Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:13 am 
Post subject:
Yep looks like we manchester/Lancashire lot spoke too soon Shocked woke up to thick snow this morning and the local council which is obviously run by geniuses didn't grit last night so the roads are terrible and the schools are closed Rolling Eyes not that I mind too much as I don't have to go out Very Happy but its not good for people getting to work , My OH nearly had a bump this morning Shocked
Evie hun, glad to hear things are moving with the IVF Clap hope you can get started on that soon Very Happy there are a few ladies in the IVF section at the moment who could give you answers to any questions that might come up Smile and of course we're all here for you too xxx
I've given myself a talking to and am feeling better today Laughing I only started all the stuff just over a week before Ov so i can't expect anything that quickly so I've calmed down a bit now Embarassed Laughing so i'm seeing this month as a trial run and hopefully by next cyle the enzymes might have had a chance to do something Question Laughing
Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:38 pm 
Post subject:
Ladies just wanna update you on the adoption situation. I have called them as I have been off clomid 6 months and they said they will send out an appointment for a social worker to visit to start the ball rolling. OMG I am so excited!!!

Hope everyone is well. Hope there are lots of BFP's this year xxxxx

Me-36
OH-33

Reversal op 04/08/2011
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:14 am 
Post subject:
Ohhh exciting stuff Pumpkin Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Did they tell you that you can adopt out of area as well ? I always thought you had to go with your local authority but saw a news report the other day saying some areas have more children waiting than others and you can apply to any of them Question
Not sure how it all works mind you but it could cut your waiting times down maybe , Wishing you the best of luck for when you see the Social Worker xxxxx
Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:03 am 
Post subject:
Yeah we can adopt out of the area and they have recommended that we go to open evening of other authorities. But our LA has been awarded outstanding for the past few years for adoption and I have heard nothing but good things. They have also told us not to go on websites like be my parent because they match us with a child by getting to know our personality, lifestyle and beliefs. That way we get the perfect match. I am so bloody nervous and excited at the same time. We have just started re decorating, so we have no stair carpet as the stairs are being varnished, and we're still waiting for the bathroom floor to be fitted. Just a bit worried they will think the house is a mess.

How are you hun?

Me-36
OH-33

Reversal op 04/08/2011
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:07 am 
Post subject:
I'm not bad , trying a few new things so thats keeping me occupied, along with trying to finish my course ready for my exams eeek not taken an exam in decades Shocked Laughing so that should be fun Laughing
I wouldn't worry about the Social workers vist, I'd just tell her its home improvements thats a good thing surely Question , i'm sure she'll see what great parents you'll be anyway and thats what matters Very Happy xx
Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:10 am 
Post subject:
Exams are nerve wracking!! I remember doing mine and I shook the whole way through lol But I passed as I know you will hun xxxxx Good luck xxxx

The home improvements are because of the adoption so yeah I guess it will be a good thing Smile

Me-36
OH-33

Reversal op 04/08/2011
JANEYLOU
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:27 am 
Post subject:
happy birthday hun Smile
have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxx

tubal reversal april 08
it worked!!!! i had 2 beautiful reversal babies
Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:42 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Jane. I have been up since 7 lol but got nothing to do because I cleaned the house top to bottom yesterday. I am actually bored out of my mind lol Got cards off the kids, the two eldest are getting my gifts when they get paid lol and the youngest got me tulips and a new make up bag Smile Andy is yet to get up but has a surprise day planned for us. Going to get my nails done before though as I want to be pampered Smile

Me-36
OH-33

Reversal op 04/08/2011
Salad40
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:40 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies, I've not posted for a week, it's my 3 rd month trying after reversal, been on as early as 3 days for the last 2. due on today but still nothing, keep telling myself I'm going to have my period, boobs are really sore, funny as before my reversal i never has signs i was about to get my period, but i have now, trying to let myself in and trying not to get excited, will keep you posted, cross your fingers for me x Question
gardenfairy
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:11 pm 
Post subject:
"nice to meet you too hun
i had a reversal hun
i had Ethan in 2009
i then got pregnant again but lost him at 19 weeks
i then went on to have Elise in 2012
if theres anything i can help you with just ask hun xxxxxxxx

forgot to say i had my reversal in april 2008 and got pregnant in jan 2009
i was 39 when i had Ethan xxxxxxxxxxxx"

Sorry not sure how to do that speach bubble thing lol Thanks for reply, congratulations for your two reversal babies Smile, so sorry to hear of your loss x x
It gives us ladies in late30/40s hope it CAN happen and its great to be able to talk to ladies who have been there xxc
OOOOOOOOOOO Salad figers crossed its a BFP hun, keep us posted..
Hi everyone and hope your doing well??
Loveand luck Kerry
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:04 pm 
Post subject:
Fingers crossed for you Salad xx A lot of women find their cycles change after the reversal, and they suddenly feel more symptoms every month Question
Could be partly because you're more concious of it all but also having the reversal can improve the blood flow to the ovaries as the ateries that supply them run along side the tubes and also feed them so the op itself can sort of perk up your ovaries Shocked Laughing especially if things were a bit twisted in there , that in turn can give your hormone levels a boost Smile
I know after 8yrs of being regular as clockwork at 30/31 days with only PMT for a couple of days before, my cycles went crazy and could be anything from 28-36 days and some months I had every symptom going Shocked at my reversal though my surgeon found my left ovary was all twisted in the two bits of my left tube and I've found out since that could have been suppressing things a bit Question

I hope its all a good sign for you xx
How did it go with the GP Kerry ? xx
Aww Happy Birthday Pumpkin Very Happy Hope you had a great day out with Andy, I've not got Facebook anymore, too many people having babies and stuff on there and I couldn't cope with it all after my last Op , so I didn't realise it was your Birthday xxx
Still only got a partial temp rise this morning same as yesterday Question
I forgot what i get like with this TTC thing Embarassed Rolling Eyes
I'm almost 100% sure I ov'd Friday night/Saturday , so I'd like to see a better temp rise, but sometimes before I've noticed this and I'll get temp peaks at different times of the day Question
I've been having hot flushes at night anyway and heartburn and my boobs are a little sore and trying to escape my bra's so I know I've ov'd Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing All I can do now is wait and not get my hopes up Shocked eeek Laughing
January is supposed to be one of the best months for BFP's anyway so FX there are some on here Very Happy
shellypenton
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:37 pm 
Post subject:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUMPKIN!!!!! HOPE U HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY!!!!

HOW ARE THE OTHER LADIES FEELING TODAY?

WELL AF STARTED FRIDAY AND ENDED SUNDAY NIGHT!! VERY SHORT CYCLE BUT VERY HEAVY GUESS IT WAS DUE TO I WAS 10 DAYS LATE.... TOOK MY 2ND ROUND OF CLOMID SUNDAY MORNING.. SORRY FOR BEING GROSS ON THIS....NEED SOME ADVICE.... WHEN I WIPED YESTERDAY I NOTICE MY MUCUS WAS EGG WHITE. I DIDNT HAVE ANY OV TESTING STRIPS BECAUSE I RAN OUT AND WAS GOING TO GET SOME ANY DAY NOW.. SO I BD JUST TO MAKE SURE.. CAN U OV EARLY LIKE THAT AND RIGHT AFTER UR CYCLE?
IM ON DAY 3 OF CLOMID. RT SIDE PAIN LIKE OV PAIN. DONT KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY BODY... I ALSO FOUND THIS STUFF CALLED PRE SEED AND IT STATES ITS SUPPOSE TO HELP CONCIEVE ANDBODY TRIED IT BEFORE? I WILL TRY ANYTHING Laughing Laughing Laughing

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS MONTH IS ALOMOST OVER WITH!! I WILL BE 38 IN 2 WEEKS AND IM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT!!!! SO HOPING FOR A BFP FOR MY BIRTHDAY FINGERS CROSSED....

HOPE U LADIES HAVE A GREAT DAY....LATER[/b]
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
Darn it, got my hopes up and I'm not, that will teach me to get ahead of myself, does anyone else feel so let down when you get your period?, all you can think about is how long it is before your fertility window appears again!!!!! BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD Mad
Salad40
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:56 pm 
Post subject:
Me again, been reading through a few posts about clomid, is this something I can go to my doctor and ask for, it's only been 3 months TTC, but a few people seem to have taken this, help??? What is it and why and when does doc give it you x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:32 am 
Post subject:
Shelly as the clomid boosts oestrogen levels and its the oestrogen that makes you have the fertile cm then a lot of women will notice cm changes while taking it , soy is the same , a lot of women find their ovaries twinge a lot more as well while taking it , I think about the earliest you can ov is around cd 7-8 Question
I know the process starts before each cycle begins and the follicles are already partly grown (thats why they can do an antral follicle count at the beginning of a cycle) normally it takes 5-8 days to get to the point where the others die off and there's just one or maybe two main follicles and then 6-7 more days from there until the main one is ready to pop , but thats on an unmedicated cycle , with clomid it can be quicker, and some docs say about 5 days after taking the last pill BUT a lot of women on here taking it found they didn't ov early and some even ov'd a few days late Question
(when I had my last op on cd9 I had lots of smallish follicles still and no larger lead follicle but I ov'd 5 days later so the timing can't really be predicted Question )
You might find you get all this ewcm and twinges while actually taking the clomid and then after taking it up until you do ov things settle down again Question I'd always say BD just in case though Laughing , especially as this month after taking the dong quai I had ewcm last thursday and friday (cd 10 and 11 Shocked ) was sure it couldn't really be ov so early on Question but sure enough Saturday i had the bloating ,headache and low backache that for me signals ov some months and sunday my cp was definately closed Shocked Shocked Laughing so the latest I ov'd was cd 12 Shocked which has never happened before no matter what I took Laughing so I'd say however unlikely it seems go for it anyway Laughing
Oh and the pre seed , yep I've tried it and its good stuff , lots of fun even if it doesn't actually get you that BFP Wink Laughing xx
Salad I definately was gutted every month, right from the very first month, I think the pressure is immense Rolling Eyes I didn't expect to feel pressured after the reversal, but as soon as it doesn't happen straight away the doubts kick in , and you start to wonder everything from if you're doing it at the wrong time, to if theres a problem they didn't pick up to if the op's not worked Confused
By the time I got to 6 months post Op i was going nuts Embarassed Laughing But really it can take a while even for a couple in their twenties with no reason not to conceive and although there've been I think 2 Ladies on here in the past who conceived first month of trying, and a few who conceived within 6 months or so, most babies seem to have been conceived between about 9 months post op up to about 2yrs post op Question
The wait is a nightmare though, I think our bodies should just know if you don't catch that egg and start AF then you didn't have the stupid 2 week wait every month Rolling Eyes Laughing
Clomid or Clomiphene citrate , is a drug that boosts Oestrogen production, it works by tricking your brain into thinking levels are low so it makes more, the idea is to boost Oestrogen early in the cycle while the follicles are still developing to try and get more than one large enough at the right stage to become a lead follicle , so when you ov you might have 2 or even ocassionally 3 eggs released Smile
Doctors seem to disagree a bit over whether or not it improves quality, but for most women it improves quantity , so if you get 2 eggs you have a better chance of at least one fertilising Smile My reversal cons was going to do me a prescription if last Octobers op had worked and quite a few Ladies on here have taken it ,it can cause mood swings though as Oestrogen is also what gives you PMT Rolling Eyes Laughing
GP's normally can't prescribe it unless a consultant has told them to, so it might be worth contacting your reversal surgeon direct, they can do private prescriptions as well and bypass the NHS,which cost a bit more but not a massive amount
Soy Isoflavones are an alternative to clomid, its a natural product made from soy which has the same effect and you can buy those yourself online, there's a huge soy post in the TTC section on here xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 95, 96, 97  Next
Page 3 of 97

Jump to:  

Community

Popular