Anxiety, is it normal!?

melamoox
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 pm 
Post subject: Anxiety, is it normal!?
So I am 31weeks now & I have found myself over thinking everything and worrying I haven't done stuff.

When I'm leaving the house I check all the doors are locked & everything turned off, as soon as I leave I start to worry that I haven't checked everything and find myself going back to check. I'm constantly checking I have my purse and keys too when I leave also.

It's everything! If I've used the cooker I keep checking I've turned off the gas, if I've been in the fridge/freezer I have to check I've closed the door properly, if I've used my hair straighteners I have to sit & wait for them to cool down before I can leave.

It's driving me insane!! I can't ask my partner as he won't understand & I don't want to ask my midwife and seem silly..

Is Anyone else been through this or going through this or am I just going crazy!? Please help Sad
srenee
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:48 pm 
Post subject: Re: Anxiety, is it normal!?
OMG you are not going crazy!!! I am pregnant with my second pregancy, I lost my first in September Sad . I am only about 6-7 weeks ( not to sure really last scan which they think was 5 weeks they couldnt find gestational sac yet) but Im acting the same... i actully called my mother in law to drive all the way to my house 45 minutes away to see if I left the stove on LOL!! YOU ARE NORMAL
melamoox
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:41 pm 
Post subject:
Sorry to hear that, at the beginning of mine I had some bleeding & was told I would loose him but here I am almost 32 weeks! i think this is maybe why im worrying so much.

Today I abandoned my plans of going out because I could not stop thinking if I'd turned everything off!
I feel like I'm going crazy but to know that your feeling the same helps! Smile

Let me know how your pregnancy goes, I don't have any pregnant friends to talk to its very lonely! Laughing
srenee
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:52 pm 
Post subject:
NO your not going crazy, but your partner might Laughing I drive my husband crazy!!! I would love to keep in contact with you, none of my friends are pregnant either. They all had their children already, it has taken me 10 years to get this far. Im already 39. Try making yourself just check 2 times and leave, you already know it is anxiety and not that you just forgot. I try to do it too. I hope this helps Very Happy
amyxpearce
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:55 pm 
Post subject:
Yea I'm like this too :S I check everything. I was even worse after the birth of my first...but then it settled down when she was about 6 months x
Posted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:38 am 
Post subject:
A good tip for you...if you're going out and know you'll worry about the oven or something take a pic of the controls on your phone that way you can check when you're out

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:15 pm 
Post subject:
I'm suffering anxiety at the moment as well - but rather than it focusing on the house etc - I panic that while I am out someone might hit my son, or my son might fall from the buggy or whatever, or that if I go to someone's house, they might take him away and not let me hold him, or whatever - it's so silly but is really affecting where I go and who I see - I'm getting realy wound up about my MIL especially Sad

I would say talk to your midwife hun - they can help you realise that it is a hormonal thing and will pass and may give you hints and tips. I'm seeing mine in 3 weeks and plan to talk with her about how I feel as I can't carry on this way but like you say - it's hard to talk to someone because you think you're going mad - but it IS just the hormones and will calm down again Smile x

juliebarns
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:25 pm 
Post subject: Totally Normal
Don't even worry a bit! This is totally normal to be going through things like this. There is nothing to be worried about. These kinds of things happen to me all the time!
-----------------------------
Julie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular