Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:36 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies and thankyou for your kind words
Went for early scan yesterday and they confirmed beanie had gone all there was is a bleed
which after they had scanned me i started to bleed Sad Ive been spotting on and of they took bloods and would like me to have more done 2morow but im not going to i know its gone

So back to it i guess im not ready to give up on our dreams just yet Smile
Called Birmingham hospital today re Ivf and what the practice is they said need give my self two months so were thinking july as away in june
destinyschild
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:52 pm 
Post subject: hi again
Thanks for the welcomes you guys! Rachel, once they check blood for fertility it will be open surgery as no one here (glasgow) offers keyhole. The op is almost extinct in my area since they stopped funding on the NHS.

The consultant has done 1 op a year over the last 5 years, which is a concern. Its been difficult to access info and a surgeon as it seems IVF is more readily available. I was steralised 14 years ago and that is my other concern oh and my age, so the odds are against me I know.

bye for now
heather
Pumpkintoots
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:34 pm 
Post subject:
Sending hugs Anna. So sorry hunny Sad
mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:44 am 
Post subject:
Morning ladies,Anna so sorry to read what has happened Sad sending you hugs xxx
Hi everybody else hope you are all well?
I'm using my phone at the moment so will have a catch up on the posts tonight when I've got a bigger screen,this phone drives me nuts!!
Weather is miserable here so we are going to have a nice day at home today Smile well we are officially ttc again!! I've told
Myself I must not
Become a pee on a stick addict haha who am I trying to kid! Anyway hope to chat to you all soon,have a lovely day everyone xxx
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:36 am 
Post subject:
quinny2008 wrote:
Hi ladies and thankyou for your kind words
Went for early scan yesterday and they confirmed beanie had gone all there was is a bleed
which after they had scanned me i started to bleed Sad Ive been spotting on and of they took bloods and would like me to have more done 2morow but im not going to i know its gone

So back to it i guess im not ready to give up on our dreams just yet Smile
Called Birmingham hospital today re Ivf and what the practice is they said need give my self two months so were thinking july as away in june

sending you ((hugs)) and good luck with everything Anna xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:48 am 
Post subject: Re: hi again
destinyschild wrote:
Thanks for the welcomes you guys! Rachel, once they check blood for fertility it will be open surgery as no one here (glasgow) offers keyhole. The op is almost extinct in my area since they stopped funding on the NHS.

The consultant has done 1 op a year over the last 5 years, which is a concern. Its been difficult to access info and a surgeon as it seems IVF is more readily available. I was steralised 14 years ago and that is my other concern oh and my age, so the odds are against me I know.

bye for now
heather

hiya hunni
41 isn`t old.. (same age as me!) ... look at Halle Berry pregnant at 47! did they use clips to stelise you hun? and where are you thinking of going? what consultant? sorry for all the q`s I was 39 when I had my reversal my tubes had been cut and tied, I had it done at Nuffield, I liked my consultant cos he was honest and gave me a 50% chance of success.. IVF was discussed with a 25% success rate due to my age at the time, and the fact I would only be able to afford 1 treatment I chose reversal.. it was done 10 years after I had been sterilised, as you can see I got pregnant 3 times but had 1 ectopic and 2 m/c.. I think had I been younger it may have been more successful. From what I have seen on this site if you are in your 30`s you stand a better chance of a successful outcome, but there have also been a few ladies in their 40`s that had successful pregnancies after a reversal too.. it is definitely an emotional roller coaster.. and one that I am taking a break from.. for now! Smile Good luck xx
Rachel72
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:51 am 
Post subject:
Morning ladies Very Happy
Aww Anna Crying or Very sad I'm so so sorry hun xxx. It's such a horrid thing to go through.
It took me a while months to feel better. So do give yourself time to heal xxx

Hi to everyone else, weather is sh@t here !!! Wet and just nasty Mad
Emily still not right. So FX I can get her an appt with the GP , 'if' I can get through on the phone first !!! Rolling Eyes

Good luck TTC Mand Wink love AB on the phone !!! Laughing mine just eats posts !!!!
I'm on the kids nexus Wink xxxx

Rachel72
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:00 am 
Post subject: Re: hi again
destinyschild wrote:

bye for now
heather

Hi Heather Very Happy age .……just a number Wink so is your surgeon trained in
Reversals ? Micro surgery ? Hun, you could have the best surgeon in the world and the op still
may not work !!! No one can say how you body will heal itself or any complications after ?
But it's a huge step Wink not only physical but mentally !!! Which is something I was never prepared for !!!

But hey, everything is worth a shot eh ? Life is about risks Wink xxxx

Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:23 am 
Post subject:
Very Happy good luck Mand!! based on how quickly you fell pregnant last time .. you should be fine!! Very Happy xx
mand136
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:41 am 
Post subject:
Afternoon everyone Smile the weather is lovely here and they have forcast a really nice weekend as well Very Happy

Rach ive tried loads of times to come on here on my phone but half the time i cant see what im writing,i lose my posts and end up on some random website because ive clicked on a link!Am on the temperamental laptop today! Hows your little lady? XX

Anna hope you are ok xx

Angel i dont think we will be lucky enough for it to happen quickly but would obviously be nice if we were!
We are both of the mindset that it may take a while and part of the reason we are ttc now is i am worried about scar tissue etc we are away in a few weeks time so this month ive not taken notice of anything but am already planning in my head that i need to buy ovp strips when i get back! Laughing

Ive not had a chance to read back yet,is nat still here? if you are Hi Nat Very Happy

Hope the ladies with babys are all ok Very Happy Very Happy

Hi to all the other ladys ive not chatted to before Smile

Right i better get ready to collect mia from nursery,hope you are all having a lovely day xx
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Heather Very Happy age .……just a number Wink so is your surgeon trained in
Reversals ? Micro surgery ? Hun, you could have the best surgeon in the world and the op still
may not work !!! No one can say how you body will heal itself or any complications after ?
But it's a huge step Wink not only physical but mentally !!! Which is something I was never prepared for !!!

But hey, everything is worth a shot eh ? Life is about risks Wink xxxx

Hi Rachel, You are right life is about risks....i never thought i would be doing this in a million years, hindsight and all that. Its now or never as i've already wasted 2 years thinking about it! The surgeon has carried out a max of 100 reversals in his career and is a practicing surgeon in gyn. The emotional rollercoaster has begun already.

I've been following this thread for a while and you girls are troopers, despite your paths not going as smooth as you all deserve there is a true sense of solidarity on here and I love the way keep rooting for each other!!
h x
destinyschild
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:57 pm 
Post subject:
hiya hunni
41 isn`t old.. (same age as me!) ... look at Halle Berry pregnant at 47! did they use clips to stelise you hun? and where are you thinking of going? what consultant? sorry for all the q`s I was 39 when I had my reversal my tubes had been cut and tied, I had it done at Nuffield, I liked my consultant cos he was honest and gave me a 50% chance of success.. IVF was discussed with a 25% success rate due to my age at the time, and the fact I would only be able to afford 1 treatment I chose reversal.. it was done 10 years after I had been sterilised, as you can see I got pregnant 3 times but had 1 ectopic and 2 m/c.. I think had I been younger it may have been more successful. From what I have seen on this site if you are in your 30`s you stand a better chance of a successful outcome, but there have also been a few ladies in their 40`s that had successful pregnancies after a reversal too.. it is definitely an emotional roller coaster.. and one that I am taking a break from.. for now! Smile Good luck xx

Hi there,
Aye 41 isn't old but i'm 42 today! We seen Dr Owen at Nuffield, I admired his directness....20-25% of success due to age and length of time steralised, Its clips on each side,i'm going to try and track original surgeons procedure through GP to confirm if only one each side was used. Clips are no longer attached to tubes which showed on an x ray for a different medical matter. Cons. says this is normal.

I opted for the op as my logic is that we might get more shots st success than if we had went down the IVF route. The cost seems never ending for it whereas op is a 'job lot'.
I feel like a fish out of water going back to regulating periods and never had a clue when I ovulate, apart from one sympton....any of you ladies have a surge of blood from your nose when you ovulate? Weird i know even the consultant had never heard of it!

AngelCakes you enjoy your temporary break as i'm sure with your determination it wont be long till your back in the loop Smile
h x
Evie13
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:32 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies.
Well tomorro is D-day......... Eeeeek! Really nervous now!

Sorry i cudn't reply to anyone as we've bin away for a few days but thanx for yor well wishes.

Quinny hope yor ok hun?? Really sorry for yor loss sendin u (((big hugs)))

Hi Heather........ I'm 43 n soon to b 44, i ad my op 3 1/2 years ago but sadly no bfp durin that time so we're optin for ivf as a last resort. This is my last shot ov my DH gettin his one wish to b a daddy as he has no children of his own. So fx. Xx

Hi Mand welcom bak!! Smile how's Mia??

Hi Janey n Rachel, hope you n yor babies r all well?? Smile

Hi Meesh n lilemm, hope the boys r ok?

Angel how are you hunni?!? Very Happy n u too Nat.

Good news about the adoption course pumpkin!!! Smile

Hope everyone who i've missed are all ok???
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:13 am 
Post subject:
Hi Evie Very Happy good luck for today hun hope all goes well Very Happy

Mia is great thanks,crawling everywhere,climbing and generally being a little pickle Laughing

Good morning everybody,hope you are all well xx
Posted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:01 am 
Post subject:
Very Happy morning all , just a quick post ……I'm on my post eating phone pmsl Laughing
Evie, wishing you lots of luck today hun Wink

I'm doing a leaflet drop for OH today, for his new business and its bloody raining !!! Laughing

Well hope everyone has a lovely day, will catch up with posts this evening Wink xxx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 28 of 106

Jump to:  

Community

Popular