universal credit

xyvonne82x
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:20 pm 
Post subject: universal credit
hey ladies x i haved just joined asin 5 mins ago, i am mom to noni-jean who is 17months old going on 7 , love her dearly tho xx I was wandering if anyone knows about this universal credit thats coming in this year. I am on income suppot, child benefit and child tax credits and don't know where my income is going to be at? Question
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:31 pm 
Post subject:
I think if you are already getting benefits the universal credit is being phased in. Its only for new claimants at the moment. Or so I understand.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/policy/welfare-reform/universal-credit/

From here it says new claims from October, and existing claims to be phased out by 2017.

jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:02 am 
Post subject:
This is the first I''ve heard about these changes! Shocked do you know if it will affect how much money you receive or does it just mean that it''ll be the same amount but put into one payment? The website doesn't explain very well.

steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:03 am 
Post subject:
jennaxhx wrote:
This is the first I''ve heard about these changes! Shocked do you know if it will affect how much money you receive or does it just mean that it''ll be the same amount but put into one payment? The website doesn't explain very well.

From what I read if your new entitlement is less then what you were getting they will keep you to your old payments.

But it says that people should be better off, but there is nothing that explains how it is worked out.

I think its going to be a big mess.

ClairaBell
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:40 pm 
Post subject:
For those in council/Housing Association accommodation there will also be bedroom tax (if you didn't already know). If you are underoccupied according to the government definition you will need to pay so much per each spare bedroom. If you don't pay it, the same rules apply as if you were in rent arrears.
This is for the people who receive ahy type of housing benefit. xx
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular