Implant

Caz3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:24 am 
Post subject: Implant
Hi ladies, I had the implant put in just before Christmas. Since then I've felt like I've got serious PMT all the time. Even my husband asked if my period was due as I am "so moody" Rolling Eyes ....I'm also so emotional! Cry over silly things & that's not like me at all. My period has disappeared this month, I've just had some spotting. I'm beginning to wonder if I've done the right thing!? Have any of you got the implant? Did u have any side affects? I'm just hoping it'll all settle down! Any replies would be great Smile I want to try and at least leave it in for 6 months, but don't know how long I can carry on feeling such a mess Confused
X
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:25 am 
Post subject:
The implant seems to vary massively in how it affects people Question I only had mine 4-5 months before I insisted it came out as I was moody, felt nauseous, couldn't sleep, had hot sweats, had irregular bleeding, and was just a mess but I know people who've been fine with it and gone on to have a second one fitted Question
Some docs will offer the pill as well for a couple of months to try and counteract some of the side effects , might be worth asking before giving up on it , I know how you feel though because I just couldn't wait that long , it had to come out and I switched to the mini pill and was fine on that Smile Hope you get it sorted xx
Banoffee
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:35 am 
Post subject:
My sister had it and she started showing all the signs of a menopausal woman! Hot sweats and very crabby. She had it removed and is now back to her normal self but the doctor kept telling her it will settle! I've heard of a lot of women have similar problems with the implant.
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:41 am 
Post subject:
I have it and was warned it can take a good 6 months to settle. I had it 3 weeks after I had George in Jan 12 and nurse said as I was breastfeeding I would probably miss the settlign in period. It has been fine for me no problems at all so far. I stopped feeding end of November and have just got my 1st AF.
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:24 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks for your reply's. i have literally felt like i'm going crazy lately since i had the implant put in. And to top it all today i'm spotting again Sad Maybe it just doesn't suit me, but ill try and leave it in another month and see how i get on. x
jennaxhx
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:29 pm 
Post subject:
I seem to have went crazy since I got it. Massive mood swings and bleeding for weeks at a time. Mines is due out this Juneand iI won't be getting a new one!

EmzandFlick
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:08 pm 
Post subject:
I have been on the implant for years now and never had any problems with it Confused
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:11 pm 
Post subject:
I was very violent when I had mine and bled constantly so became extremely anemic. Had mine taken out early but the side effects still took a few months to go after it had been taken out. Never again!

Caz3
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:03 pm 
Post subject:
jennaxhx wrote:
I seem to have went crazy since I got it. Massive mood swings and bleeding for weeks at a time. Mines is due out this Juneand iI won't be getting a new one!

Sounds like me! My mood swings have been terrible, I've always had PMT but the way I'm feeling now is 10x worse. My spotting today has now turned into a full force AF .. My body doesn't know what's going on Crying or Very sad
RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:45 pm 
Post subject:
i had the merina coil removed for the same reason.. that and it was blocking me from losing weight.. i had it removed and lost over a stone... >< x

Jump to:  

Community

Popular