Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:58 pm 
Post subject:
I did look at these a good while back but it seemed like it was just a form of BBT charting ,which is probably why they want temps from all month to try and predict ov next month Question
BBT is great for telling you you've ov'd after the fact Rolling Eyes Laughing but not so good at predicting because it can change without warning , like my stupid 34 day cycle last month and this one looks set to be 27 days Shocked Rolling Eyes Laughing
I read the whole thread on another forum about them (i'm so nosy Laughing ) and the women on there weren't overly enthusiastic about them Question
They pretty much all seemed to get the same 4 month reports as well , one thing that struck me as strange is that they all were told that secondary rises in BBT had meant they had conceived on maybe one or two of the first four months but the pregnancy had failed Shocked , well I thought it was a bit wrong to say that as you can have secondary rises for no real reason and not be pregnant I had a few when I was charting but definitely wasn't pregnant, just made me feel as though maybe they were giving these women false hope perhaps Question
They did seem to be good for giving the money back at the end of the 12 months though if there was no pregnancy, one thing I would do though if you do get a BFP is not tell them until you're certain everything's ok as one woman got pregnant but had a m/c and then they wouldn't give her the £500 back just offered her two extra "free" months, another thing it said on there as well is that if you don't have sex on the green days they won't give you the money back, but one woman did on hers then they moved her ov day after the fact and said she hadn't Shocked
Have you looked at the cbfm? At least that gives you high fertility days based on your actual hormones ,although the sticks are getting stupidly pricey , or a fertility microscope, some women find those good and they're fairly cheap , plus they can give you a clue as to whether you're pregnant or not as the ferning comes back if you are Smile x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:34 pm 
Post subject:
Yayyy CBFM finally asked for a stick and confirmed its ov time with the little eggy symbol Laughing
I was sure anyway from the stick but its nice to have it confirmed, also for the last couple of hours I've had quite strong pains right across the top of my pubic bone , it's constant and like an ache Question stronger at each side as well so I presume its ovary related but its both sides so am wondering if the dong quai and DHEA got me more than one egg Shocked the LH line on the cbfm stick is definitely very strong , stronger than some I've had and my OPK's used to often be slightly lighter than the control so maybe its a sign I needed a bigger surge for some reason Question Laughing
I can hope anyway as I always feel better when I think I might have ov'd on the left where I actually have a tube Cool Laughing
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:07 am 
Post subject:
Hellllllooooooooo Shocked where's everyone gone again Laughing
Good Morning to everyone anyway Laughing
Although its actually an awful morning here Shocked Laughing
CD 14 for me and pretty sure ov has happened as all the pains and stuff from yesterday have gone Question didn't do a stick this morning as I only have one left so i'm saving that in case i'm tempted to get a HPT Embarassed Laughing
Don't need it anyway as the cbfm always says peak two days in a row no matter what stick you put in Laughing
Temp was low this morning , lower than yesterday even at 98.4F but it was pretty freezing here last night and I kept throwing the covers off Shocked so I suspect my temp was up over night Laughing and just now its gone up to 99.1F Very Happy
I'm in such a good mood today , no idea why, its awful her with the wind and the snow and i'm all snotty and bunged up and coming down with my first cold of the winter Rolling Eyes Laughing But still in a really good mood Shocked Laughing
BD this morning instead of last night so FX that wasn't too late but I just have a good feeling about this month at the moment so we'll see if it lasts Shocked Laughing
Have a good weekend Ladies , stay in and stay warm would be my suggestion and I shall be taking my own advice Laughing
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:54 pm 
Post subject:
Hi x it has got very quiet on here.. Its only my first month of ttc and I am already bored, it feels like I have lost my spark and also my dh thinks life is so great cause he has sex on tap now... Rolling Eyes
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi x it has got very quiet on here.. Its only my first month of ttc and I am already bored, it feels like I have lost my spark and also my dh thinks life is so great cause he has sex on tap now... Rolling Eyes
Ang122
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:52 pm 
Post subject:
Hi, how is everyone this Saturday night? I am cd04 today. And was exactly 28 days for the second month running...been up to 41 days in the previous months so pleased its settling,. I'm trying to chart this month but lo wants up the second he wakes, so I don't have time to do temp before I have to jump up. I get too agitated listening to him call me and it seems t take forever. Has anyone used the microscope that analyses saliva for the fern pattern? I have one but not used it yet...just wondered if they were accurate and what day you are supposed to have bms? I also have pee stick that I have also never used....they sound complicated. It says not to use FMU but how do you determine a line? With practice I guess....I was going to start using microscope and sticks on day 10 is this too late? Sorry for all the questions but not done the charting before, just gone by CM signs and hornyness! Also DH works on the oil rigs and does 3 weeks on and 3 off. He is home for 3 weeks on Monday. If my cycle stays a 28 days he will miss at least the next 2 months OV. So it's important I give this month the best shot! Thanks ladies, hope you are keeping war . We in whitehaven Cumbria seem to have escaped all the snow! Xxx
JellyBean73
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:38 am 
Post subject:
Morning Ladies! I am 15 dpo & no sign of the witch showing up yet...
Blood nose this morning & yesterday. Sore bb's. Not hungry at all and havent been for the last week normally before af I am always starving on the hunt for choccies.

Tested on 10 dpo and got BFN so now to scared to test as my body might be just messing with my mind... Sad
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:44 am 
Post subject:
Hi Jellybean.. It is nerve recking hey!! Good luck hope you get a bfp soon x
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:29 am 
Post subject:
Ohh could have some good signs there Jellybean , nose bleeds are common in early pregnancy and not getting normal pre AF signs is good as well, if you haven't tested since 10DPO I'd do another, less than a 1/3 of women get BFP's at 10DPO but but by 16DPO you should get a clear answer , good luck xx
Ang I haven't used one of the microscopes only because by the time I found out about them I was stopping TTC but there are a few women on askbaby who have and think they're pretty good Smile , I know with the cbfm this month I got my high on cd9 and my peak on cd13 with ov on cd13/14 so if you ov around then for the microscope I think I'd start about cd 7 so you can see the pattern starting to change Question
The LH bit on the cbfm sticks though didn't show anything major until cd 13 though ,in fact the day before the lines vanished Rolling Eyes some women get a gradually darkening line though so its up to you when to start with those , but 3-4 days before ov should be plenty Smile Which sticks have you got ? I always used fmu on the internet cheapies and the boots ones when I got them and they always worked fine, some even tell you to use FMU like the cbfm sticks and the clear blue smiley face ones Question
The line is supposed to be as strong or stronger than the control to be a positive for your surge, but some women never get lines quite so dark, sometimes the lines will be super dark down one side but lighter across the rest of the test area Question the first month I just got a big pack of the cheapies and did one a day until the lines got stronger then a few a day to track my surge, so I knew what the peak of it looked like and what it looked like just building up and going away , I prefer the cheapies cos they're so cheap you can use a few and then even with a short surge you know you haven't missed it Smile xx
Jillybeanz its a pain in the backside isn't it Rolling Eyes my OH just used to say he felt pressured as well Shocked Laughing
Top tips I've picked up are don't fall into the trap of just BD around baby making time, don't forget to still have fun with it , don't feel like you have to have sex every single day in your fertile time every other day or even every third day is enough really and for us the best one in the end was not to tell my OH when I was ov'ing because after a few months he started commenting on how he felt like a sperm donor and I only wanted him for his swimmers and not just for him etc. etc. its amazing how "sensitive" men can suddenly get when you're TTC Rolling Eyes I think me shouting at him cause he wasn't in the mood and demanding sex cause I was about to ovulate just might have had something to do with that though Embarassed Rolling Eyes Shocked Laughing
Are you past ov now ? I'm pretty sure I am and this is the bit I don't like now, the long wait to AF Rolling Eyes Laughing xx
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:55 am 
Post subject:
Im now day seventeen of my cycle, I did ov stick on tues las week and it was very positive so have had sex every day from tues to saturday I hope I ovd sometime in between those days.... When I think about how easily all my other baby's were made, I never tried to have them if anything I tried to avoid it but got got caught every month Very Happy Shocked .... Will just stay positive and wait, wait for next month. Thats another thing wishing and counting the days away..

Jellybean did you test again?

Xxxxxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:32 am 
Post subject:
Ohh that was quite early then a pos on cd11 Shocked Laughing I got mine Friday on cd 13 so you're about 3 days ahead of me now Laughing I was the same I've got my first when we thought we were safe but must have ov'd late Rolling Eyes Laughing then the 2 I tried for when I got pregnant the first month off the pill and then my four that I got pregnant with on the pill ! Shocked Laughing So even one month of trying was too long for me , I was convinced I'd catch first month and now I'm on cycle 31 Shocked Shocked you do find you're always counting days, either days to ov or days until AF is due, I prefer the first half of the month up to ov time really as then at least you feel like you're doing something, now its just waiting Rolling Eyes Laughing xx

Just so I don't forget
CD 15 temp 98'5 F rising to 99.1F
CP more closed , less soft , cm changing
No BD Confused
no pains or twinges or anything ovary related just some slight period type aching in the middle (fairly normal for after ov for me )
CD 16
Temp this morning 98.9F quickly rising to 99.3 Shocked
CP lower, hard closed and cm mostly white
I'm certain I've ov'd maybe Friday night/Saturday Question
Did a stick in the end Saturday afternoon cos I found one in the bathroom I forgot was in there Laughing and it was still quite strong Question not as strong as Friday though so I think it was just the tail end of the surge Smile
I have a funny feeling I might have had more than one egg, maybe one on each side as this morning I have ovary twinges on both sides Question normally around now I get them from the corpus luteum forming but only normally one side so having them on both is making me wonder if I did have more than one egg Question
I also had that weird ache in the top of both legs that I found out can be from the lymph nodes on that side swelling as your body absorbs the fluid from the follicle Question Laughing
Only thing i'm a bit peeved about is that we didn't BD more, only did Thursday night and Saturday morning , shouldn't matter really as if I did ov Friday into Saturday the timing is good , but would have liked to get a sunday one in as well Laughing
Feeling rough this morning, got my first proper cold in years and feels like i'm getting a chest infection and i'm coughing a lot as well Sad so going to spend the day feeling sorry for myself and drinking juice and cough medicine Laughing
Have a good day Ladies Very Happy
Ang122
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:55 am 
Post subject:
Thanks so much for the info Anna. DP not back until the morning now, flights delayed with the weather. I'm looking forward to pin pointing the day I OV as up til now I've just guessed and been totally sure just by CM but I could be completely wrong! I have an appointment with my own GP on the 3rd to discuss a more local HSG as nottm is impossible to time. With someone to look after LO, my pre day 10, DP being home and them having an appointment at the right time is so frustrating. Would have liked it this month as DP is away for at least the next 2 month fertile week Sad
Have a good day ladies xxx
Evie13
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:11 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies

Well defo out agen this month....... Af is defo due in the next couple of days, cramps, backache the usual af symptoms. Don't really expect anythin different really. Sad
Anyway not gunna let me get me down, 1st appt in Birmingham is in a couple of weeks so lets see what they suggest.

Fx for all those in the 2ww.

Nat hope yor ok hun? I'm just bloated really wiv the DHEA, also takin the enzymes but this is the 1st month ov takin them all so shud b in good shape for wen we finally start ivf, just need to loose the flab but finding it very difficult!!!

Quinny not long now hun. Keep us updated. Av bin over to the other thread but just stalkin u all Laughing Laughing Laughing

Angel,lilemm,mand,meesh,shelly,piggy and the newbies hope yor all well?!? Xx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:16 am 
Post subject:
Ohh I know Evie, I've been trying to lose again and go down by a lb and then back up Shocked , then back down and I've been eating well and doing lots of exercise, its getting annoying now Rolling Eyes Laughing I think I need a personal trainer to come and shout at me Embarassed Laughing
Sorry to hear the witch is on her way Mad but yayy for the appointment ,once you go and see them things often move pretty quickly , some of the IVF Ladies seem to get their BFP's within about 6 weeks of starting Shocked Very Happy Which compared to how long its been for you up to now is nothing Smile
I stopped the DHEA when I ov'd on Friday ,you don't really need to but i'm a bit paranoid about taking anything after ov just in case , I can't even bring myself tyo go back on the statins Rolling Eyes Laughing and also ran out of the enzymes, it was my 3rd month so don't know if I'll bother buying anymore on the basis they should have had some effect by now Question we'll see though as I often say i'm not bothering and then end up getting more Embarassed Laughing The bloating seems to have gone, but it was really bad Friday and Saturday with the ov bloating as well Shocked Laughing
But you've got a good start on the DHEA there Smile xx

CD 17 for me
Morning temp 98.9 F
cp low closed etc. cm sticky white
Boobs heavier
I was a little concerned I might have had a surge and not ov'd from my temps (as I wondered if that happened last month with all the ov signs but ov 8 days later Question ) But now I think I did ov (hopefully) as the temps are rising Smile
So I should be 3/4 DPO today Very Happy only 10 more days to get through Rolling Eyes Laughing
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:49 am 
Post subject:
Morning Ladies Very Happy
Still snowing here Shocked It's been at it since Friday Rolling Eyes at least now the winds dropped so there are no more snow drifts , hope its not snowing where you all are, looks like the kids will have to do the easter egg hunt indoors on sunday Laughing
Hope everyone's well Smile
And the 2 week waiters aren't going nuts yet Laughing

CD18 for me
5DPO
Morning temp 98.9F (again Rolling Eyes )
I'm not bothered its not gone up massively now though because its been high in the afternoons the last couple of days , it was 100.4F yesterday Shocked Shocked Laughing
Also I was having some burning and period like pains yesterday just before my temp shot up, and suddenly went very bloated again and now my boobs are pretty sore too , still got the periody feeling this morning and its slightly to the left of centre, I'm trying not to think it might be implantation related , but of course that thoughts lodged in my brain now Rolling Eyes Laughing as the timing would fit Laughing
Still taking the cough med and the grapefruit juice as I read they help thin the mucus in the tubes as well, and still taking the herbals as well as they're also for tube health but today will be the last day of both , then its just back to normal vits and hope for the best Very Happy
I still think this TTC lark would be so much easier if we just knew by this point what was happening, as if that egg wasn't fertilised then it was gone by Saturday Rolling Eyes if that meant AF just turned up there and then it would cut out so much wasted time Rolling Eyes Laughing Instead we have 2 weeks of wonder if every little twinge is a good sign Rolling Eyes Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 105, 106, 107  Next
Page 23 of 107

Jump to:  

Community

Popular