through the 2 ww just to be disappointed and decide whatever I tried must be cr*p Rolling Eyes Laughing so I give up again Embarassed Laughing
So I suppose it makes sense to give it a proper shot Question
It's only been about 5 weeks now and I have read it can take anything up to 6-9 months to really work properly Shocked Laughing although I have read of a Lady who took it for 5 1/2 weeks before a repeat HSG and had one side open and the other slow spill Shocked Very Happy unfortunately there were no updates after that to say if she got pregnant Question But found another who got a BFP about 8 weeks after starting on Serrapeptase and some other stuff (most of which I'm taking Laughing ) and was chuffed to bits to find a success story until I read on to find out it was ectopic Sad I think that was always one of my fears with trying to unblock this tube that by TTC while doing it I could risk having a partial unblocking and an ectopic Confused
I think that's partly why I was thinking about not trying for the next 2 months as well as the obvious timing issues with my course, but what are the odds really of me getting to ov time and then not BD giggle Laughing however much I try and kid myself that I have that much willpower Shocked Laughing
That woman had 2 tubes so still had one left but I only have the one anyway so an ectopic would be the end of the road Confused , but then again not trying at all would have the same outcome (as in no baby Question )
So I suppose overall it's got to be worth the risk Question
Plus if we are going to have another I want it to be soon, not a surprise one day when the scarring shrinks and I'm 48 or something and think its the menopause Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing
Sorry for the rambling Embarassed just had to get that out before my head burst Embarassed Laughing
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:39 pm 
Post subject:
Well I just spotted one of my old posts from Jan on google Laughing and I only took the Serrapeptase from around mid-late August before the cannulation which was on 23/10/12 so maybe 8 weeks max Question
So if it did help clear the proximal blockage it did it quite quickly Question
I wasn't taking the Natto then either, I tried that at the end of Jan and suspect I gave up after one cycle that time Embarassed will have to see if I can find out from old posts Laughing ...........
Well that took some doing Shocked but found posts from Jan onwards and I did take the Serra and the Natto then for 3 cycles Confused and it obviously didn't work Confused But from what I've written I wasn't taking the dose I am now Question , but a smaller dose of both, so after initially being deflated I've decided it's still worth giving it a shot at this higher dose Question
What I did notice though was that I was having weird cycles then either short or longer than normal with some weird temps thrown in and my pre AF signs weren't always showing up even then Question Don't know what that means but at least it gives me an idea of how long it's been happening for Question
Also I noticed that I mentioned my belly button scar had reacted to taking the serrapeptase by itching then bleeding then scabbing (sorry Embarassed ) and then seeming to heal but better than it was and the same thing happened this time but a few times over I'd completely forgotten it happened last time as well Shocked Laughing so I suppose that's an indicator that it does actually have an effect Very Happy that scar in general is looking pretty good at the moment, much smaller thinner and flatter and that's from around the same time I was first told I had a blockage Question So if the Serra/Natto can help with that maybe it can do something with the internal scar but I might just need the higher strength for longer Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 59 of 105

Jump to:  

Community

Popular