Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:15 am 
Post subject:
Helen I'd insist on an early scan before you go, as things can go downhill fast with an ectopic and the last place you want to have to have an op is when you're on holiday Confused My cons actually gave me a letter stating that in his professional opinion if I got a BFP I should have a scan at 6 weeks to check for ectopic so that I could show it to the EPU if they were funny about it, maybe yours would email you something if you asked Question by 6 weeks they should be able to confirm where the pregnancy is and then you can relax while you're on holiday.
Some EPU's don't need a referral either so you can just ring and ask them direct for an early scan, if they really won't do it then you can have private scans from about 7 weeks and they start from about £65 depending on where you are, I think they're dearer down south Question
Well you're not doing too bad for being exhausted Shocked Laughing made me feel tired just reading what you've been up to Laughing are your kids off already then ? Mine are still in school until tomorrow Question
I bet the weather will be easier to cope with in Turkey as they expect it don't they, in Florida everywhere has air con and the parks have fans that spray water mist at you, I spent a lot of time stood under those Laughing Enjoy your holiday Very Happy I'm only a teensy bit ( a lot ) jealous Laughing xx
JellyBean73
Posted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:42 am 
Post subject:
I range my epu and they saw me at 5 weeks to make sure the bean was in the right place and then again 2 weeks later to make the pregnancy was viable. Last week I had my 12 week scan & everything is looking good. My EPU were fantastic and have said I can ring up until 17 weeks with any concerns I have - or if I am worried about anything they will whip in straight away for a scan to put my mind at rest.

Helen Definitely ring your closest EPU and by pass all the GP politics. Very Happy
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:51 am 
Post subject:
Morning Ladies Very Happy
How are you all today ?

