question...

nanin91
Newcomer
Newcomer
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:32 am 
Post subject: question...
at 4 weeks along is it normal not to see anything on an ultrasound? i had light bleeding for about a week and one day of heavy bleeding, with small clots...my hcg levels were 16000 and very light cramps...i guess im holding out hope that i didnt miscarry....i have another ultra sounds next week to confirm...
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:41 am 
Post subject:
At 4 weeks they often can't see anything other than a thickened lining on an ultrasound, by 5 weeks a sac should be visible and a fetal pole may be visible and by 6 weeks there should be a heartbeat, but thats not set in stone, if you have a retroverted uterus it can take longer to be able to see something Question , its very hard to say as you can have quite heavy bleeding and still be pregnant , I hope you get good news next week xx
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:19 am 
Post subject:
I was scanned at 5 weeks and they could only see a sac, I was scanned 4 days later and there was a sac and fetal pole, then a week later there was a heartbeat too! Dont panic - its amazing how quickly they grow at that stage! I cant quite remember the numbers but I remember the sonographer was a bit shocked that everything had developed so much in only 4 days!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> Pregnancy Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular