Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

Jillybeanz2011
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:37 am 
Post subject:
Faith I'm having open surgery,Dr Pickles has got such excellent reviews and quite a few ladies on here have used him and have got pregnant. He has his own website Smile the success all depends on how you were sterilized in the first place.. its taken me 3 years of researching Ivf and reversal and I almost chose Ivf even went for consultation to become a egg donor and got accepted but have chosen the reversal route... good luck
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:45 am 
Post subject:
Evie13 wrote:
Whoo-hoo!! I passed the drivin assessment wiv flyin colours!!!

Nat fx hun that everythin is ok?!? Keep us posted! Xx

Very Happy Very Happy well done xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:53 am 
Post subject: Re: Hello
Faith7 wrote:
Hi ladies I am new here, I am 39 years old with 3 lovely kids from my previous marriage after my last one I had the sterilization done (which I regret so much Sad ). Now got my life back and married again we so much want a baby so my only way is to have the reversal done!, we did had 2 IVF but both times we had BFN even that we had great cycles with great embryos but for some reason they didn't implant. I am book for the 28 of Feb to have the reversal done but we just had the total to pay before the Op and is far much more than what we were told first £5300 Shocked Crying or Very sad I will like to ask you if anyone can tell me about a cheaper place or doctor to go as we don't have so much and will mean that I will have to wait longer time to save the money to do it! Crying or Very sad , Thank you in advance Smile xxx

Hiya Faith
So sorry the IVF didnt work for you hun, Sad that must have been hard.. £5300 seems alot
to pay, and they shouldn`t have put the price up once they agreed it.. I went to Nuffield and paid £3700 in 2010 that included a 2 night stay and an hsg if I wanted one and I thought that was expensive.. Rolling Eyes some ladies paid £2700 in Doncaster.
where is it you are booked to go?? also have you had your bloods/hormone levels checked to see if you are ovulating etc.. and also a SA test for your OH may be worth having done, all these tests can be done on NHS but you need to get your consultant to write to your GP.. I would definately shop around.. try Spire BMI and Nuffield.. xx
Faith7
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:24 pm 
Post subject:
Hello ladies thank you so much for your help here is really overwhelming, Angelcare ye IVF was very hard a roller-coaster that I don’t ever want be on again but i don’t regret it, on my last one we had 2 top embryos put back and we really thought that that was it! But they didn’t implant for some reason Sad DL05 I am in west midlands and I went to Birmingham BMI private Hosp for the first IVF and the second at Birmingham Woman’s hospital (Private patience) and for the Op I have to go back to BMI where I had the first IVF.
I did had all my test done and yes I do ovulate normal and hubby swimmers are great Wink but my eggs are getting a bit old and fewer, also I was sterilize by clips and i did have a laparoscopy where they look at my tubes and apparently they said they look in great condition and the clips are in the right place.
Tomorrow I will start contacting other clinics and Drs and ask for new prices and see if we can save some money Smile
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:48 pm 
Post subject:
Smile All sounds good hun..
but they maybe need to look at something to make the egg implant..
hope you can get it cheaper xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:09 pm 
Post subject:
faith im due to start IVF in June at womems Birmingham
Have group meeting end of the mth
then make app for consent signing
Can you tell me a little about your experience with the hospital ect
Good luck hun
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:37 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Quinny, the Hospital was ok and the consultant as well, she was the same one I had on the BMI with my first IVF but i went to the Woman’s only coz it was a bit cheaper but TBH not much, I didn't need to have bloods or any test done there coz i had it done before and the Dr pull everything across Very Happy , I didn’t like that my scans some times was taken by different nurses and Dr Question i prefer have the same one, and on the day of EC the rush me so much to go home and the forgot to take my needle of my hand where I had the drip so service not to happy Sad but I do know that they have the laters Lab and one of the best of the UK Very Happy and the Head dr there which it was my Dr she is one of the best to so you will be in good hands, they are so busy there that i think that is why not much time for close personal touch and in that moments we need that a lot Wink. Hope that you soon get your BFP. Very Happy
Are you going for IVF or IUI ?
xx
meesh31
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:36 am 
Post subject:
Morning Ladies

Hope your all well Smile

Faith i had reversal in in 2011 and got pregnant 5 month later i had it done in bmi bolton it was around £2,500 with Dr Broom xxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:29 am 
Post subject:
Faith did you have two full attempts at IVF then ? Did you not get any embryo's to freeze ? As Angel said it might be worth asking the reversal surgeon about something to give you a boost or maybe reseach DHEA as that can help with egg quality Smile
I'd definately try and find a surgeon who's had success though,even if it means travelling and your OH maybe staying at a local B&B overnight Question I know everyones different so it can't be predicted but it sounds like you have a good chance if you just had one set of clips and its great that you already now that going in Smile xx
How is everyone this morning Smile Hope your weathers better than it is here Shocked Well AF finally arrived this morning Rolling Eyes i'm actually relieved to be honest Shocked Laughing , as I had some left side pain yesterday , a sort of sharp cramping that didn't feel like ovary pain and I had it all day and it woke me up last night ,I've still got it this morning as well, was getting a bit worried yesterday after reading quite a few stories of women who had negative tests but had ectopics Shocked got me thinking how it would be just my luck to get that tube open just enough for a sperm to squeeze past but not an egg Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing anyway looks like it might have been the corpus luteums last gasps after all (I think I ov'd on the left for once) bit weird having a 16 day luteal phase mind you Question But maybe that was just because of starting the dong quai later and maybe getting one really good egg Question
Strange not getting any warning before AF though , I like having those 2-3 days of knowing the witch is on her way Rolling Eyes Laughing one good side to that is I haven't eaten junk this month and don't seem to have gained any weight today normally the scales shoot up about 5-7lbs the first few days of AF Shocked Laughing

Jillybeanz could you not still do the egg donor IVF after the reversal Question Hedge your bets so to speak Laughing Sorry can't remember how old you said you were and if you'd have time but I'd be tempted to give it a go if you get to 6 months with no BFP Smile
xx
Faith7
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:27 am 
Post subject:
Meesh wow!!!!! great news congratulations on your baby Hun!!! I will fefo give them a ring today:)
DL05, yes hun I did had 2 full atemp of IVF but no eggs to freeze (is not that simple at my age 39 Crying or Very sad )On the first go I only had 10 folicles and 3 eggs were collected and 2 fertilize so I had 2 embrios back, on the 2nd go I was taking DHEA and I had 18 folicles, 7 eggs colected and 100% fertilisasion, I had 2 top quality embryos back but hey didn't implant Sad The drs Dr said it was not reason it was just bad luck really They think that the OP is my best chance cos they said that I do ovulate fine and still produce eggs no the best but they are there and we do got great fertilassation the only problem is implantation but she think the more we try the biger the chances so i can't spend more mony in IVF so by having the op means that we can try every month Very Happy wile we have fun Laughing
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:17 am 
Post subject:
Yeah i know Faith I was 40 when I had the reversal and was put off IVF by the cons who said the chances of it working were about 4% Shocked and it was very unlikely to get enough to freeze at my age .
I wish I hadn't listened to him though as my test results were good and even last October when I was 42 and had the cannulation I was early in my cycle and they said I had loads of antral follicles Shocked and she said if I did want to go for IVF at that point I had a good chance of getting a fair number of eggs Smile but the quality might be an issue because of my age Rolling Eyes seems like its different for everyone Question
Of course by then we'd ruled it out after spending on the reversal and it not working Rolling Eyes
I've heard good things about the DHEA though with IVF even in women in their early forties Smile
Clomid might help you as well as then you might get two eggs from each batch every month rather than one Smile
Did they suggest anything to help with implantation Question Thats one of those things you wouldn't even know was an issue unless you had IVF isn't it , on a normal cycle you don't have a clue if the eggs even fertilised Rolling Eyes Laughing
I think thats the worst bit about trying naturally you never have a clue whats going on in there Laughing
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:13 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou faith im having IVF did ask about IUI but they
said no due to only having one tube of 3cm

Can you rember the price at priory as did think about
going there . At the BWH we have been given odds of one in four
will fall pregnant . Nat glad all is ok hun
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
HI Dl05 yea the Dr that I was seeing said I should go on Clomid for a better chance and also i will take DHEA like I took before but I want to try to forget a little about it if I can Laughing After IVF the feeling is very diferent like if I had enough but we do want a baby so badly Sad
Quinny sory that i wasn't a bit more positive about BWH but I want it to be honest, I can't remember the exact figures but I think in the end the diferents was about £300 and if I have to do it again I would of defo go to BMI, no rush or fuss there much more of a peronal touch and very nice staff Smile

Meesh I phone the BMI in Bolton today and yes much better price there Very Happy I got an Appoiment for the 12 March with Dr Broome Smile so I am thinking to have my Op by the end of may before school holidays Smile
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:35 pm 
Post subject:
Thankyou faith and not at all im glad you said
We did contact call centre for the priory but no one as of yet
has got bk to us ... glad you sorted a cheaper consultant out
rly does pay to shop about x
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:19 am 
Post subject:
Its off putting that isn't it Anna when they don't get back to you quickly , but sometimes the admin side of things can be a bit hit and miss but the treatment can be brilliant Question
A few of the IVF Ladies have been having issues with their private clinics at the moment as well ,I know Nutty's froze her embryo's in batches rather than ones and two's as she'd expected them to, so that might be something to ask about as well , as it limits your options for FET's Question xx
Faith I know what you mean about wanting to relax Smile , only thing I would say after the reversal is that you can get scarring and it can happen sooner than you think, my left (only)tube was completely blocked by something by about 6 months after the Op Confused It wasn't something I was expecting as my cons really played it down, but most of the Ladies on here seem to have had at least one blocked tube when they had tests done Question
So it might be worth getting in lots of relaxing between now and May and then taking the clomid Wink Laughing Glad you found a better price , wish I'd gone with them now xx

I didn't realise how scared I was about an ectopic until the weekend Shocked I know its a risk with trying to unblock the tube, that it might just partially unblock Confused
I would be devastated if I did have one and lost the tube as well, but on the otherhand the only alternative is to not try at all Confused and now I've started it might already be partially unblocked Question
So after thinking about it i'm carrying on with the enzymes , i'm going to up the dose as well , back to what I was taking before as that seemed to be helping reduce the scarring quicker Smile and maybe look at having a HSG in 3 months or so , to see if there's been any effect Question
If not then thats me done, i'm out of ideas Question Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 9 of 105

Jump to:  

Community

Popular