I'm teething!

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:09 pm 
Post subject: I'm teething!
Lol i know its a bit of a random subject title but my wisom tooth on my bottom right is coming through and its REALLY painful, can I use normal bongela even though I'm pregnant? xx

Last edited by XxAvasmummyxX on Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:12 pm 
Post subject:
I'm sure it says on it not to use of you are pregnant. Take a paracetamol to ease the pain x

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:17 pm 
Post subject:
boooo lol it probably does. Paracetemol is doing nothing the pain is actually radiating across all of the teeth on that side. So funny because my top ones came through when I was pregnant with Ava. They weren't as painful though. Ive found frozen peas to be a god send lol but I cant walk around with a bag of peas strapped to my face Laughing xx

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:43 pm 
Post subject:
I had an infection in mine when I was pregnant and the pharmacist said I could use clove oil.

It tastes disgusting but really numbs it

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:06 pm 
Post subject:
Clove oil isn't recommended (obv didn't do you any harm Claire), and neither is Bonjela as it contains a type of aspirin. I usually recommend using baby bonjella as perfectly safe and should numb it. And paracetamol. Hope it feels better soon xx

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:52 pm 
Post subject:
try rubbing the affected gum with some whiskey, and no I don't mean drink it, just rub the gum with it, should work a treat thats what they used to use. Laughing

keltru
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:58 pm 
Post subject:
That's really strange cos my bottom right wisdom tooth is coming through at the moment too! It's not as painful now though. I can't remember when my others came through but it may have been round the time that I had Emilia. X x

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:26 pm 
Post subject:
xxHeathxx wrote:
Clove oil isn't recommended (obv didn't do you any harm Claire), and neither is Bonjela as it contains a type of aspirin. I usually recommend using baby bonjella as perfectly safe and should numb it. And paracetamol. Hope it feels better soon xx

Clove oil is a natural substance? It even says on the NHS website it is fine.

I was told no teething gel was ok as they all contain alcohol and it can pass to the baby (even though calgel says suitable from birth Question )

xxHeathxx
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:29 am 
Post subject:
I work in Boots and is says on the label it isn't recommended, strange.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:08 am 
Post subject:
xxHeathxx wrote:
I work in Boots and is says on the label it isn't recommended, strange.

It seems to be one of the great unknowns. I have looked it up on the internet and some sites say ok in small amounts, others say not at all. One site said not to give to children under 2, another said children under 12.

I suppose it depends on how you are taking it, as it seems you can use it as a mouth wash, and for sickness and indigestion (wouldnt want to) so if you drink it its more likely to cause harm then rubbing a bit on a tooth.

Back to the original question another thing recommended was soluble paracetamol and rinse it round the tooth before swallowing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular