height/weight centiles

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:09 am 
Post subject: height/weight centiles
My 14 week old daughter is apparently in the 9th centile for weight, so very light for her age but in the 75th centile for height, so apparently quite tall. Is it normal for their height/weight to be so far apart in %? And has anyone else found the height centiles to be 'out', because my daughter is still in 0-3, so I'm confused as to how she can be 'tall' for her age??

Thanks Smile
XxNOAHnELIJAHxX
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:53 pm 
Post subject:
um i am unsure my little man is fitting perfect in 0-3 month clothes now and his only 4 weeks. Shocked

My beautiful little men filling up my world x
Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:11 pm 
Post subject:
Thanks - I was probably over thinking it - a few people have reassured me that she's not skinny so I'm not gonna stress. She's petite - no matter what the red book charts say lol! Her up to 1 month vests still fit!! Smile
steph181
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:34 am 
Post subject:
My daughter was on the 9th centile for weight and the 50th for height, but i found the tiny baby stuff was too small for her even though weight wise she was right!

she is now on 50th for both, yet still only in 2-3 trousers, but 3-4 tops!

MrsOz
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:33 am 
Post subject:
I think they will all average out over time, especially when they have sudden growth 'spurts' which will affect their lengths.
Both my girls have big heads - evie was 50th perc for everything except her head being 92nd, (although has now dropped to be 9th for everything) and Poppy is 9th perc for everything apart from her head at 50th Laughing

xx

Raspich
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:34 am 
Post subject:
Thanks - is nice to know that others have found this - my HV was really unhelpful and dismissive about it. She measured her last wednesday and said she was 57cm which is impossible because she was measured by the pediatrician on the 7 of december and found to be 56.8cm - since then she has outgrown her up to 1 month sleepsuits and other bits! I've measured her a few times lol and it varied from 59cm-61cm! So I've stopped!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Community

Popular