Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

JellyBean73
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:03 am 
Post subject:
A lady who was briefly on here back in September last year, who had her op a month before mine gave birth to a beautiful baby girl last week.

I am now 11 weeks preggie and things seem to be going well. We shared the same surgeon. Very Happy
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:55 pm 
Post subject:
Great news Jellybean, what was her user name might ring a bell ? Did you have Dr Pickles as well or am I imagining that Embarassed Laughing xx
JellyBean73
Posted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:42 pm 
Post subject:
I had Doctor Pickles too. I found him to open, honest & most of all caring. Post Op care was fab and somebody at the end of the line no matter when I phoned.

I went to quite a few surgeons before making up my mind. Some seemed to have their own agendas in mind rather than actually caring what I needed. Which is why I chose Doctor Pickles.

The other ladies user name was Jenny2611. She only came on a few times and like me travelled a very long way to see Doctor Pickles.
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:03 am 
Post subject:
I thought it was you who had Dr P but couldn't remember for sure, there was a Lady asking about reversals in Cheshire and I recommended Dr P, I know he's not Cheshire but as I said to her it's worth travelling to see a good doc as they make all the difference Very Happy Can I just ask any Ladies who've had reversals recently to please put your stories on the outcomes post, it's probably on about pg 3 in this section as despite many times asking it's not been made a sticky Rolling Eyes but its really helpful for other ladies considering which doctor to go with Smile xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:08 am 
Post subject:
Just bumped the post so it's now on first page, had a quick read of some and am shocked and amazed at home many pregnant ladies Dr Pickles has Shocked Shocked wish I'd heard of him before the op, although I was being a coward not wanting open after 3 previous sections I couldn't face the pain again , saying that though if I'd had him instead I might not have need all the bloomin' laproscopies so overall might have had less pain Rolling Eyes Laughing
JellyBean73
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:41 am 
Post subject:
I feel truly blessed to have found him. He has a dedicated website which is really imformative too. As far as I know he only does reversals in his private pratice and doesnt do IVF. Which I found with a lot of others docs I went and saw they did both. Maybe that makes the difference that he is dedicated to reversals. He also has a facebook page, which give you a better feel for his real success rates.

These are his statistics which I have copied off his website, which I know was updated recently.

Pregnancy Outcome (n=37):
Intrauterine Pregnancy - 84%
Not Pregnant - 16%

of which:
Live Babies - 70%
Miscarriage - 22%
Ectopic Pregnancy - 3%
Not Pregnant - 16%

I hope this helpful to some ladies trying to make the decision. Very Happy
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for that Jellybean , I know I scoured the forums looking for info before mine and struggled finding anything that had the surgeon and the outcome on it , so i'm sure that will help Very Happy
There's an American site Chapel Hill which produces all its stats broken down into age groups and methods used etc. wish the docs over here would do that, but a lot of them don't even keep records Rolling Eyes Mine wouldn't even talk stats xx
Well I need someone to talk me down from my dream world today Embarassed Laughing am having weird pregnancy dreams, hot flushes and got super high temp today, am about 5DPO maybe even 6 so a bit early for a mid luteal temp peak Question and had a lot of weird cramping yesterday and had heartburn and felt sick this afternoon, am telling myself don't be so stupid, it's probably all just down to taking the DHEA and the dong quai giving me extra symptoms and nothing to do with implantation Rolling Eyes Laughing
Have had incredibly sore boobs since ov as well so I know i'm getting more symptoms than normal for recent months , you'd think I'd know better by now Rolling Eyes Laughing
I mean what are the odds Shocked
Suspect my cat might be up the duff though Rolling Eyes There was a tom hanging about just as we went on holiday so I told my daughter not to let her out just in case, but she's now looking suspiciously fat Confused
She's not even had a season since she had her kitten(who we kept ) 3yrs ago (also same daughters fault for letting her out just as we were about to take her to a stud cat Rolling Eyes Laughing ), vet suspected the infection she had after had rendered her infertile so never had her neutered, looks like vet may have been wrong Rolling Eyes Laughing
Well if she's not got pregnant in 3yrs and suddenly is now maybe its a good sign for me (desperately grasping at straws now Embarassed Laughing )
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:27 pm 
Post subject:
Laughing NAT we should have gone to Dr Pickles!! ..aww if only I had known about him back in 2010!
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:36 pm 
Post subject:
Smile someone else (Nadia71) also had Dr Pickles.. her partner (NFellowes) posted a question about reversal saying they chose Dr Pickles because he gave them a 90% chance of success!.. I don't know if she got pregnant though.. Confused
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:39 pm 
Post subject:
DL05 wrote:
Thanks for that Jellybean , I know I scoured the forums looking for info before mine and struggled finding anything that had the surgeon and the outcome on it , so i'm sure that will help Very Happy
There's an American site Chapel Hill which produces all its stats broken down into age groups and methods used etc. wish the docs over here would do that, but a lot of them don't even keep records Rolling Eyes Mine wouldn't even talk stats xx
Well I need someone to talk me down from my dream world today Embarassed Laughing am having weird pregnancy dreams, hot flushes and got super high temp today, am about 5DPO maybe even 6 so a bit early for a mid luteal temp peak Question and had a lot of weird cramping yesterday and had heartburn and felt sick this afternoon, am telling myself don't be so stupid, it's probably all just down to taking the DHEA and the dong quai giving me extra symptoms and nothing to do with implantation Rolling Eyes Laughing
Have had incredibly sore boobs since ov as well so I know i'm getting more symptoms than normal for recent months , you'd think I'd know better by now Rolling Eyes Laughing
I mean what are the odds Shocked
Suspect my cat might be up the duff though Rolling Eyes There was a tom hanging about just as we went on holiday so I told my daughter not to let her out just in case, but she's now looking suspiciously fat Confused
She's not even had a season since she had her kitten(who we kept ) 3yrs ago (also same daughters fault for letting her out just as we were about to take her to a stud cat Rolling Eyes Laughing ), vet suspected the infection she had after had rendered her infertile so never had her neutered, looks like vet may have been wrong Rolling Eyes Laughing
Well if she's not got pregnant in 3yrs and suddenly is now maybe its a good sign for me (desperately grasping at straws
now Embarassed Laughing )

You made me giggle with this post Wink seems like the cat gets all the luck.. hehehe
ladycake
Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:59 pm 
Post subject: Dr Pickles
Hi Ladies, just reading this thread and the up to date information

I had open surgery with Dr P 4 weeks ago on Monday it was privately carried out in the BMI Nottingham. The reception staff were obnoxious but his team and theatre staff as well as himself superb. I had two previous sections and he opened me about only two thirds of the original scar and almost 4 weeks on I cannot believe he was even there, the scar was so neat and it is settling into a less visible scar already - I actually questioned did he really do it. LOL
He managed to salvage 6cm on my right and 4cm on my left, he is very friendly and approachable - we paid £4795 for the laparoscopy and then the reversal. At first he thought he would only salvage 1.5cm due to being cut cauterised and buried so he was delighted to have saved what he did. He did ask me initially at laparoscopy stage would he continue if only 1.5cm could be saved as that is all it takes. I was nervous but agreed whilst I was knocked out if that was all to be saved then go ahead to give us any chance of success.

The team were great on Rufford ward (I think that was the ward lol) I was there two nights then let home to fly that evening back to Belfast. the theatre staff were so lovely and absolutely fabulous.
His success rates are higher than Chapel hill and from what I hear he is achieving pregnancies for the women he reverses on a regular basis.
He was so happy when I was being discharged he even said if you are not pregnant in 4 months I am to contact him and talk about the possibility of Clomid. YUK but if it has to be done then so be it - Dr P has a Facebook page "steilisation reversal nottingham" and the success stories are on it posted regularly.
I did go to another surgeon prior to Mr P in Belfast and he said he wouldnt even open me and even if there was something to be saved it wouldnt work due to having low AMH. He was a professor in this field soobviously we said stuff you mr optimistic and went with Mr P xxx

Sterilised Sept 2003
Reversed June 2013
Method: Cut, Cauterised & Buried.
JellyBean73
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:34 am 
Post subject:
DL05 you have really made me chuckle this morning. Fingers crossed your holiday did the trick.

I still sit and wonder how I managed to fall preggie when I did as we only did it 3 times in the whole month. As we moved house that month and were so busy and exhausted getting on with life as I had really made my mind up that the op hadnt worked and threw all my energies into my horse,kids & dog.

Baby making was last on my list and just thinking about it was really upsetting. So when I tested positive a week after I was due I was in genuine shock. I even convinced myself my body was just playing mean tricks on me and decided early menopause was all I was getting.

Baby dust to you all and fingers crossed Very Happy
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:14 am 
Post subject:
Jellybean how many kids do you have?
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:35 am 
Post subject:
Angel I know, I really wish now I'd had Dr Pickles , but that's hindsite for you Rolling Eyes Laughing I even considered going to Chapel hill as there stats were so good, but i'm sure Julie or someone else on here did go there and ended up losing both tubes to ectopics Confused So I suppose there's never any guarantees .
Some things I've found out since about my surgeon though Confused and the fact he didn't reply to my last email makes me wonder if there's any truth in what I heard , does make me wish I'd maybe done even more research though and spoken to actual patients rather than go off his admittedly impressive list of qualifications Question xx

Ladycake, that's an impressive result then Very Happy
and good news that your scar is so neat ,
It's good he also asked your opinion on how little tube you'd like saved, I had the same method as you for my sterilisation and lost my right tube and had only 5-6cm on the left, he did say he cut the right back as far as he thought worth saving but the dye wouldn't go through but from a comment he made to another Lady who had hers with him he seemed to think 4cms or so was the least worth saving Rolling Eyes and he said to me that5-6 cms is shorter than he'd like Question
Anna only has one tube at 3cms and she got pregnant and I've read of women with 1.5-2cm tubes conceiving , so surely even a little stumpy tube has to be better than none at all Question Laughing
Ironically my left tube is closed again now with scarring but the right stump that he left kept bl**dy opening up Rolling Eyes and I had to have it recauterised to stop the risk of an abdominal pregnancy .
The clomid will be well worth a go if it helps you get pregnant, if you want to try something natural in the meantime Donq Quai is very good for kick starting your ovaries and it improves blood flow to your uterus , anything that boosts hormones though can have some side effects though even EPO xx
Jillybeanz I don't know if I count it as luck with the cat, not since I found out that cats almost always get pregnant when they have sex but only because the males have a barbed penis Shocked which scrapes the female inside and stimulates ovulation Shocked no wonder they make all that noise when they're at it is it then Laughing I mean I'd love to ovulate every time I did the deed but not if it meant men had to have spikey willies Shocked Laughing xx
Jellybean it's always the way Rolling Eyes Laughing
I've conceived twice in the past from only BD once in that month Shocked Laughing the last time was a quickie in a tent in Wales Embarassed I was on the bl**dy pill as well Rolling Eyes Laughing
I do think being relaxed about the whole thing does work wonders for some women though, I've lost count of how many long term TTC Ladies on here have got pregnant just before starting IVF when they weren't even trying, in fact it happened to one of the reversal Ladies as well Very Happy
I was sort of hoping it might work for me on holiday but AF showed up 2 days after we got back Rolling Eyes Maybe I need to convince the OH I need a month long holiday Question that might do the trick Cool Laughing
Have you got a date for your 12 week scan yet ? xx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:50 am 
Post subject:
JellyBean73 wrote:
DL05 you have really made me chuckle this morning. Fingers crossed your holiday did the trick.

I still sit and wonder how I managed to fall preggie when I did as we only did it 3 times in the whole month. As we moved house that month and were so busy and exhausted getting on with life as I had really made my mind up that the op hadnt worked and threw all my energies into my horse,kids & dog.

Baby making was last on my list and just thinking about it was really upsetting. So when I tested positive a week after I was due I was in genuine shock. I even convinced myself my body was just playing mean tricks on me and decided early menopause was all I was getting.

Baby dust to you all and fingers crossed Very Happy

I think its because you were relaxed and not thinking about ttc! I was the same as after my op I was planning the final touches to my wedding and honeymoon.. didn`t bd much but got a bfp 6 weeks after the op.. (2 weeks before my wedding) it was ectopic though so caused alot of stress and worry! Good luck hope all goes well xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 47 of 106

Jump to:  

Community

Popular