Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:58 am 
Post subject:
Maybe when you're not thinking about it or planning your sex life your body just gives you signals as to when its the best time without you even thinking about it too Question
I know from the first month of TTC BD becames something that was planned and timed around ov, by me anyway the OH just thought his luck was in Wink Laughing
Maybe once you stop trying you're just naturally more likely to do it just at the right moment Question
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:59 am 
Post subject:
yes Julie did go to Chapel Hill .. and ended up losing both tubes Sad but luckily had success with IVF and now has her lovely twins... Smile

I was happy with my surgeon and the Nuffield as I think he did the best he could..was relistic about the outcome (50%) and he did advise me not to have the op due to my hubbys swimmers being an abnormal shape.. but we chose to go ahead anyway.. but still got pregnant 3 times.. I think if I had been younger it may have worked.. Smile
BUT if it had worked I would not be going to the USA this year

I have heard good and bad things about AP.. did you feel that he didn`t do a good job with the reversal? xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:03 am 
Post subject:
DL05 wrote:
Maybe when you're not thinking about it or planning your sex life your body just gives you signals as to when its the best time without you even thinking about it too Question
I know from the first month of TTC BD becames something that was planned and timed around ov, by me anyway the OH just thought his luck was in Wink Laughing
Maybe once you stop trying you're just naturally more likely to do it just at the right moment Question

that made me laugh... Laughing
we havent bd for months... noo frickin way am I gonna end up pregnant and having to have major surgery before I go on holiday again!! Very Happy .. his balls must be bursting! Laughing
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:31 am 
Post subject:
There's ways around that problem Angel Wink Laughing
It's things I've heard since Angel that made me wonder if I made the right choice, I thought he was lovely , very charming great bedside manner and realistic and at the time I felt he'd done his best or I never would have recommended him, but I've since found out there have been some accusations and issues, don't know the outcome but its put a different slant on things he did Question
Like when he knew my left tube was supposedly blocked and the right stump was open he made it sound like he wanted me to see him to try and unblock the tube and also sort out right tube, in the event though he only tried to put dye through not actually investigate tube, I mean if he had he would have found the proximal blockage wasn't actually a blockage Question
Maybe even at that point the scar tissue further up would have been there but maybe it wasn't, will never know now Question
He really thoroughly cauterised the right tube to the point it wasn't even visible on the cannulation Shocked which made me wonder if it was more an exercise in covering his back Question
He didn't even come and see me after he sent a minion and at the follow up he sent someone else in to see me rather than explain himself Confused
Of course the doc I did see was lovely Smile and he actually sent the referral for the cannulation Very Happy whereas I sort of felt like he'd had washed his hands of me Question
I know some docs who have offered to try and operate again either free or at reduced cost on blocked tubes, either to unblock or to cut and reattach them, or at least arrange follow ups and things like HSG's , he didn't even mention the possibility of a cannulation I had to find that for myself Question
Maybe i'm being over critical but the fact I never had any sort of confirmed BFP even though everything I've read says scar tissue takes time to form just makes me wonder Question
Same with the one tube thing as maybe you remember everyone on here who had him , Deb, Sue and a couple of other Ladies all only had one tube repaired Question I know its a risk that they might not be able to fix both but compared to other docs he seems to have a high number of one tube Ladies Question
We did all joke at the time that maybe he just does the one so he can go off and play golf Rolling Eyes maybe we were closer to the truth than we thought Question
I know a lot of docs don't like giving odds so at the time that didn't bother me but since then I've never been able to find one single woman who's had a pregnancy success story after he's done their reversal Question
JellyBean73
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:12 pm 
Post subject:
Jilly Beanz I have 3 daughters. Who keep me on my toes & are thrilled at the prospect of another sibling.

DL05 maybe its worth giving Doctor Pickles a call. Even if you could have a telephone consult with him explain your situation, maybe he can help in some sort of way. I dont know your personal circumstances. But considering you have been through so much it might worth one phone call. His secretary is Mandy and she is fantastic.

Angelcake I am now picturing your poor hubby turning into a smurf as I type. I hope you have a fab holiday in the states. Twisted Evil
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:15 pm 
Post subject:
Sad Aww its difficult to know really isn`t it... ?? but yes I do remember Sue and Deb had him too, as well as a couple of ladies on ask a mum forum.. (1 maybe 2 definately had a bfp that had him) .. I dont know if he removed both of their tubes though.. it does seem strange that you all had 1 tube removed Question in my case the tube I lost was supposed to be the good one, so I am grateful that he tried to repair the left tube rather than remove it, as something must be partially working foor me to have had 2 more bfps after the ectopic.. Sad ..its now 3 years.. and when I look back over the posts.. we were all so full of hope back then!
I wish it had worked out for you Nat.. as I know you want a baby more than anyone...
((HUGS)) Do you still feel that way, and do you have any plans regarding IVF etc..?? xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:21 pm 
Post subject:
Not as much to be honest Angel, I think the last 3yrs have just worn me down and I do feel so much older than I did then Rolling Eyes Laughing If it happens naturally that would be lovely but we're not going to look into IVF, I know we could get lucky first time but if we didn't I also know I'd want to keep trying and it could well be throwing good money after bad Question We definitely want to go on holiday again soon and are looking at down sizing our car and maybe even in the next couple of years at moving and using our equity on this place to get a holiday home abroad somewhere Very Happy
Sometimes I get upset it hasn't happened, normally around AF or if I've tried something that worked for other women and then other times like lounging in the sun on holiday I think well I wouldn't be doing this with a toddler running round Laughing
I know with Sue he left her other tube untouched as he said the clip was too close to the uterus with Deb I can't remember if he removed it or just didn't try to repair it Question
It is good your doc repaired both then , you never know you may still get your sticky BFP Smile
We were all convinced we'd all be pregnant in no time at the beginning weren't we , it is such a shame that all the Ladies who have this op don't get that BFP xx
Jellybean we've decided to leave it up to nature now Smile We could afford to get the reversal redone and I know some of the vasectomy men have redo's but to be honest I'm not convinced it wouldn't end up with the same outcome and I don't think I could face getting all optimistic again just to have my hopes dashed , plus there's the fact i'm 3yrs older and the wrong side of forty Embarassed Laughing
To be honest I feel I was lucky compared to some reversal Ladies, as yes my tube is blocked but some Ladies have had one or even 2 ectopics and lost one or both tubes, some have suffered miscarriages both early and late on in their pregnancies and some still don't have a baby to show for it all , it must be so much harder for them to have been pregnant and still not have a baby xx
Nissa43
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:00 pm 
Post subject:
Hi girls

Just wanted to say about Dr Pickles - he is the most loveliest Man you could wish to meet, he prescribed me clomid after my reversal in February (because I'm older) and I am still conversing with him now as my ovaries overstimulated so he is keeping in contact even tho I have been referred to out local hospital's fertility clinic for regular scanning.

I travelled from Southampton to Nottingham for my surgery and it was soo worth the trip!!!!

So to any ladies reading through this Thread, GO TO DR CLIVE PICKLES, you won't regret it.

Much love to you all and congrats on the BFP's, will let you know when I get mine

Very Happy Very Happy

Nissa xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:28 pm 
Post subject:
Well Ladies Ive got my start date for IVF Smile 25TH July Smile And scan on the 8th Aug
were finally on the road to our next journey
Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:06 pm 
Post subject:
Nissa43 wrote:
Hi girls

Just wanted to say about Dr Pickles - he is the most loveliest Man you could wish to meet, he prescribed me clomid after my reversal in February (because I'm older) and I am still conversing with him now as my ovaries overstimulated so he is keeping in contact even tho I have been referred to out local hospital's fertility clinic for regular scanning.

I travelled from Southampton to Nottingham for my surgery and it was soo worth the trip!!!!

So to any ladies reading through this Thread, GO TO DR CLIVE PICKLES, you won't regret it.

Much love to you all and congrats on the BFP's, will let you know when I get mine

Very Happy Very Happy

Nissa xx

Hi Nissa, I was wondering how you were getting on.. glad all is good with you x
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:14 pm 
Post subject:
JakesMommy wrote:
Well Ladies Ive got my start date for IVF Smile 25TH July Smile And scan on the 8th Aug
were finally on the road to our next journey

Happy days Very Happy you must be so excited xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:35 pm 
Post subject:
I am Jillybeanz Just waiting on the drug company to call to arrange delivery of my prescription Smile Feeling much more + today How you feeling hun
Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:37 pm 
Post subject:
JakesMommy wrote:
I am Jillybeanz Just waiting on the drug company to call to arrange delivery of my prescription Smile Feeling much more + today How you feeling hun

I'm good thanks. Going to try and not try so hard if you know what I mean Very Happy
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:06 am 
Post subject:
Great news Anna Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy You must be thrilled it's so close now, and all over the school hols as well, does that make it easier or harder with the other kids ? Some of the IVF Ladies get their drugs from places like asda don't they Shocked who knew asda sell fertility drugs eh Question Laughing I'm a 100% convinced you'll have a good outcome from this, they've become so good at picking the best embryo's now Smile xx
Nissa Dr P does sound lovely Smile , I wish I'd had clomid from the start Confused So many docs though just seem to want to do the op and then that's it Rolling Eyes I've even heard of them charging £200 just to discuss something Shocked So it's nice to hear that there's one who really puts in the extra effort , hopefully the clomid will do the trick for you Very Happy xx
How is everyone today ? Did we all get the lovely sunshine this weekend ?, we did here which was really nice but unfortunately the 2 BBQ's and all the alcohol that seems to go with them didn't help my diet effort Sad Laughing The scales were very cruel this morning,Can't understand it I did eat loads of salad as well Question Laughing
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:04 am 
Post subject:
Thankyou Nat Smile I got my drugs direct from the hospital at cut price of £600 Smile
but the drug company phone you direct to arrange payment and delivery
Im very excited but have mixed feelings about it all have got start thinking + the way were looking at it now is its that little bit of help we need

My son has left school now Shocked hoping to get into college he has interview Friday to see what level hes working at will boost his confidence loads getting into college and mixing with children that don't have learning difficulties

Two BBQ Smile Why not you only live once Smile

Evie any news hun
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 103, 104, 105  Next
Page 48 of 105

Jump to:  

Community

Popular