I concieved after reversal of sterilisation

ladycake
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:22 pm 
Post subject:
Good luck Helen Smile

Thanks girls for all the information, it really is an open topic lol which is good for anybody really needing to know things which I have.
Well 2 weeks till our holiday and this weather is amazing, we went walking the dogs and eating fish and chips, lay on the grass reading -IDYLIC location

Very Happy Very Happy
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:31 am 
Post subject:
Generally one of the Ladies in the 'Getting pregnant after reversal' Will have the answer to pretty much any question as a lot of us have had other investigations or tried extra things to get pregnant, if its just a general TTC question then there's a section on here for that as well if none of us know the answer Smile
Aww Helen I hope you're right and you do get that BFP Very Happy
I'm due Saturday or Sunday as well and have noticed a few unusual things this month, probably imagining it mind you as my chances are practically zero Rolling Eyes Laughing
I know I noticed a massive surge in symptoms throughout my cycle after my reversal though a lot of Ladies say they do Question , I think some of it probably is that you start looking for things and analysing them Embarassed Laughing
But I'm sure some of it is that your ovaries seem to get a boost from the op as well, as I've read a lot about post tubal ligation syndrome as they call it in the US were women can start to feel almost post menopausal and sometimes actually go through an early menopause due to being sterilised Shocked purely from the fact that the blood flow to the ovaries is compromised by sterilisation and some woman have reversals just to feel normal again . I know I never had any signs I was ovulating while sterilised , never got any ov pains or anything like that and now I can't miss it most months Question
I hope you do get lucky this month though, we have had a few Ladies get BFP's the first month trying so it is possible Very Happy xx
Helen10
Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:21 am 
Post subject:
Thanks DL05 it certainly puts you through the motions. I dont feel I am did a test yesterday and was negative will just wait to see if af arrives on friday. Then I guess it starts all again. Im not going to think too much about it as we go to turkey in 4 weeks so want to chill and enjoy my holiday. I saw your messages about disney!! It was this time last year 23 of us flew out for two weeks in disney myself and dh got married in cypress grove aswell was fantastic. Wish we were going back again this year. Hopefully 2015 x
anyway fx for you that your miracle happens soon xx
helen
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:30 am 
Post subject:
Aww sorry you got a negative Helen but you're not out until the evil witch shows Smile I've got my usual PMT now so I know i'm out Rolling Eyes Laughing
So it's almost your one year anniversary Very Happy Enjoy your holiday, you never know you may come back with an extra person on board Wink Laughing xx
Helen10
Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:39 am 
Post subject:
Yes it will be our first anniversary on the 25th x you never know considering with my three children I have come back off holiday to discover im pregnant haha xx
staceynleon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:02 pm 
Post subject: please help
hi people,

i dont know if i posted this in the right part, but i'm hoping to get answers.
basically i was in a abusive relationship and had two children my husband at the time forced me to get sterilisation i was only 25 and told the consultant that i wasnt ready for that, but he still manage to get me to sign the line.
i got rid of the scum and am quite happy with my new partner who treats me like a queen and accepts my two children, except we both want another child. i have heard of privately but how much actually is it to get reversed or if i prove that my age and the fact i was unsure and had no counselling was wrong to a point maybe i could get it on nhs.

i'm pulling my hair out hope someone can help x Sad
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:14 pm 
Post subject:
You could try and ask for a reversal on the NHS but to be honest they really don't want to do them, I've heard of women who were only 20 or 21 at the time with one or two children being refused reversals, we did have a Lady who had it done in her 20's when she had no children Shocked and she still had to go private .
They often don't offer counselling, mine was done on the spur of the moment as I went in for an emergency section and I still was told I had no chance of an NHS reversal .
Sadly they often don't keep good records of what was said before these op's or the womans mental state isn't taken into account either , I've heard of a few women who were pressured into it by ex partners or even by doctors but sadly the NHS don't seem to care Confused
The only Lady I know who did get a NHS reversal in England it was because sadly her baby died Sad
I'm not sure if Scotland is the same though Question
The costs privately range from around £3,000 to about £5,000 for a reversal and similar for IVF which is another option that bypasses the tubes so it doesn't matter what method was used to sterilise you.
Before deciding which route to go down I'd get a copy of your op report from your GP and see how they did the sterilisation as some methods are easier to reverse , for other methods IVF might be the better option .
Either way though I'd speak to your GP first, put a case for a reversal on the NHS and if you decide to go private get all your tests done on the NHS first as it will save you a lot of money .
There's a section called getting pregnant after reversal which is where most of the women post, its for before and after the op and I'm sure all the Ladies will be happy to answer any questions that they can xx
staceynleon
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:21 pm 
Post subject:
thank you that helps a lot Laughing

my doctor is useless and just rude i had clips put on so i heard the reversal is easy. is there anywhere that does a finance plan so you can pay by instalments or something. also ive heard about this doctor pickles is he any good??
what tests will i need to have before hand that the doctor will do?
i plan to see doctor tomorrow and put my case forward again and again as i know women who have 13 kids and turned down for sterilisation its mad i think not sure but the surgeon done them so they could be reversed. Smile Smile Smile Smile
Helen10
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:43 pm 
Post subject:
Hi
I had my reversal done about six weeks ago so its officially our first month of trying. On my first visit to the doctors they ordered two blood tests one on day 3 and one on day 21 of my cycle these are to check hormone levels and that you are still ovulating x
where I live they won't do reversals on the nhs so we had to pay private. It cost us 2721 for the procedure done by key hole recovery was fast less than two weeks to be fully recovered.

I know a few ladies have used dr pickles he has good reviews

Hope this helps

helen
JellyBean73
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:02 pm 
Post subject:
I am a Doctor Pickles reversal Lady and I am 3 months preggie. Go onto his Facebook page and you will really what he has done for so many women! I cant praise him enough even before I found out I was pregnant - I was singing his praises. Very Happy
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:59 am 
Post subject:
Yeah I've heard good things about Dr Pickles, I believe he's a bit pricey but then again I paid almost £3,000 (for keyhole) and it will be 3yrs in august since my reversal with someone else and no BFP Rolling Eyes so I might have well as burnt that £3,000 Question
Could well be worth paying that bit extra if he gets results. I had day 1-5 bloods done to make sure I wasn't peri menopausal and my OH had a semen analysis done both on the NHS, I didn't bother with the day 21 bloods to make sure I was ovulating as I just bbt charted for a few months and I knew I was , sort of wished I had had them after though as then you get actual numbers so if they are a bit low you can ask about clomid or extra progesterone Question
Clips are supposed to be easiest as long as there's only one on each tube, they still have to trim the tubes back and rejoin them as the clips actually kill off the bit of tube where they're placed, sometimes the tube actually seperates and the clips fall off, so you do still loose some length but with just one clip that's normally minimal Smile
As long as they're not close by the womb or they didn't use 2 or more then it should be a straight forward op . Some hospitals do have payment plans either in the form of medical loans , or a type of card like a credit card which they give you a limit on then you can use it for any procedure you like and I know some women have used ordinary credit cards Question If you can find a good interest rate it might be an option Question There's often info on the websites about costs and payment but you do have to pay in full one way or another sometimes before they'll even book you in and at other places just by the day of the op .
I'd definitely badger your doc though as his personal opinion of whether or not reversals should be done is irrelevant , if you don't have any luck with him ask for the practise manager as they actually prepare the paperwork for referrals and can be more helpful as they have a better grasp of procedures , Good luck xx
Jess40
Newcomer
Newcomer
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:55 am 
Post subject: Jess1973 update!
Hi all I was originally on here a few months ago as Jess1973, Pregnant following Reversal of sterilization done laprascopically. I have returned as Jess40 due to my account being deactivated,possibly because I didn't use the forums for while?. Just to update everyone, I had my beautiful baby girl, Amelie Alice on July 4th 2013. She is happy and healthy and weighed 6lb 12oz. I will update further information shortly...

Last edited by Jess40 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:01 am 
Post subject:
Congratulations Jess Very Happy that's great news xx
ladycake
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:55 am 
Post subject:
Fantastic news -congratulations - how long after reversal did you catch with your bundle of joy x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> IVF & Sterilisation Reversal All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  

Community

Popular