Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

JellyBean73
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:58 pm 
Post subject:
After my op I went test crazy as a lot of ladies do. My advice dont test until 2 days after af is due. That way if the magic bean odds of sticking increases and not just be a chemical pregnancy. Which is one heck of an emotional roller coaster. For me personally the two week wait was an absolute killer.

So try and relax and test on Sunday! Very Happy

Another lady I know concieved days after her Op and has just had a beautiful baby girl! Very Happy
Helen10
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:03 pm 
Post subject:
Sounds good advice thankyou xx
shellypenton
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
THANKS NAT I WILL GET MY DR TO CALL IN THE CLOMID FOR ME. THEY TOLD ME TO DO THE HSG ON CD8 OF MY CYCLE THAT WOULD BE RIGHT AFTER AF AND BEFORE I OV....

I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. I GUESS I'M JUST CONFUSSED
SINCE I GOT PREGNANT WHICH IS A GOOD THING BUT IF THERE IS A BLOCKAGE WOULDNT THAT HAVE PERVENTED THE EGG AND SPERM TO MEET IN MY TUBE? I AVE TRIED READING UP ON IT AND I JUST CANT MAKE ANY SENSE OUT OF IT.. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT!!!!!!

THANKS JELLYBEAN73. CONGRATS ON YOUR BABY HOPE U HAVE A SMOOTH PREGNANCY!!!!

hELEN I KNOW ITS HARD NOT TO TEST BUT EVERYBODY IS RIGHT TRY TO WAIT AND TEST 2 DAYS AFTER UR MISSED AF... I WAS A TESTING FOOL BEFORE NAD WHEN I TOOK A TEST IT WAS BFP AND I WAITED THE 2 DAYS AFTER AF BUT IT WAS IN MY TUBES Sad SO HOPING FOR GOOD RESULTS NEXT MONTH!!!
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:19 pm 
Post subject:
Aw I hope so shelley fx for you x feel like I do before af arrive but my boobs have grown loads which isnt like me at all xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:07 pm 
Post subject:
Helen 10 The best test to get would be first response there very good and can use 6days before period due A line is a line hun so id say its a + good luck and get hubby go get a first response
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:32 am 
Post subject:
Helen I agree with Anna a line even a faint one is a positive so it looks like you did get lucky first month Very Happy Period type cramps are perfectly normal, however as Jellybean said chemicals are also common so some women don't like to test until they're late as a chemical would make it harder for them, personally even knowing I'd had a chemical would make me feel better that everything worked Question So I suppose it's a case of doing whatever works for you Smile I'd give it a day or two before testing again and use fmu and fingers crossed you should get a much stronger line next time , by the time your AF is due a cb digi might work as well, I know a lot of ladies love the fact they say "pregnant" in words Smile
and Helen even though I was told in October my only chance now is IVF I still have to fight the urge to test every month Embarassed Laughing so I know exactly where you're coming from on this one , I have to admit than in my early crazy POAS woman days I once started testing daily from 8 DPO Embarassed Laughing xx
Shelly sometimes an ectopic isn't caused by a blockage at all, its all such a delicate hormonal balance and your body deliberately hangs on to the fertilised egg in the tube for about 4 days to give it a chance to mature to the point where it's almost ready to implant then a progesterone rise should make the tube relax and release the egg but sometimes for whatever reason it doesn't so even women who've never had reversals or any other tubal surgery can have ectopics, also any damage to the little hairs inside the tube can cause the egg to stop before it should Question or even a slight narrowing or something called a diverticulae which is basically a small pocket which can form in the tube wall which catches and traps the egg, or a kink can do the same Question without knowing exactly where in the tube your ectopic was its hard to say the cause but obviously even if there was a blockage it wasn't a complete blockage or as you say the egg and sperm couldn't get together Smile
I don't know if you remember but on my HSG and my first two lap and dye tests I was told I 100% had a total blockage in my tube right at the womb, all the docs I spoke to were convinced and I kept being told it must be scar tissue which never made sense as I'd never had anything done in that area, but the dye would never go past that point, then on the cannulation the guide wire went past easily Shocked as did the dye and they could find no sign whatsoever of a blockage at that point Question
So basically it must have been a mucus plug which either the guide wire cleared easily or perhaps the decidual cast I'd just had cleared it Question but they can happen and either cause a total blockage in a very narrow bit as mine seemed to have or sometimes just a partial blockage further up, which as sperm are smaller than an egg can mean you can conceive but the egg can't travel down the tube, the good news is your doc is going to do the HSG so you should get some answers and hopefully if there is a mucus plug she can clear it for you if she uses the same wire they used for my cannulation xx
Only 2 weeks now Anna Shocked whats the protocol going to be, have they run through everything for you , you don't have to go on the pill first do you ? I was reading that article one of the IVF Ladies posted and it seems very much like back to basics IVF funnily enough just the other day I was reading an article about early IVF and they used to do it on a totally natural cycle Shocked and just collect and fertilise the one egg , so things like mini IVF which is being touted as a "new" thing is just basically going back to how it used to be Question
Makes sense though if they could do it much cheaper then even if there was less chance each time it would be less of an all your eggs in one basket scenario each time and I might even consider it myself if it was hundreds rather than thousands Question
Would also make it perhaps a better more cost effective option than reversal for most women as well Question Anything that means women don't have to go through this emotional roller coaster has to be a good thing in my book Very Happy xx
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:02 am 
Post subject:
Good morning Nat Smile Were doing the long protocol No not been told take the pill which I thought you would have to dosent make sense that they start to treat you after ovulation
Were just going avoid belly dancing around o/v this mth just to be sure the thought that we could of got lucky and then destroyed it through down reg ect I couldent live with

I Agree with the mini IVF think id of done it yrs ago if it was much cheaper
We have one chance at this and then that's it took us a long time to save and I still feel guilty for spending so much money on something that I have no certainty of it working

How you feeling hun
Evie hope your ok
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:35 pm 
Post subject:
MORNING LADIES!!!!

DID ANOTHER BETA LEVEL THIS MORNING AND ITS DOWN TO 32.....DON'T KNOW IF SHE WILL WANT ANOTHER LEVEL NEXT WEEK OR NOT.. I WILL BE SO GLAD WHEN I START AF AGAIN SO I CAN START TRYING AGAIN..

NAT I WILL ASK THE DR WHEN SHE CALLS TO GO AHEAD AND CALL IN THE CLOMID AGAIN.. I WONDER IF SHE WILL PUT ME BACK ON PROGESTERONE PILLS AND THE CREAM AGAIN? I WILL ASK WHEN SHE CALLS.. I AM HOPING I START AF IN A FEW WEEKS SO I CAN GET MY HSG.. I WONDER IF THEY WOULD TELL ME IF THEY ARE BLOCKED OR WOULD I HAVE TO WAIT TO HEAR FROM MY DR TO GET RESULTS....

HELEN HOW ARE YOU?
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
When I had mine Shelly I was told straight away, they turned the screen so I could see what was happening, a lot of supposed proximal blockages though are spasm, in fact my tube stump on the right showed no fill as well on the HSG but on the following lap it had clear spill Question Which is why the cannulation is a good idea, I know a lot of US docs will do it during a HSG if a blockage shows, as it can clear a mucus plug there and then Smile Sounds like your AF will show pretty soon with that beta level Shelly xx
Sounds like a good plan Anna , no point trying if your efforts will be wasted and all the clinics seem to have slightly different methods don't they Question Can I just ask you, on the cycle when you got your BFP did you take the DHEA all month ?xx
As daft as it sounds Ladies recently a few months in a row I've felt as if somethings been "happening" in the first 7-8 days after ov ( not anything I've been looking for just feelings that something's different Question ) , and then the feeling seems to have faded by 10-12 DPO could be cracking up of course Embarassed Laughing but I've had a weird feeling my tubes is at least partially unblocked, honestly I know I sound like a nutter Embarassed , but I had the same feeling before the cannulation about the other blockage and it had gone Question
Obviously at my age egg quality is a major factor as well though so I thought it might be worth giving the DHEA a shot for a bit and if nothing happens then at least I've tried Question Has anyone tried it for longer than just up until Ov, because i'm sure every time I've taken it I've only taken it for the first half of the cycle maybe just a bit longer and I have seen it recommended to take it for 3 months straight, just wondered if anyone has any experience of taking it for so long or a whole cycle Question
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:12 pm 
Post subject:
Nat I took it all through out my cycle stopped when goy my BFP
I since spoken with my GP regards this and he said due to age and the fact I have only one tube all the way through would give me a better chance Smile

I stopped as the side effects were not great I had increase in facial hair and spots
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:49 pm 
Post subject:
NAT THANK YOU SO MUCH ON YOUR ADVICE AND COMFORT WORDS. IT REALLY HAS HELP ME THROUGH THIS DIFFICULT TIME!! I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN AF STARTS AND THE TEST WILL BE!!

HOPE ALL YOU LADIES HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:30 pm 
Post subject:
Well ladies I caved in and bought a clear blue digital test and confirmed that im 2 - 3 weeks pregnant Very Happy Very Happy I cant believe that I only had my op 7 weeks ago xx Don't give up hope ladies x its only early days for me going for bloods done on tuesday

Helen
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:02 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations Smile
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:06 pm 
Post subject:
Congratulations Helen, I am almost 5 weeks post op on Monday -I was like you really didnt know what to expect or if indeed it would work. It will be a miracle and blessing if you are, but the reason we go in for reversals is to have every chance of succeeding
My DH would be over the moon and back if I was, I have experienced the "Fertile" cramps and have had twinges, I am still swollen after the op and that ledge where he cut me is really doing my head in but Its all in the hope me and the love of my life can conceive. I am very lucky he takes me as I am and doesnt care I need to lose a stone, We are heading away in less than 2 weeks and I am due the "Witch" the day before we go. My heart will break if it comes!! But I went into this saying I will play it cool I am not going to monitor blah blah.. Ends up I checked my ovulation, had sex every day over the fertile period sometimes that felt mechanical but DH obliged lol -I am really hoping this op has worked?
Other people say the best chance is in the first 3 months and like I said earlier if it doesnt for us we have to consider clomid although my DH is against that he worries about the masculine effects it can have!!
Any way congratulations again I am sooooo happy for you and it is good for this board to see miracles can happen

Much baby dust to all and good luck to the ladies trying IVF, we had a cycle of that in Prague never again we only wish we had chosen a better clinic and not a money racket. We wasted 5k and two years of our time when we should have gone for reversal two years ago when I was younger but hey ho we have to get on with it, we all do desperate things in the hope for our baby to be conceived xxxx Smile
BeforeI went in for the reversal I contacted a better clinic in Dublin they said well your older now your AMH is pretty low and the waiting list os over two months and the cost of the blood work, SA and AMH testing /Scans etc was well over a grand xxxx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:59 am 
Post subject:
Great News Helen Very Happy Very Happy This is why I don't understand why some docs tell Ladies to wait 8 weeks before even trying as it does seem like the early days are the best time to try Very Happy and fantastic that you got a 2-3 already if your AF is only due today Very Happy xx
Thanks Anna, I'm going to give it a shot Very Happy It makes me spotty and makes my hair greasy Rolling Eyes but no (extra) facial hair thankfully Laughing what dose did you do ? the ones I've got are 50mg I have read about IVF Ladies taking 75 split into 3 doses but couldn't find any that were 25mg Question xx
So may just stick with the 50mg a day Question
I've got enough left for about 2 weeks anyway so I thought I'd start it now as AF is due tomorrow or Sunday and get one more bottle of 90 capsules and take it until that runs out so then I'll have done the 3 months Laughing
I know I keep saying that's it I'm giving up Embarassed Laughing but I've got a couple of months before I start college full time plus it will give me something more positive to focus on around the 3yr anniversary so why not try it Question Laughing
I've decided after this weekend no more booze for 3 months ( eeek )cut out the caffeine Rolling Eyes back to exercising every day to get to my original target weight and take the DHEA for 3 months and if still no luck then I give up (again) Rolling Eyes Laughing
Lady cake that ledge will go, its just swollen tissue, I remember mine was the same after the last section like a horrible hard tender lump across my belly, felt horrible and drove me nuts thinking it wouldn't go and then one day I just realised it had and I hadn't even noticed Shocked Laughing Fingers crossed the witch stays away Very Happy I don't know what the stats say about pregnancy success rates compared to time from the op, but given my time again I think I'd have asked for the clomid asap Laughing It doesn't make you more masculine that's the DHEA , clomid increase oestrogen so if you're prone to PMS etc. it can make that worse but you won't grow a beard Shocked Laughing xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 107, 108, 109  Next
Page 50 of 109

Jump to:  

Community

Popular