Anna I see there's another Lady having her scan at practically the same time as you Very Happy That's a bit of luck xx
Helen these summer hols are perfect timing for you then, you should be over the morning sickness and feeling dead tired by September Laughing xx
I got the pregnenolone yesterday so I've started that now Very Happy Have no idea if its actually doing anything, but I suspect it might be, well that and the DHEA, as sorry for the TMI ! Embarassed but i'm getting clear cm, loads of ovary twinges on both sides, and am feeling particularly frisky already Embarassed and I had to fight the OH off this morning, I would have given in but we didn't have time Wink Laughing
I'm only on cd 6 so that's all really early for me Shocked Hope we don't peak too soon Laughing
Enjoy your day everyone and make the most of the weekend as it sounds like our usual british summer will be back next week Rolling Eyes Laughing
Helen10
Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:18 am 
Post subject:
Thanks ladies
been for more bloods today and they are rising nicely so fingers crossed.. im at the midwife week on monday but think I will speak to epu prior to that. My consultant who performed my op is actually on holiday but has given me his mobile to keep in touch if im worried about anything. Ive actually got my follow up appointment on tuesday with him to see how I am since the op..
hope everyine is well. Im enjoying the day off as I broke up from school yesterday but my children dont break up until tuesday x
Faith7
Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:09 pm 
Post subject:
Hey ladies Oh my we got loads of positive pregnancies Very Happy how wonderful to hear this as giving me loads of hope Smile Well yesterday I hade my consultation with Dr Pickles and everything went great! my Reversal is booked for the 1st of August YEYYYYYY!!!!! very Happy and excited and nerves. I started taking DHEA , Royal Jelly and Pregnacare Conception and I also bought my hubby Wellman Conception just to boosting him up even that his sperm acc was great over 100% but just encase lol Laughing I can not waitto be able to start traing for this baby so much wanted Very Happy
I hope everyone is enjoying this lovely weather I am very much!!!!
Sending you all loads of baby dust!!!!
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:40 am 
Post subject:
That's great news Faith, Dr Pickles does seem to have a few pregnant Ladies about at the moment Question Laughing Hopefully you'll be the next one Very Happy xx
Hope everyone's enjoying the sunshine and not tearing their hair out already with the kids off Shocked Mine were driving me nuts by last night Shocked Laughing
Sad day for me yesterday as my youngest left primary school Crying or Very sad He was only 8 and still very much a little boy when we started TTC and now he's almost a teenager, maybe not in years but certainly in attitude Rolling Eyes Laughing
Couldn't help thinking about my one and only 'possible chemical' 4 months after the op, at the time I was philosophical about it and saw it as a positive thing that maybe I would get a BFP Question But now it just depresses me that it was probably my only chance and it wasn't meant to be Sad I could have had a little almost 2yr old running around now causing havoc Smile
I'm sure I'll be fine in a few days, it's just not helping that our caravan is up for sale and every time I take someone to see it, it reminds me of the holiday just weeks after my op when we were all excited about trying and I was sure we'd get lucky first month Rolling Eyes can't wait to get rid of the bl**dy thing now Rolling Eyes Laughing added to that it's 3yrs on the 8th August since I had the op and that 3yr anniversary coming up is sooooooooo depressing Rolling Eyes
Add to that my DD being pregnant and her constantly moaning about being "fat" (she's anything but Rolling Eyes ) and looking "a mess" when I'd give anything to be in her shoes and she doesn't appreciate how lucky she is Rolling Eyes I've had to bite my tongue a few times Confused
It's hit my OH hard as well, and from a few things he's said he's feeling a bit broody, but when I said 'well there's still something we haven't tried'(meaning the IVF) he said " no, I still don't think I want to do that, if it happens then it happens but if not in a few years we'll have the freedom to do stuff just us two"
I see his point of course but I'm finding it so much harder than him, and i'm definitely feeling old at the moment Confused Rolling Eyes Sad Laughing
Wow that ended up being a depressing post Shocked Laughing
Anyway at least this good weather has had a positive side effect because I can't eat during the day when it's hot, my appetite just vanishes so I've lost 4lbs Very Happy Very Happy and only have 7lbs to go to my goal weight Very Happy Maybe not the recommended way of losing weight but who cares Laughing
Just out of interest how many actual TTC Ladies are there on here now Question Not sure anymore and it's gone very quiet again Shocked
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:00 am 
Post subject:
Well I've just given myself a talking to Laughing and decided there's no point whining about things but doing nothing about it Smile
I've just been ordering the OH's vits on amazon and I spotted an old review of mine for the Nattokinase it was from February I think Question and I vaguely remember taking it for a while around January/Feb time Question the thing is I get bored and disillusioned quickly Embarassed Laughing and if something doesn't work right away I tend to give up on it Laughing
So reading the review where I was saying it was working great on the external scarring made me wonder why I ever stopped taking it Question (errr see above for answer to that Embarassed Laughing )
So anyway I thought while I'm taking the other stuff I might as well get some more natto and a bottle of serrapeptase for good measure Shocked Laughing so I've ordered 90 days worth of each so at least this time I can say I've given it a good shot as 3 months seems to be the key time all these things say to try them for Question Laughing
Good news on the going bald front is that since taking the pregnenolone the hair loss seems to have gone right down Very Happy , so hopefully that's keeping my other hormone levels in check Laughing and this mornings temp was 98F Shocked Question not sure what that means as I've only ever had such a low one in all the time I've off and on temped over the last 3yrs if I'm actually getting my surge Question
Maybe it's a good sign my hormones are normal as 'my normal' pre ov temp is usually much higher than other women's Question
It's definitely not my surge anyway as I panic checked my CP just in case Embarassed and although things are going in the right direction it wasn't an ov time cp Laughing
JellyBean73
Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:09 am 
Post subject:
Nat all my fingers & toes are crossed for and I have told my jelly Bean to cross his or hers too. Now all you have to do is relax! Very Happy Your posts make me laugh & cry all at the same time I seem to be an emotional mess at the moment.... Embarassed

To answer your previous post I dont think there are many trying to concieve at the moment unless they are but still at the stalking stage versus the participating stage! Twisted Evil
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:13 am 
Post subject:
Smile Aww Nat you do make me laugh hun.. and also emphasise too.. I know where you are coming from.. as I am also approaching 3 years... and could have had a baby and a toddler by now..lol (never just wanted 1 as it would have been a lonely child!)
Smile but for me 3 seems to be my special number.. I have 3 boys and 3 girls, I lost 3 babies. and its now been nearly 3 years since the op.. Wink
but equally I am ok to accept it didn`t happen for me.. I already have 6 wonderful kids, and now my youngest is 13, I am starting to get my life back.. I now have a p/t job, nothing mind blowing, but it gets me out of the house, and may lead to a better job.. Smile
also I would not be going back to Florida.. so there is that!! Smile and I have grandchildren to look forward to!! Smile Smile

we are only taking shop brand multi vits.. so we don't be ill for Florida lol..but nothing else.. I think it would drive me nuts tbh..

I really admire your fighting spirit Nat, and how strong you really are. I am also glad your OH is happy about ttc as well. Smile I have always wished you would get your happy ending ie a baby .. Smile and still wish your dreams would come true..as I think you really deserve this..

Always a sad day when the youngest leaves primary school ..although I was pretty relieved.. no more playground wars!! ... things change so fast.. in 2010 I had 6 kids living at home, I now have 4.. as one is at uni and the other lives with her bf.. and my 3rd child will be at uni in September 2014.. for me the gap now feels too big.. I also worry I would end up with something ridiculous like triplets!! what with 3 being my special number.. only you and you alone Nat will know if and when enough is enough.. for me I reckon I have reached that point..
Remenber your fertility does have a surge around 47.. as a fair few ladies in my area have got pregnant at that age.. and not planned to be!! ...jeez I have rambled on!!

Congratulations Helen on your BFP... Good luck Anna.. FX for you XX
Jellybean hope everything is going well XX

Good luck Faith.. xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx
Faith7
Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:17 am 
Post subject:
Thanks Nat, and I totally understand how you feel, I was like that after having my two IVF and fail in both Sad it wasn't easy and I was very down but since we decide to go for my op the hope has come back and I am feeling positive again Very Happy
Are you taking anything at the moment to boost your eggs quality or quantity? I didn't take anything on my first IVF but I took Dhea and Royal Jelly and Folic Acid on my second IVF and it made a massive difference I think on the first one I hade about 10 -12 follicles and 7 eggs and on the second I had about 27 follicles and about 12-15 eggs so I defently think is worth it that is why I started to take them now, They said you need to start about 3 moths before you start trying so I started now.

Jelly B so happy for you and a massive congrats on your pregnancy!!!!! Very Happy
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:51 am 
Post subject:
Faith i'm taking Royal Jelly and DHEA at the moment and the pregnenolone which is a pre cursor to DHEA and progesterone, I did try the DHEA before but only off and on (I tend to have fads Embarassed Laughing )It's good to hear it helped with your egg quantity second time round Very Happy Did you not have any frozen embryo's after that cycle then ? I'm going to take it for longer this time, or actually I might just take the pregnenelone on its own as your body can make DHEA from that and at least that way it can decide for itself how much it needs Question Laughing I really hope the op works for you, Dr Pickles seems to be good at getting two decent length tubes out of the op which is always a bonus Very Happy xx
Angel I was the same, wanted 2 close together but now I think one would be a bl**dy miracle Rolling Eyes Laughing
I have young grandchildren though so if we ever did just have the one they'd have play mates their age as that was also a concern of mine, honestly some days I think I'm already too old and too knackered for a baby Shocked Laughing and other days I feel 25 Laughing
I'm glad you're ok with it now, it is a little sad so few of our group got BFP's Sad just the luck of the draw I suppose but at least we can say we tried Smile , and I bet a couple of years from now when I've finally finished college and am working and we get to go on holiday more and have more couple time will probably be right when I fall bl**dy pregnant Rolling Eyes
I'll be 49 and up the duff like my gran Shocked Laughing
I'm the same with the kids, only 2 at home now instead of 4 Shocked the house seems too quiet at times and I often think the gap would be too big now for them to be close, but then there's a bigger gap of 15 yrs between my oldest and youngest anyway Question Laughing
Triplets Shocked Shocked I think that's maybe one too many for me Shocked Laughing twins maybe Wink Laughing
I don't mind taking supplements because I take vits and stuff anyway so it doesn't feel like doing anything extra Question , but I don't buy OPK's or pregnancy tests anymore and I only temp occasionally now, I think the OPK's and stuff can lead to obsession Embarassed Laughing
I'm not strong at all just very stubborn Embarassed Laughing but sometimes you just have to accept that however much you want something it doesn't mean it will happen, I think I'm getting there with that Laughing I wish we were going back to Florida soon Sad Laughing definitely next year though Very Happy xx
Jellybean I did a fair bit of stalking myself at first Laughing there always seem to be about 3 times as many viewing as posting, I didn't think we were that interesting Shocked Laughing awww bless your little baby bean with his or her fingers and toes crossed Very Happy Laughing Relax What? not sure what that means Question Laughing but I promise to try Cool Laughing xx
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:02 am 
Post subject:
Morning Ladies Very Happy
How are all the pregnant ladies feeling, hope it's not been too hot for you over the weekend Smile and hope all the try-ers have been having fun trying Wink Laughing
Well after the low temp Saturday morning in the evening I had loads of EWCM Shocked Shocked Shocked Laughing on cd 7 Shocked Shocked ( well possibly 8 if I count a bit of spotting as first day of AF which I wasn't doing Laughing ) Don't know if that's down to the DHEA, pregnenolone or the gallons of grapefruit juice I've been throwing down my neck Laughing but things are definitely moving fast this month as my OH has been super frisky over the weekend too which is always a sign ov is close Laughing and luckily he's on a course this week as well so he'll just be sitting in a classroom all day so he should have more energy than normal which is good as he's gonna need it Wink Laughing
I've decided if we go for it we might as well reeeeaaaaaally go for it Cool Laughing
Just a shame that at this rate the Natto was only dispatched on Saturday, but maybe it will be here today or tomorrow so I can at least take it for a couple of days before ov Question and it did seem to do the most good in the first week or so of taking it last time so maybe that's a positive too Question Very Happy
Oh and on a good note the pregnenolone seems to agree with me as my skins cleared up and my hair is no longer falling out and I now feel all calm and serene Shocked Laughing even though i'm still taking the DHEA with it , so maybe for me it helps balance out the negative side effects Question Very Happy
Have a great day while we still have the sun Ladies Very Happy xx
JellyBean73
Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:54 am 
Post subject:
All I can say to you Nat is I hope you have a fantastic and can still walk when all is said and done Twisted Evil

You definitely deserve it Jelly Bean still has her/his fingers and toes crossed for you xx Laughing
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:27 am 
Post subject:
Aww thanks Jelly bean and baby bean Very Happy Laughing
Well we have a return to rubbish british summer weather today Rolling Eyes Laughing was woken up at 6 am by torrential rain Shocked and thunder and lightening but at least the gardens get a thorough watering and the grass did need it so it's not all bad Laughing
As suspected my cat was pregnant and we woke up to 3 kittens under my daughters bed this morning Shocked , didn't think she would be due just yet if she was pregnant so it was a bit of a shock Laughing but mum and babies are doing well and are now tucked up nice and snug in my room away from the dog Laughing
Will be having words with the vet about this 'miracle' birth Rolling Eyes Laughing
Finally sold the caravan too and was surprised to feel a bit sad Question
It's sort of the end of an era though as it was actually the caravan I went back to straight after my op as the OH and the kids had stayed overnight at a lovely woodland site near the hospital as a bit of a treat for them Laughing plus our first TTC happened in that caravan Wink Laughing
So it did have memories of a time when I felt so happy and positive the op would work so I suppose there were bound to be mixed feelings Question
But at least now I can book our holiday for Easter so I'm sure that will cheer me up Very Happy Laughing
Still not got the Natto, the post here is verrrryyyyyy slow Rolling Eyes but hopefully that will come today and I'm only on cd10/11 so still time for it to do something before the weekend Thumb up and the Serrapeptase has been sent too so maybe that will show up as well Smile
I'm actually surprised how well the pregnenolone is going Shocked Question as the DHEA on it's own makes me spotty, have greasy hair (which also falls out Rolling Eyes ) and can make me a bit (lot Embarassed ) moody just before ov, especially when I've taken it with the dong quai as well, I think that makes it have a clomid like effect Rolling Eyes Laughing
Which is why I was considering just taking the pregnenolone once that arrived but since taking that as well it seems to have completely cancelled out the negatives of the DHEA Shocked and as a bonus it's calmed my pre ov jitters Laughing sometimes I get so wound up for a few days before ov when i'm trying something new and so desperate to get everything right this month I even annoy myself Embarassed Laughing but I actually feel quite calm and relaxed at the moment Shocked Cool Laughing I'm even off the booze completely as I can't see much point in trying to improve egg quality and then pickling the little buggers Laughing and wasn't tempted at the weekend when my OH had a couple (cue smug grin Very Happy )
So if you don't mind ladies I'll just list what i'm taking in case it helps and someone in the future wants to try it Wink Laughing
For Egg quality and Quantity:
DHEA ; 1 x 50mg once a day will switch to 2x 25mg one in the morning one in the evening, when new stuff arrives (started 2 days before AF at beginning of cycle)
Pregnenolone ; 1 x 30mg once a day in the morning from cd 5
Both taken all cycle
Royal Jelly 1,000 mg either once or twice a day depending on if I remember the second one Embarassed Laughing

For Tubal scarring:
Nattokinase ; (just arrived Yayyyy Very Happy )3 x 2,000 FU's in 3 doses so 9 total for a dose of 18,000 a day Shocked Laughing from cd 10 after 1 week dose can be reduced to 2x 2,000 x 3 ( 6 capsules) doses and then after another week to 1 x 2,00 x 3 doses ( 3 capsules)
Serrapeptase ; now taking from cd 11: 2 x 20,000 IU x 3 doses a day, that needs to be taken about an hour before food so I find this the hardest to take Rolling Eyes Laughing
Both of these can continue all cycle

For lots of EWCM and general help Laughing :
Eating plenty of protein and avoiding white sugar and simple carbs ( part of the whole low GI thing anyway so easy to do ) as processed sugars and carbs disrupt normal hormone balance.
Drinking lots of spring water and grapefruit and pineapple juice, the IVF Ladies always get told to drink 2 litres a day so i'm trying to get up to that but have to admit it's a struggle Laughing
Drinking more though helps with healthy tubal mucus as well as the right sort of ewcm so I really should try harder Embarassed Laughing
I've also dug out the chamomile tea with cinnamon (both are supposed to be good for fertility) and am brewing that up with some of the false unicorn root I have left, the False unicorn is a bit sketchy on the details of how it helps but it doesn't taste too bad and is supposed to do something so might as well give it a shot Laughing that's from cd12
The grapefruit juice alongside the water i'm convinced does help with ewcm from times I've tried it before and as an extra boost I might take some EPO for the last couple of days before ov as well Smile
The dose I have is 1,000mg and I will take 2 a day one in the morning and one in the evening from about cd 12/13 as I ov around cd14/15 normally Smile and
I'm avoiding caffeine as it has been shown to have a negative effect on the rhythmic motion of the tubal muscles that helps propel the sperm and egg along Shocked and constricts blood vessels so it can have a negative effect on your lining too Shocked I only drink decaff anyway but will cut that out before the weekend as well Sad and sadly will have to avoid chocolate as well Sad Laughing
I think that about covers it Laughing

Last edited by DL05 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Helen10
Posted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:55 pm 
Post subject:
Hi ladies I hope you are all well, haven't been on much as im absolutely shattered opted to do summer school for a week although its easy im exhausted. Role on thursday hubby and I will be celebrating our first wedding anniversary. Going to York for the day friday and staying over in a nice hotel.
My consultant who did my op phoned me yesterday to say that my hcg levels had not only doubled but where almost 4 times as higher than the ones done two days previous, so hes pretty confident that its not eptopic ( although suggested it could be twins!!) My gp has referred me for an urgent scan so I know for sure before I go on holiday xx

helen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 94, 95, 96  Next
Page 52 of 96

Jump to:  

Community

Popular