Getting pregnant after sterilisation reversall part 14

Jillybeanz2011
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:15 am 
Post subject:
call me a dumb blonde but how do you use these ov sticks?? I have been using them from day 11 of my cycle but nothing it s now day 14!!! yesterday was a very faint pink line. my cycle is normally 26-28 days long.... Surprised
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:11 pm 
Post subject:
Jillybeanz you need to hold your pee for a bit before doing them , it needs to be a fairly strong sample to get a good result, I used to use first morning pee for mine and then test more than once a day if I got a decent second line , if you just test once a day you can miss it and the line can go from faint to very strong within an hour or two and then back down to barely there again quite quickly , if you don't get any more lines the chances are good that yesterdays line was either the beginning or end of your surge Question
The timing would be about right, so I'd BD tonight if you didn't last night and FX you catch that egg Smile xx
shellypenton
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:17 pm 
Post subject:
NAT-- I TALKED TO MY DOCTOR YESTERDAY AND SHE SAID THAT IF THEY WERE BLOCKED THEY WOULD TRY TO UNBLOCKED THEM AT THE SAME TIME THEY DO HSG. I GO SEE MY DOCOTR ON THE 15TH AND SHE WILL SET UP THE TEST THEN.. WHAT IS THE PROCESS OF THE HSG TEST. DO THEY PUT U TO SLEEP? DOES IT HURT?

MUNCHKIN, QUINNY,JELLYBEANZ,PUMPKIN, PIGGY HOW ARE U LADIES DOING TODAY!!!
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:35 pm 
Post subject:
The HSG isn't painful its a bit like a smear test they use the speculum so they can see what they're doing (so you do have to lie in a very undignified way Rolling Eyes Laughing )then they put a fine plastic catheter through the cervix, usually it has a little balloon they inflate to keep it in place, then they put the contrast solution through and watch the x-ray screen to see if it flows into the tubes, I know some US Ladies say they were sedated, but over here you're not, taking ibuprofen before hand and something called Buscopan (can't find a US brand name for it ), its an anti spasmodic drug used mainly for IBS spasms the active ingredient is Hyoscine Butylbromide it basically relaxes smooth muscles like your bowel and also you fallopian tubes so can help prevent spasms during the HSG, of the women on here who used it non had spasms .
Some women get cramping when the dye goes in, I had a moment of cramping with the balloon being inflated, but I didn't feel anything else , its good they will try and unblock there and then if there is a problem, did she say if they do the tubal cannulation or will they just try higher dye pressure ? The cannulation is successful 80-90% of the time with blockages Very Happy xx
Well don't know whats going on with me today, the tiredness, heartburn and sore boobs are back with a vengeance this afternoon but my temp is still low Rolling Eyes and I keep getting that watery mouth feeling like just before you throw up Rolling Eyes although knowing my luck that will be some gastro thing Rolling Eyes Laughing just wish AF would stop messing me about now and just show up so I can get on to month two of my plan Embarassed Laughing
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:31 am 
Post subject:
Morning Ladies, Hope you're all well today Very Happy
I started getting some mild cramping yesterday and woke up a few times last night with what felt like AF pains Rolling Eyes (was actually expecting the witch to be here this morning) and then my temp was back up to 99.2F this morning Shocked Confused Rolling Eyes my boobs feel heavy again and just generally sore and my cm was more white again Rolling Eyes am thinking if mondays dip was the corpus luteum dying off then surely AF would have arrived by now Question
I've been irritable but not as bad as normal PMT (just mildly grumpy Laughing )and I've not had any sugar cravings , in fact yesterday and the day before I wasn't hungry at all Shocked not like me Embarassed Laughing
But I even had a couple of glasses of rose last night because I was so convinced I would come on overnight Question
I didn't even want to test the other day but now I've got that nagging voice in the back of my mind saying you should test Rolling Eyes Laughing
This crazy temps thing it driving me nuts Rolling Eyes Laughing
Don't know if I can hold out until Saturday Embarassed Laughing
I might see what my temps like tomorrow and if its high still then I might test eeek I was so proud of myself for not buying tests this month though I wanted to get all the way to AF without testing Shocked Embarassed Rolling Eyes Laughing
Jillybeanz2011
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:54 am 
Post subject:
DL x I can't help but feel a little excited for you.. when was af due? Smile
shellypenton
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:47 pm 
Post subject:
MORNING LADIES!!

HOW IS EVERYONE TODAY?

I'M FEELING DOWN Sad Sad Sad . LAST NIGHT I WAS SO TIRED AND KNEW I HAD TO BD SO I TELL OH TO LETS HURRY UP SO I CAN GO TO SLEEP AND HE SAID Y CANT WE JUST ENJOY AND TAKE IT SLOW. I SAID NO Laughing Laughing WELL AS I WAS GETTING MY PRE SEED READY I JUST STARTING CRYING. HE ASKED WHAT WAS WRONG AND I SAID I FEEL LIKE HE DOESNT WANT THIS AS MUCH AS I DO ANYMORE AND HE SAID THAT WASNT TRUE BUT THAT I WAS JUST TRYING TO HARD AND NOT ENJOYING EVERYTHING.. WELL I TOLD HIM THAT I DONT HAVE TIME AND I FEEL LIKE THAT IM DOING EVERYTHING TO HAVE A BABY. TAKING MEDICINES, INSERTING CREAM UP IN ME Laughing Laughing AND ALL THE TESTING AND TEMPS. I WAS JUST SO OVERWELMED THAT I TOLD HIM I WAS GIVING UP THAT ITS TO DEPRESSING.. SO I WENT TO BED WITHOUT BD.. I DID OV TEST THIS MORNING AND IT WAS NEG.. I JUST WANT TO GIVE UP AND SAY THE HELL WITH IT.. ALL I DO IS CRY LATELY. DONT KNOW IF ITS THE MEDS ARE WHAT. THEY JUST DONT REALIZE WHAT WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH. AND I DID THIS SURGERY FOR HIM BECAUSE HE WANTED A BABY OF HIS OWN..I DID TOO BUT HE WANTED IT MORE AND NOW THAT IM EXCITED ABOUT TRYING TO HAVE ANOTHER..

I GUESS IM TRYING TO HARD. IM SO SAD TODAY I JUST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE. I JUST WANT TO STOP WITH THE MEDS AND IF IT HAPPENS THEN IT DOES. THATS WHAT MY MIND TELLS ME TO DO BUT MY HEART TELLS ME TO KEEP PUSHING FORWARD..

IM SORRY I JUST HAD TO VENT.........
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:49 pm 
Post subject:
Shelly hun I think we've all been there, it does get hard and as the woman you can feel like you're doing everything and feeling all the pressure and they're sailing through it all Rolling Eyes especially as time seems to pass faster for the man Question But he is right in that as hard as it is relaxing does help, stress messes up your hormones and your cycles and sex should still be fun and not just a chore and you don't really have to do it every day around ov time if the moods not right Smile
The clomid could have a lot to answer for as it can cause mood swings , but then once you have it I suppose you feel like you should take it to give you the best shot Question
Some women get pregnant on a clomid break though, a lot of docs here suggest doing 3 months and then having a month off before doing the last 3 months, and if you're feeling very stressed then a month off might be a good idea Question
Sometimes you do have to take a step back or you'll drive yourself nuts xxx

Shocked Jillybeanz i'm not due until saturday Embarassed Laughing but this last week has been a bit mad with some weird things going on , I used to be a serial tester from far too early really (7DPO was the earliest Embarassed )
So I was trying to hang on and not test unless AF was a no show Laughing , I know deep down it won't be anything but the weird temps and lack of normal pre AF signs are driving me nuts now Laughing xx

Just for future reference when i'm driving myself nuts next month Rolling Eyes Laughing , today at 13DPO I have heartburn, my boobs are huge and sore again (all over) white cm, cp high and soft , bit bloated, total lack of appetite and if I do eat I feel like I've wolfed down a full christmas dinner Laughing watery mouth and my stupid temp shot up to 99.5F this afternoon, I've also had mild cramps since yesterday and my lower belly feels weirdly full Question
Last might I woke up having hot flushes Rolling Eyes
Oh and I've not had my usual pre AF spot breakout yet Embarassed Laughing
JakesMommy
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:17 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck nat Smile
well had my consultation today the consultant said in his medical and profesional opinio
i dont need any treatment and need to relax .Easy for him to say he not hearing the tick tock of my biological clock
Anyhows he would not do IUI and if we did proceed need IVF this will cost
£2800 . he has given us untill june to decide which way wr would like to proceed
In the mean time we have to have blood test done for HIV and Hep b/c
this can be done by our gp for free or he can do for £50 each
. we also have to attend a group meeting on the28th feb
Then we can sign the consent papers if we decide this route is for us . So have alot to think about
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:39 pm 
Post subject:
quinny2008 wrote:
Good luck nat Smile
well had my consultation today the consultant said in his medical and profesional opinio
i dont need any treatment and need to relax .Easy for him to say he not hearing the tick tock of my biological clock
Anyhows he would not do IUI and if we did proceed need IVF this will cost
£2800 . he has given us untill june to decide which way wr would like to proceed
In the mean time we have to have blood test done for HIV and Hep b/c
this can be done by our gp for free or he can do for £50 each
. we also have to attend a group meeting on the28th feb
Then we can sign the consent papers if we decide this route is for us . So have alot to think about

Hi ladies.

Quinny do u live near the hospital hun?? We've emailed them n coz we live so far away they've told u to go on the hfea website n find one closer but they're so expensive. Looks like we may not bother if they can't / won't treat us...... Once again feel so let down :0( xx

Fx Nat. Xx

Hope everyone is well?? I'm just startin wiv a rotton cold. Xx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:52 pm 
Post subject:
were 60 miles away hun . Im sorry they have said ypu need to find closer hospital
I dident think it matterd distance ad your a private patient
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:43 pm 
Post subject:
They're just over 100 miles away from me. Never felt so low as i do now. Crying or Very sad xx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:21 am 
Post subject:
Munchkin I'd email them back and say you really want to use them and are prepared to travel to do so even if it means over night stays in the area, maybe butter them up with some comments about their great reputation Smile , it might have just been some well meaning office worker who thought you didn't realise how far they were Question Don't give up yet hun Smile(and get yourself some high dose vit c for that cold ) xx

Anna that must have been annoying Rolling Eyes trust a man to say something like that , have you any idea if you're going to do it Question Maybe deciding to go for it and having that back up plan might mean you could relax enough for it to just happen, its been the case on here before Question Laughing xx

Well i'm out Sad I caved last night and bought a test and there wasn't even a hint of a line this morning at 14DPO and it was an early test so i think I can safely say AF will be here later or tomorrow Rolling Eyes
I decided in the end I'd rather have a bit of warning, especially as I will be out for most of tomorrow . I was expecting it though, despite the crazy hormones this week Rolling Eyes Laughing
Never mind it was the first month can't expect miracles Shocked Laughing
Have a good day Ladies Smile xx
Angelcake71
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:54 am 
Post subject:
Morning ladies.. Smile

NAT!! I can`t leave you for 5 minutes!!!! Laughing was reading your post and saying..`step away from the tests`.. I am sorry that it was a BFN.. aggghh
hope you are ok xx

Evie and Anna good luck on the next step of the journey FX it works for you.. good price too xx

Pumpkin good luck with the adoption process you so deserve a happy ending! xx

Piggy and Shelly P hope you are both doing ok xx

Welcome to the new ladies and good luck with your op..
oops best introduce myself.. Embarassed for those that dont know me.. I am Angel aged 41
I had my reversal in 2010 got pregnant a month later but it was ectopc, so i lost my right tube and beanie.. got pregnant 2 more times after that but m/c both times just before I reached 6 weeks.. made the hard decision to stop ttc in summer 2012..
and decided the best way to get over it was to book a holiday.. so we are off to Florida in October 2013.. can`t wait for that.. so I am just avoiding bd..til after October!!

I was advised to have ivf.. rather than a reversal.. but i chose reversal to give me more than 1 shot!! ... the ladies on this site are fab!! .. need to know anything ask
Nat `The Oracle` . Very Happy .. who i best keep an eye on! Smile

Rach, Janey Meesh and Mand and Lilemm hope you and your little ones are doing ok xx
Take care and have a fab day xx
Angel Baby due 21/6/2012 (m/c)
All 3 much loved and wanted xx

Last edited by Angelcake71 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:08 am 
Post subject:
Shocked You caught me Angel Embarassed Laughing I was being ever so good though and waited until 14 DPO Very Happy Laughing
Its probably for the best anyway as we're about to book Florida too Very Happy , in fact I came on the computer to check out prices and got side tracked Embarassed Laughing
Not sure on dates yet, we can go pretty much any time so will have a look and then decide Very Happy But we might be there around the same time Very Happy
Are you thinking of casually trying after October then ? Or just leaving things to mother nature Question and why do I seem to be aging quicker than the rest of you Question Embarassed Laughing xxx
I have to say deep down I have a gut feeling it won't happen for us now, but i'm ok with that really and just giving these enzymes a shot so at least I know I tried Question
I'm only doing 3 or 4 months max though as we have so many other plans and I don't want to go back to putting things off in case it happens Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 7 of 103

Jump to:  

Community

Popular