Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

sharon34
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:25 am 
Post subject:
Hi, due to the position of my ovaries the consultant said it could have a chance, before that it was more of a risk as I had one very badly join damaged tube, as well as the other only partially open, the risk of Pre scar ectopic was too high, I had my HSP done then the within a week tubes were removed... Obviously we were warned of the risks but he did ask what I wanted before I went down to theatre ... I've a review appt next month, so not sure what he may suggest then... May well end up back In as a day surgery to have them nipped close at the Stubbs ...

Rachel glad to hear your doing ok, gosh time races past Thea would be 3 now !! I'm not sure how life would have been if she had of made it.. I think more than likely some kind of craze on meds and constant apps... I would imagine we would of felt like we were 'waiting for god' as such... So strange how things happen for a reason at the time you ave no idea that the reason could be for the best... But life moves on with or without you.... Xavier is a dream, a bouncing boisterous dream, but all the same a dream.... Life is full of laughter rather than the pain we could of gone through.... Gosh that makes me sound all wise, but I'm not...

Takes care all you lovelies.... Xxxx

Xavier lifes pure joy
Rachel72
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:23 pm 
Post subject:
Hi Sharon, I know , Shannon would be coming up for 6 !!!
I find it hard seeing the other mums at school, who had babies at the same as I had Shannon ....
I also am pleased she passed away when she did Crying or Very sad the hardest thing for any mother is to see your child in pain and knowing there was more ops etc to come. I have found myself being such a over protective mother lol Embarassed I worry a out everything !!! My DD has just turned 11 and I've finally allowed her out with her friends !! But she understands my fears and texts me to say she's safe Laughing so glad Xavier is doing well Wink Emily is just the same .....a pure joy , even when I'm knackered !!! Xxxx

Rachel72
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:38 pm 
Post subject:
DL05 wrote:
Sharon did they never advise you to have the tubal ends sealed ? I had a tube stump after my reversal (supposedly sealed)and on my first lap it was open and had dye spill, and all the docs seemed very concerned it could cause an abdominal ectopic Shocked they didn't think it could result in a "normal" pregnancy because there were no fimbria to sweep the egg in ,so when I had my second lap the surgeon cauterised it , maybe a bit too much Rolling Eyes because when I went for the cannulation they couldn't even find the entrance to that tube on the inside Shocked Rolling Eyes
Your story sort of makes me wish I'd told them to leave it as that bit of tube seemed determined to stay open and the other side couldn't wait to close Rolling Eyes Laughing
So it seems like a tube with no fimbria can still sometimes sweep the egg up Question
So true what you're saying though , you could go through the IVF and still miscarry, one of the IVF ladies did recently and that would just be horrific, it does look like they may be developing a new technique that could possibly reduce the risks of that though , so hopefully that will help some women in the future Smile xx
Rachel what are the odds of a tube reconnecting Rolling Eyes Laughing only when you don't want them to eh ! Wow how big is Emily now Shocked and nearly 2 as well Shocked were did all that time go , how are the chickens and your little cat family Very Happy xx

Haha Laughing I went straight back on the pill Surprised Hubby was not best pleased having his knackers messed about again !!! giggle
Time does pass so quick, but it's nice to move on, if you know what i mean Wink
My eldest DD is TTC in July after having her implant out, so looking forward to the next stage Wink
Cats are great, apart from Jasper, bladder problems....he's now on tabs for life (cystophan) but if it means you can stroke him, without him peeing on you slippers , then its worth it !!!
Chickens are good, laying nicely Very Happy Emily loves them, she's a bit too keen at times !

Hope you have a FAB holiday, maybe try bringing to sun back with you Cool Laughing xxxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:07 pm 
Post subject:
I'll see what I can do Rachel Laughing although they've been having thunderstorms Shocked so I hope those clear up, would be just our luck to go and have rain Rolling Eyes Laughing aww poor kitty my cocker spaniels like that and she's not even got bladder problems, she's just so submissive if someone new strokes her she pee's on their feet Embarassed Laughing animals eh they're nearly as bad as kids for embarrassing you Laughing xxx
Ironic isn't it Sharon having to have a tube or tubes closed after the reversal Rolling Eyes it wasn't lost on me when I had mine closed but I'm glad I did it really , at least they can do that laproscopically so it's minimally invasive xx
shellypenton
Posted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:32 pm 
Post subject:
HEY LADIES JUST WANTED TO CHECK IN AND SEE HOW EVERYONE WAS DOING? IM DOING GOOD. THIS BREAK IS WHAT I NEEDED. I WILL TRY AGAIN IN JULY... ANY BFP'S? I MISS GETTING ON HERE AND TALKING TO YOU WONDERFUL LADIES..

MY DAUGHTER GRAUATED LAST THURSDAY AND THAT WAS A VERY PROUD MOMENT FOR ME.. NOW ITS TIME TO GET HER READY FOR COLLEGE IN 3 MONTHS FOR NURSING SCHOOL!!!!!

THIS SATURDAY WILL MAKE IT ONE YEAR FOR MY TUBAL REVERSAL. I HAVENT TESTED OR ANYTHING SINCE MY BREAK... I AM ENJOYING NOT STRESSING OVER IT BUT IS SAD EVERYTIME AF SHOWS UP EACH MONTH...

HOPE U LADIES ARE DOING GREAT..
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:57 am 
Post subject:
Shelly lovely to hear from you, no BFP's on here currently , glad to hear the break is doing you good xx
Rachel I know what you mean about moving on to the next step, there's a lot to be said for being granny instead of mum Laughing Especially the giving back part Laughing
I wish I could move on fully, I know if I hadn't been sterilised I would have had at least one more but that would probably have been around when our youngest was 4 ish as me and the OH both got terribly broody then, and by now I don't think I'd even be thinking about babies , but because I feel like it was taken from me it makes it harder Question
Half of me thinks I'd have to be mad to want another now just as my youngest is about to start secondary school and we have more money and opportunities than ever before and can now do things we've always wanted to do , the other half of me still yearns for what I would have had if it hadn't been for a crazy spur of the moment action over 11yrs ago Rolling Eyes I even swing between the two depending on what part of the month it is Embarassed Laughing yesterday I was googling to see if there's any miracle cure for blocked tubes I haven't already tried (as if ) Rolling Eyes Laughing and after ov for a week or so I'll be back to thinking its for the best we can't have another , I blame the hormones Laughing
I hope it happens quickly and smoothly for your daughter Smile I get to be a granny again for the third time in November as my oldest is expecting , she's having a scan to find out the sex tomorrow, so there will be a new baby in the family this year Very Happy
Fingers crossed for a little spring bundle for your family next year Very Happy xx
Rachel72
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:50 am 
Post subject:
Very Happy Hi Shelly, glad the break done some good .....Mand has a BFP Wink

Nat, the trouble is (this just how i see things) life moves on without you, while your still stuck !!! So much i missed while TTC with Emily, i can never get those times back Crying or Very sad
I put off so much, just incase...........what i didn't take into account is what is was doing to the rest of my family Sad
I WILL always want more children........but i always told myself before i even had children, no babies for me after 40....after 40 is my time Party I wanted to do more with my OH and things for me.
I've already had one child with Downs and heart problems at 35yrs........so i have to take that into account ? I don't want this to sound cold or upset anyone.....But i always feel if i had another after Emily, i could be pushing my luck. Of course i would 100% love a child with problems. But i choose not to take the chance. I just think of the long term, the care they would need etc....who would care my child when i'm gone Crying or Very sad I know that sounds really depressing lol Wink But you have think of these things being a older mum, don't you Question
Not that i'm putting anyone down who has babies after 40 Wink That's just how i feel about myself Smile
My son has been diagnosed with Dyspraxia (i have it) and ADD.........so he needs more of my time, as i don't want him having issues like i did as a child Wink
My second DD, like yours, starts secondary school in September Crying or Very sad

I've been doing evening classes on quilting !! Laughing My DD is really into sewing and i've had the time to teach her how to use the sewing machine and do cross-stitch.
My son, to help with his muscle toning, he has his own veggie patch Laughing And having him baking to help his fine motor skills Wink

You just have to find your place, don't you Laughing Wink xxxx

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:39 am 
Post subject:
Oh god yes Mand has a BFP Shocked durr can't believe I forgot that and twins as well Very Happy Very Happy
Rachel it doesn't sound cold at all , I often think how incredibly lucky I've been as some in my own family haven't been so lucky and although my downs risk at 32 with my son was well below average for my age it doesn't mean it would be now Question , and down syndrome children often live so much longer now that it has crossed my mind that if we had a down's baby ultimately at some point one of my children could well end up having to care for them, and is that fair of me Confused so I do understand what you're saying.
There are so many things that can go wrong especially as you get older it does make it all harder
I don't put things on hold anymore, I've moved on in that respect at least, that's why we booked the holiday Very Happy , I've started a course which will hopefully lead to a new career , in fact I have to go to an open evening tonight about that ,so by this time next year I should be able to go back to work Smile it's just the emotional moving on i'm not so good at Embarassed Laughing
But I am trying, that's why I haven't pushed the IVF issue , we could afford to do it , but it would mean putting other things on hold and neither of us want that, especially as it might not work and I know I have a tendency to get obsessive Embarassed Laughing so if by some miracle one day I do get a BFP then great , if not then maybe by the time I go through the menopause I'll have accepted it's not meant to be Shocked Embarassed Laughing
I wish I could sew, I often think how nice it would be to make things, and I could indulge my cushion fetish as well Embarassed Laughing but i'm useless with sewing machines, no patience Laughing
JellyBean73
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:10 am 
Post subject:
Well ladies its finally happened I got my BFP today! I had my reversal done last september and at the ripe old age of 40 it happened! Shocked and excited! As I had almost given up hope Very Happy

My baby dust and positive for all you ladies out there!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:42 pm 
Post subject:
Fantastic news Jellybean Very Happy I saw in your other post that you said you weren't really trying this month too, so maybe relaxing does help Question Laughing xx
JellyBean73
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:12 pm 
Post subject:
I think relaxation is key - was so busy with other stuff this month didnt even have chance to figure out ovulation. It must have quality over quantity this month! Still sitting in shock! I hope my Jelly Bean sticks going for a scan next week to make it's in the right place! Rolling Eyes
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:15 pm 
Post subject:
Aww that's good they're not making you wait , some places are rubbish for early pregnancy care , I think sometimes when you're not thinking about it nature just sneaks in and makes sure you do the deed at the best possible time Laughing after all thousands of generations of humans have managed without OPK's Laughing Good luck for the scan xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:50 pm 
Post subject:
Huge congratulations Smile
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:32 am 
Post subject:
That's two recent BFP's now Very Happy hope its the start of a run . It's about time there were some more reversal babies xx
JellyBean73
Posted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:11 pm 
Post subject:
DL05 You don't have to go through GP where I am. Luckily we can self refer ourselves to the early care center. Which cuts out the middle man and gets you seen in days rather than waiting for people to send letters. Very Happy

On the other I wont rest easy until I have had the scan to make sure JellyBean is where it belongs Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 36 of 105

Jump to:  

Community

Popular