Girls Names

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:47 am 
Post subject: Girls Names
I dont remember name choosing being so difficult..

I will just keep adding the names I like and I will let you guys be the judge xx

Girls names I like:

1. Emily (Thinking of spelling it unusually)
2. Eloise (Ellie)
3. Evelyn
4. Elissa
5. Willow
6. Rosie
7. Eve (or Evie)
8. Ella
9. Sophie
10. Keira
11. Aimée
12. Robyn
13. Amélie

Girls names hubby likes:

1. Siobhan
2. Sian

Family names (for middle name):

1. Margaret
2. Christina
3. Patricia
4. Grace
5. Jane
6. Or any of the first names I've chosen

Last edited by XxAvasmummyxX on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:41 am; edited 11 times in total
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:13 am 
Post subject:
I really like the sound of Emily Margaret.. Emily was my great grandfathers sister and margaret is my great grandmothers name, she is 90 and this may be the last child born into the family she may see so thought it would be very appropriate but I dont want my daughter to hate me for giving her an old fasioned middle name.. Does anyone hate their middle name for whatever reason? xx

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:22 am 
Post subject:
My niece is Emily Jane although she only gets called it when she is naughty. Most of the time she is known as Milly.

I like Emily Grace though x

RachN3Babies
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:46 am 
Post subject:
I like Emily Smile and middle names are only really used for important documents and when they are in trouble haha. I think though for ease if you have a long first name a short middle name is better.. Like Emily is 3 syllables so grace and Jane go nice Smile also depends on initials.. I had a friend at school whos nickname was jam because they were his initials.. X
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:52 am 
Post subject:
Avasmummy, Emily and Caitlin are both lovely and sound really nice with Ava too!
I don't think Emily is plain, it's really pretty.
I love the reasons for giving her the middle name Margaret! I'm sure it would mean the world to your Great Grandma and when you tell your daughter why you chose it when she's older she will probably think it's really special.
At the end of the day though, you and your OH go with what you love and her name will be perfect Very Happy
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:53 am 
Post subject:
Her surname with begin with T, yeh I like Emily Grace too! I pretty much dead set on her first name I think.. I know its just a 4d scan but she really does look like and Emily Laughing

WantToBeAMummy
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 am 
Post subject:
Rachynharry, I'd never thought of Milly been used as a nickname for Emily! I think that's really nice! Smile
XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:57 am 
Post subject:
WantToBeAMummy wrote:
Avasmummy, Emily and Caitlin are both lovely and sound really nice with Ava too!
I don't think Emily is plain, it's really pretty.
I love the reasons for giving her the middle name Margaret! I'm sure it would mean the world to your Great Grandma and when you tell your daughter why you chose it when she's older she will probably think it's really special.
At the end of the day though, you and your OH go with what you love and her name will be perfect Very Happy

Thats the thing Its a big family name so I think it would be lovely for my great grandmother (her great-great grandmother)

Perhaps I could have 2 middle names.. so Emily Grace Margaret Turner? xx

WantToBeAMummy
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:01 am 
Post subject:
Love that idea...that sounds like a beautiful name! Like Rachn3babies said, just say them out loud and see how they flow etc and write out initials...

EMILY TURNER = ET
EMILY MARGARET TURNER = EMT
EMILY GRACE MARGARET TURNER= EGMT

Aw such a pretty name Smile
WantToBeAMummy
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:04 am 
Post subject:
Love that idea...that sounds like a beautiful name! Like Rachn3babies said, just say them out loud and see how they flow etc and write out initials...

EMILY TURNER = ET
EMILY MARGARET TURNER = EMT
EMILY GRACE MARGARET TURNER= EGMT

Aw such a pretty name Smile
klam
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:52 am 
Post subject:
My daughter is called Emily, middle name Anne. I always loved the name Emily and she has always suited it. I don't think it's old fashioned and since she was born I have heard of quite a few other little girls called Emily too.
MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:56 pm 
Post subject:
Emily Grace is lovely! Smile And I don't think having an 'old fashioned middle name' is a problem - mine is old fashioned (May) and I actually use it as a first name since I was 18 so I prefer it to my actual first name (Samantha) Smile
x

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:25 pm 
Post subject:
MingoMayo wrote:
Emily Grace is lovely! Smile And I don't think having an 'old fashioned middle name' is a problem - mine is old fashioned (May) and I actually use it as a first name since I was 18 so I prefer it to my actual first name (Samantha) Smile
x

Everyone in my family does that, i though we were the only ones lol

My grandad is called robert but everyone calls him douglas (his middle name)
My great grandad was called jonathan but everyone called him edward (his middle name)
And my sister is called isobelle but gets called lulu (her middle name is louisa)

I am struggling to pick a name although I do love the name Emily, my oh doesnt help though as he just lets me get on with it and tells me to name her what I want lol xx

XxAvasmummyxX
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:44 pm 
Post subject:
I've added more names to the list. Soooo undecided!!! I love them all. Does anyone have any new suggestions that I havent put? xx

mclainpauline
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:32 am 
Post subject:
I want to suggest you to use the name Emily and as middle name use grace. Emily Grace sounds better and lovely name. One of my friends daughter name is Emily Grace so i like to suggest this name.
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular