Failed sweep and examination :(

wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:57 pm 
Post subject: Failed sweep and examination :(
Well I was all excited about my sweep today as I have been told that with subsequent babies they are more likely to work.
Anyway, because I have a tilted cervix and the babies head has now dropped so low she just couldnt get to my cervix to do anything. I was gutted, couldn't tell if I was dilated at all couldn't do the sweep, no progress Sad
Got another sweep booked for Wednesday but if that is useless again I will just leave it rather than have anymore because it was really painful and uncomfortable Sad
Feeling completely fed up now!

ShevAndNissyNoo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:24 pm 
Post subject:
Ahh hun, did you manage to ask about a possible induction?

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:27 pm 
Post subject:
Oh hun what a shame. I hated having sweeps when I was pregnant with Harry.

Really hope it isnt long for you. Have you got a gym ball you can get on? It might help a little xx

Mummy2Harry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:34 pm 
Post subject:
awww poor u Sad hope ur not waiting long hun xx
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:02 pm 
Post subject:
My cervix wasn't favourable at either of my sweeps. At second one she said she'd have a really good poke around even though she couldn't do sweep 'as you never know' and voila that night labour started. Laughing

She also said sex would help but didn't get that far as ball got rolling by itself so to speak.
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:22 pm 
Post subject:
See she couldn't eve get near my cervix, couldn't touch it at all as it was so far back and the babies head had dropped in the way. I am quite calm about it, trying not to get myself as stressed out as I did when overdue with my daughter. I think some people are just over cookers and I am one of them Sad I'm hoping she will be here at some point this week though and not keep me waiting as long as her big sister did!

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:48 am 
Post subject:
With a second labour you can go from no signs of anything to giving birth hours later though Smile Its not like first time round where the first stage is all drawn out, so you could still go into labour very soon Smile
Have you tried anything like the clary sage Question you can massage it into your bump in a carrier oil or put it into a bath , I know long baths helped with my SPD , and my DD used it as she didn't want to go overdue recently and went into labour after using it a few times and when she was in early labour it seemed to get things really moving as well when she put it in her bath Question
I was a bit sceptical but it worked for her and she had her first baby 3 days before her due date Smile Even if it doesn't work its a good excuse for a nice long soak in a warm bath Smile Hope you're not waiting too long now xxx
wannaBmummy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:16 pm 
Post subject:
I think I am addicted to clary sage! I absolutely love the stuff have been having it in hot baths from about 37 weeks and massaging it on my tum, it's driving my hubby and daughter mad as they dont like the smell! The amount of times I have heard 'eugh mummy you STINK!'
I think it all just boils down to when the baby wants to come. I agree that there are things you can do to help the process, like epo, rlt, walking etc. but I dot think no matter what you do nothing will happen until the time is right.
I saw on a forum about how to bring on labour a woman wrote 'pineapple worked for me, I ate a Chinese dish with pineapple in it and 3 days later I was in labour!' ........um maybe thy was just coincidence! Lol!

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:02 pm 
Post subject:
Yeah I think 3 days later is pushing it a bit for labour starting Laughing I'd agree baby won't come until its ready, you only have to look at all the failed inductions to see that makes sense,and its actually baby who controls contractions starting normally, I do think the clary sage definately helped my DD while in early labour though, after a bath in the stuff she massaged it into her bump as well and her contractions really picked up Shocked she wasn't too impressed at the time mind you so FX it helps once you're in labour, Its not worth tiring yourself out trying all the possible methods only to end up sore and uncomfortable though , especially with the SPD , I know some midwives swear by positioning though to get the natural process going so it might be worth a look if you haven't already tried it xxx
Lexismum
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:46 am 
Post subject:
I keep lurking to see how your doing Smile

I had 2 failed sweeps hun, nothing worked i hated every day i went over Sad Id just say keep busy try n have things planned. Baby will be here before you know it xx

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:34 pm 
Post subject:
Whistle anynews? Smile
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:55 pm 
Post subject:
No news is good news?? Lol hope you've got your baby in your arms Wink xx
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:15 pm 
Post subject:
Sad no news yet ladies, think she is in there for the long haul! So going for a nice date night with hubby tonight to take my mind off of how huuuuuuge and STILL pregnant I am!

Zee81
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:03 pm 
Post subject:
Aww poo :Sad enjoy your date night x
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:16 am 
Post subject:
Aww a date night that close is a lovely idea. Hope you enjoyed your night and baby doesn't keep you waiting much longer xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular