c-sections

hoping4number2
Guru Member
Guru Member
Reply with quote Back to top
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:53 pm 
Post subject:
I recovered really well from both I think. I drove after 2weeks with each, my insurance company said that was fine, as long as I felt comfortable. You find ways round things and it hurts more if you overdo it so just concentrate on looking after the babies and everyone else can do the rest, Yey! Very Happy

Xx
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:39 pm 
Post subject:
thank you i didnt choose a csection but i have no choice, well i do but my twins are mcma so they are in the same waters and shared placenta and one of them is disabled so they dont want me having a natural birth as there is a big risk to both of them and my body is not very good at birth so i wouldnt argue, also i am having them between 32 - 34 (if we get that far) weeks so they want to be in control of when it happens Smile
Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:29 pm 
Post subject:
I couldn't laugh, cough or move well after my section. I was in high dependency and bed bound for 4 days but when I did start moving it was veeeery slow. I think it is tempting to lean forward (as I saw many women do in the mat ward) which then hurts your back too. If you use a pillow to push against your tummy when you do cough/ laugh it hurts less.
Take whatever pain relief they offer then reduce it down - I was told that the first time I refused a painrelief it was taken off my prescription list... if I had known that I would have taken morphine all of the time instead of trying to be hardcore! Haha!

A week after I was fine, as long as I didn't move quickly - I still had to move carefully out of bed or off a sofa. 2 weeks later you wouldn't have known I'd had one but I was keen to get on with it.

The ladies are right - it is 6 weeks due to insurance reasons for 'major surgery'.

With your twins being in SCBU you may be allowed to stay in hospital with them for sometime, so use that time to recover with support

xx

baabaabaa1001
Guru Member
Guru Member
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:36 pm 
Post subject:
with my first it took me months to feel right ( it was an emergency section after 36.5hours of labour then baby turned his head and got stuck ) but with my youngest i had an elective and i felt great 2 days after didnt even need pain killers after 4 days. think it helped that it was a relaxed event and i was up and about the morning after. with my first i had pre-eclampsia and was stuck in bed for 4 days after so felt very weak then i got a cyst on my scar a couple of days after i got home so had to rest alot with that aswell! Sad this time round didnt even feel real that i had a section. i would defo try and not to drive for 6 weeks though my mate started driving after 4 weeks after her second section and she said it was a massive mistake and it hurt like hell.

DL05
AskBaby Legend
AskBaby Legend
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:18 am 
Post subject:
Xpol, early babies when they know and can control the situtation often do very well Smile , my son was born at 33 weeks but was only in special care for 2 weeks Smile and it would have been less time if he'd not had an infection, having steroids the day before he was born meant he was born screaming :)and had agpar scores of 9 and 10 Shocked (whereas my DD was a section in labour at 38 weeks with no steroids and she struggled to breathe so they do make a massive difference )
My FIL's wife had her twin girls at just over 34 weeks and they didn't even go into special care ,just had heated cots, so FX they can keep them in there as long as possible for you, I can understand why you wouldn't want to risk a natural birth with momo twins , it makes things that bit more complicated doesn't it , do you know what you're having ? xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AskBaby Talk -> General Pregnancy All times are GMT
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  

Community

Popular