Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:01 pm 
Post subject:
Aww that's good Jellybean, round here you have to see the GP for a referral to the EPU, i'm lucky that mine is really good but I know some are less than sympathetic Rolling Eyes I'm sure everything will be fine Smile when is your scan ? xx
Where is everyone ? Shocked
Well ladies i'm being very bad Embarassed and am drinking rose at this time on a Friday Embarassed Laughing
I've been good for weeks now though and as of today I've lost 19lbs Very Happy so I deserve a treat Laughing On the one hand i'm thinking oh my poor egg's being pickled, on the other I think well nothings going to happen anyway so s*d it Shocked Laughing
I'm completely organised for our holiday now, honestly there's been so much organising I need a holiday to get over it Rolling Eyes Laughing Just going to get my haircut tomorrow and that's me done , I thought I'd go for something completely different so i'm getting most of it cut off Shocked could regret it but it will grow back if I do Laughing
I've got my name down on my course for September so I'll have plenty to keep me busy from then so things are going to plan on the career front at least Laughing
Found out the new addition to the family is going to be a boy Very Happy so that balances things out nicely, to two of each , my DD is thrilled as she has a girl and only ever wanted 2 children, not like her mum then Embarassed Laughing
Have a great weekend Ladies xxx
JellyBean73
Posted: Fri May 24, 2013 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
I am going for my scan on Wednesday! Enjoy the glass of Rose! I would kill for one now. But it seems I will be tee total for a very long time now. Shocked

I hope you have a fab holiday & the rest will do you good Cool
ladycake
Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:02 am 
Post subject: Reversal sterilisation
Hi All, I am due in middle June for an operation to reverse my sterilisation and am with Mr Pickles in BMI Nottingham - I am having the procedure with a laparoscopy first then he will open my c- section scar to repair them if it is possible?
I was sterilised in 2003 cut burned and cauterised. So he is not sure if they will repair them
Can anybody give any advice?
JellyBean73
Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:55 am 
Post subject:
All I can say is you are in good hands with Dr Pickles. Just take it easy after the Op and do what they say. Goodluck I hope all goes well for you Very Happy
Helen10
Posted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:18 pm 
Post subject: Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversal!!!
Hi Ladies I'm new to this and would appreciate any advice you can.
so here goes I'm 37 have 3 children 17,13, 8 to previous not so nice husband!!!

Four and a half years ago I met my soul mate we married in Florida last July Smile DH doesn't have any children and I got sterilised after my youngest was born.

So we saved up the money and yesterday I had a reversal, I had it done key hole and came home last night.. My consultant was fantastic said it was tricky as when I had been sterilised they hadn't left much tube one of the ends to play with... Anyway almost 5 hours in theatre he managed to fix them and did the blue dye test which showed both are open...

Really excited and can't wait to try for our baby!!

Please if anyone has any hints tips or advice please do so I would love to hear from anyone who has been or is going through something similar xxx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:42 am 
Post subject:
Hello and welcome Helen im Anna had my reversal in 08 had my little miracle boy in 2010
There has been few ladies that have got pregnant the same mth as the revesal Smile
Good luck hope you get your miracle baby soon
ladycake
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:19 pm 
Post subject: Mr Pickles
Hi Girls I am actually so confused - we went to see a professor for a more thorough consultation and he said after hearing that I was cut, cauterised and my tubes buried my chances were 0% and if he were to be able to attach anything at all it wouldn't work. He said he would not even consider opening me to attempt it as he felt it would be negative!
He said based on my info my best chance at 20% is without a doubt IVF!! I appreciated his honesty- I don't want to be throwing good money away if IVF is what we have to do!! I am just so confused as to whether to let Mr Pickles have a go but even he said he would do a laparoscopy first to see if he could proceed and if her could he would open me there and then but now I feel so unsure whether to proceed with IVF or get my reversal done in Mid June? Mr P also said if he got in and couldnt do it he would wake me up and tell me!!!

This consultant who is a professor - so he is doing this along time said when they cut the tubes that is bad but when they cauterise that causes damage up the tube then they buried them so that means there will be adhesions!

Jes- I really dont know what to do!? Any advice?
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:56 pm 
Post subject:
Hi I had my reversal in 08 my tubes were cut burned and tied Shocked
they were only able to save the one tube and thats a tiny 3cm average is 14 cm
But I had my miracle boy in 2010 and fell pregnant in April this yr But was not to be and lost little beanie Sad
ladycake
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:00 pm 
Post subject: Reversal or IVF???
Thanks for that - that has cheered me up - Congrats and sorry about the one you lost Sad
It is good to know you have managed to successfully carry on with 3cm!
I am concerned he wont be able to do anything? Were you given any advice prior to reversal? Did the surgeon say to you he may not be able to repair them? Did you have laparopscope first or open ?
sorry for all questions, its so good to speak to another girl who has gone through this
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:09 pm 
Post subject:
Dident have any test done before hand not so sure if we had of done it the consultant would of done the reversal tbh as after the opp he did say he was not sure if 3cm was enough and the chances of me getting pregnant were slim Shocked As you can imagen i was heart broke but in 2010 had the shock of my life
And again this yr

we are due to start IVF in June as I have been TTC anouther little miracle since my boy was 9mths
Helen10
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:24 pm 
Post subject:
Thank you for getting back to me jakesmommy, so nice to hear such a happy story, what a miracle baby..

My tubes had clips lady cake but never give up hope and I always say go with your instinct that's what I've done when we were toying with the reversal/Ivf route!!!

How long was recovery for anyone out there who has had a reversal.. I'm feeling really sick today think its maybe from the medications. Although its only early days..
ladycake
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:27 pm 
Post subject: Reversal
Hi Helen, hope you feel better soon. Who did you use to do your reversal? Have they done lots? We are struggling to get it done laparoscopically as that would be my preference and the surgeon Mr Pickles only does open surgery which is a far harder recovery like a section which I will dread.... and there are so many thoughts out there that open is better but to be honest my gut says go with reversal?????
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:41 pm 
Post subject:
I had open surgery recovery was around 4wks Shocked good luck ladies
Helen10
Posted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:02 pm 
Post subject:
I had key hole surgery and its not anywhere near as painful as I thought... I live in the north east and have had mine done at James Cook hospital. My consultant/surgeon is the same consultant I had when I was pregnant with my three children. Although his speciality is unblocking Fallopian tubes there is another surgeon who could have done my op who does reversals only but by open surgery!!

Again instinct told me to go with the one I chose so I hope I'm right!!!

Helen x
lilemm
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed May 29, 2013 7:59 am 
Post subject:
hi ladies Very Happy
just thought i'd pop on and see how everyone is doing Very Happy

hi anna, nat, hope u are both doing well. Very Happy

congratulations mand, wow twins!!! Shocked
congratulations jellybean hope u have a happy and healthy 9 months xx

hi to all the newbies, hope you all get your bfp's very soon x Very Happy

well harry is walking now at the ripe old age of 11 months, he's into everything especially mischief, he doesn't seem to have been a baby for 5 mins, but he's such a pleasure to have, he can also say "mam" "dad" and "I see" god they grow up so quick.

meesh how little liam doing?? xx
mand how's mia? hope they are both doing fine. xx

wishing you ladies all the luck in the world with getting those bfp's.
I will call in from time to time to see how your all getting on.

good luck ladies and have a great day. xx Very Happy
Page 37 of 105

Jump to:  

Community

Popular