c-sections

Xxxpolxxx
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:08 pm 
Post subject: c-sections
I know they say 6 week to recover is this true or did it take longer or less time to feel normal?? i was fine straight away after the first was really bad after the second as they cut me and i tore and it all went wrong but im dreading having a c-section and not been able to do anything xx
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:13 pm 
Post subject:
I recovered quite quickly but I've only had the 1. I still didn't drive for 6 weeks tho !

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:14 pm 
Post subject:
what is it about driving that is hard?? i no by law you cant drive for 3 weeks but does it pull on your stomach??
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:17 pm 
Post subject:
My second c-section recovery time was far far quicker. i was doing everything I normally do by the Tuesday and I had Naia the previous Thursday morning.

RacheynHarry
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:47 pm 
Post subject:
When I went for my booking in appointment last week for my section the midwife said it was up to me when I started driving. Its about you being comfortable and able to do an emergency stop without pulling on your stomach cause they dont want you to cause any internal damage.

With my last section I felt normal after a couple of weeks but still didnt drive till 6 weeks after.

tracebumfluffwhy
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:00 pm 
Post subject:
I've only had 1 section so far (due to have another one in March) and I recovered quickly but like the others didn't drive for 6 week but probably could have done before.

Some people do have a rough time from them tho.

Xxxpolxxx
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:03 pm 
Post subject:
thank you for the reply's im really dreading having the c section done x
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:19 pm 
Post subject:
I'm worried too hun as I have to have one this time and haven't had one before - but I think a lot of it is attitude and if you are get up and go then you heal quicker and feel better - so that is my plan! Smile

xxx

Bella83
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:08 pm 
Post subject:
I recovered quite quickly but I've only had the 1. I still didn't drive for 6 weeks tho !

hayley2903
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:41 pm 
Post subject:
I had to have a section due to my bicornuate uterus. The actual section is such a crazy experience I could go through it over and over! (Make sure you tell them if you feel sick or anything whilst its going on though because they can stop it)
The recovery though, I felt pretty battered personally, you have to get up pretty soon after as I'm sure you're aware to keep things moving and I did find it hard trying to look after my daughter at the same time but you find ways to adapt such as hunching a little haha
I was in more pain than necessary due to the crappy hospital I was in (St Marys were disgusting with me)and the spinal affected my back, still have regular pain in it and it made me think I was more battered than I really was! I overdid it afterwards also and ended up taking around 10 weeks to recover. But if you rest lots and be brave in bed (lying on your side or sitting down feels rather strange but won't pull at your scar!)It'll all be fine! I'd do it all again and I'm a wimp so can't be that bad Smile xx
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:25 am 
Post subject:
i volunteer on a maternity ward so i do see alot of women just after they have had a section and that you have to be up so long after the op but i think its just cause i no the twins will be in nicu and have 2 other littles one i need to just get up and go after x
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:39 am 
Post subject:
Don't put pressure on yourself, if you over do it then you just feel worse, is there a reason they've said to have a c section for the twins or is it elective ? I know quite a few women who've had natural births with twins even when one is breech so if you're not happy with the idea of a section I'd talk to them about it and see if you can work something out that you and the hospital are happy about Question
The recovery though its hard to say as it depends on your personal circumstances, I've had 3 for different reasons, the first was worst but I was badly aneamic after as well and felt like death , I also had a general and was suffering the effects of that , I genuinely wasn'[t prepared for feeling so wiped out and couldn't look after my baby for the first day or two and it was a good 3-4 weeks before I was pain free and able to walk a reasonable distance , second one though was with a spinal and I was sat up breastfeeding an hour later, as soon as the effects of the spinal wore of I was up and about, barely touched the PCAS for the morphine second time round (the first I used it all and had to have a second) and recovered much quicker , I don't think attitude really has anything to do with it though as first time round it was planned for PP and I was sort of prepared whereas second time it wasn't planned and I was gutted Question but still recovered better physically , for me the hardest bit after having natural births was the emotional side to be honest , that dragged on far longer and my first section put me off having more children for years and I don't think they prepare you for that Question
Driving is a combo of how you feel and your insurance cover rather than any "rules" you need to ring and check you'll be covered if you drive , AXA in germany were fine with me driving as soon as I was out of hospital, I first drove that time at about a week post op (3rd section) as my son was in special care and my OH had to go back to work so it was the only way to get there .
I actually found walking harder than driving anyway as being upright can pull on the scar Question
Don't put pressure on yourself to be super woman though, take it easy and give yourself time to heal, I know I was desperate to see my son after my 3rd but they made me stay in bed for 24hrs which was torture , and I felt guilty for not being there for him more but honestly they don't remember my sons 10 now and didn't even know he was prem until we mentioned it a couple of years ago, and he was 7 weeks early but the SCBU/NICU team are great with them and you need to recover and be in the best shaope possible for when they come home especially with two to look after xxx
libertytmk
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:30 am 
Post subject:
RacheynHarry wrote:
When I went for my booking in appointment last week for my section the midwife said it was up to me when I started driving. Its about you being comfortable and able to do an emergency stop without pulling on your stomach cause they dont want you to cause any internal damage.

With my last section I felt normal after a couple of weeks but still didnt drive till 6 weeks after.

That's not true because you're often not insured until 6 weeks after so you'd have to check with your insurance company.

I felt awful until about 6 or 7 weeks later but it probably wasn't helped by the fact my lo slept 3 hours in 24

MingoMayo
AskBaby Star
AskBaby Star
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:50 am 
Post subject:
After my natural birth and 4th degree tear I was told not to drive for 6 weeks, but then got my doctor to record on my notes when I felt ok (after 3 weeks) and so long as a doctor has told you 'yes' and recorded it, and you have told your insurance company this then they generally are ok with letting you drive. You must check with your insurance though as some stick rigidly to the 6 week rule x

zachariahelijahmalakaimum
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:04 pm 
Post subject:
I recovered alot faster this time but that could cum from the fact i was awake this time so only had 1day in intensive care (itu) unlike the three days wiv my first.
I am still suffering from an infection in my scar n pain in my bak tho Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular