re useable nappies

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:54 pm 
Post subject: re useable nappies
Sorry if in wrong section

I'm considering using these for this one but i know absolutely nothing about them lol.

Can anyone give me a full run down. Do they save money ? Do you buy diff sizes like disposable ? Do they come in different parts ? I'm not fused about pretty ones as such plain white is fine. Where can i buy reasonably cheap ones that are good ?

Sorry for all questions i am a.complete novice at this one !

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:59 pm 
Post subject:
I used them for oliver and Tilly is just going into the birth to potty ones now.

We use terry towels with the cotton bottom wraps..and the birth to potty ones ate just ebay cheapies.
Then you have a liner on top..I I used reusable liners for a oliver as a weaned baby..but for younger baby I used disposable liners.

Im on my phone at mo so will take me for ever to link lol but have a look on ebay for reusable nappies.

Have a look at goreal.org, fill your pants.com and the nappy lady x
Faerydae
Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:49 pm 
Post subject:
I use them Smile I have birth to potty ones, the type I use have the main bit and 2 inserts which you stuff inside them.

top brand ones can go for around £15 each but I only have 2 or 3 of these, have a search for DudeyBaba, that's where most of mine are from, they're really cheap but really good Smile
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 am 
Post subject:
I used Kushies for 2 of mine, they're an all in one nappy, I just put them in the wash at the end of the day and tumble dried them and they were ready the next day. You can't use a washable at night, they are not absorbent enough you'll still need a disposable at night time.
Faerydae
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:30 am 
Post subject:
thatonethere wrote:
I used Kushies for 2 of mine, they're an all in one nappy, I just put them in the wash at the end of the day and tumble dried them and they were ready the next day. You can't use a washable at night, they are not absorbent enough you'll still need a disposable at night time.

I use cloth nappies at night without a problem Smile I either use night time inserts or just put an extra day insert in Smile
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:06 pm 
Post subject:
I use Kushies sometimes with my little man, but found that the sizes weren't quite right - the ones he has now are 10-22lbs and are really too small for him, but he's only 17lbs6... so a bit disappointed that they haven't lasted as long as they should have for him. Still - I shall use them for the next baby too - but when we go out and about I do use disposables as I find it easier than carrying the bulky reusable dirty around with me, and I don't worry about leaks with the disposables, whereas like I said - the reusables we have aren't big enough and may leak if he does a number 2... >.<

I may go searching for dudeybabas though if they come recommended! Smile x

Faerydae
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:21 pm 
Post subject:
MingoMayo wrote:

I may go searching for dudeybabas though if they come recommended! Smile x

yeah I swear by these ones now Smile so far had no leaks and can get 10 nappies for £40 with 2 inserts for each one aswell so seriously cheap compared to things like BumGenius Smile

they have LOADS of designs aswell in minky or normal fabric and poppers or velcro Smile
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:12 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks hun! Smile x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Nappies, Changing and Potty Training All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular